Melrose Cares: Open Community Dialogue

Click here to report offensive or inappropriate posts.

Schools & School Committee
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Teachers asking students if parents go on Melrose Messages

I have heard on a couple of occasions this school year that students are being asked by certain corrupt educators if their parents go on Melrose Messages. There is every reason to believe administrators have asked teachers to do this and report back. There is a good reason our forefathers insisted our government make no laws abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, even on line or in chat rooms!
I think it is important to "out" any educator who is up to no good and is colluding with our corrupt local government and school administration to shut down free speech.

Re: Teachers asking students if parents go on Melrose Messages

You would be remiss to leave out the right to petition government for redress of grievances is the right to make a complaint to, or seek the assistance of, one's government, without fear of punishment or reprisals. The school committee chair and superintendent, with the help of the city solicitor and police, have very effectively abridged this right over the last several years right under our noses and they leave evidence everywhere. Try to make a complaint at a school committee meeting or to a school administrator and see how fast they swoop down on you with retribution.

Good evening to you all, after reading this post I am not surprised that school administrative teachers are asking students, 'do the parents post on the message board?' The truth of the whole thing is, it is none of their business. Apparently the message board is doing the job it's supposed to be doing. That's the freedom of speech. Because when you get down to it, going to a melrose school committee meeting, participating, or speaking at the meeting, if they don't like what you're saying. or talking about you'll never get to talk for five minutes. A real concern here is, why are they asking the students, they play a lot of games here, getting back at students and parents. My message to the school administration and the school committee and our superintendent; if you folks aren't retaliating against other folks that file these complaints, people probably wouldn't go to the message board, but I guess we're at the point, that the message board is having an impact. Because the truth is being spoken, and maybe that is starting to bother the administration folks, our superintendent and probably making our mayor a lot more nervous now. There concern should be, what is the next scandal that is going to happen, if it isn't a scandal, or do we have more corruption coming our way? Maybe the one thing that you should keep in mind is, social media will sure as hell not shut it down. So you need to all grow up, and realize that a lot of the bull that has been going on for sometime now, needs to end. Maybe the best example look at the high turnover of principles. We're almost at the end of the year, how many more teachers are going to leave? Because this isn't about teaching in Melrose, this has to do more with what our superintendent want and some folks on the school committee. Let's add one more thing to this; How many IEP's were on a compliance? Basically in simple language, how many children were missing the services that they deserve and that they should have with their IEP. You folks should be worried about all of us in the community because we're all talking. Not only the folks with children in the school system but also folks with children that are long gone out of the school system. My message to mayor dolan, superintendent; start doing your jobs, teach our children and stop worrying about retaliation against the children and the parents. Sooner or later, someone will take you to court over the possibility of false charges. You all have a great evening, look forward to comments.

Be alert
I have heard on a couple of occasions this school year that students are being asked by certain corrupt educators if their parents go on Melrose Messages.

Murray at the Middleschool[:-|]

The educators do this for gain with the administration every single day. You can't believe the teachers and paraprofessionals that are big fat rats in all schools. Melrose employees they run to PWL,CT and principals. More staff are leaving the schools because of being so unhappy in Melrose. It is always the blame game with the mayor and superintendent.

Rat
Be alert
I have heard on a couple of occasions this school year that students are being asked by certain corrupt educators if their parents go on Melrose Messages.

Retired from a school in Melrose. The Middleschool RM, WW,JB,MR. TW,KO,EA,CC,KF,SD,KB,SC in the schools and more. So many of the secretaries play the game also with administration. The school needs to shake it up and move teachers.

Melrose
Good evening to you all, after reading this post I am not surprised that school administrative teachers are asking students, 'do the parents post on the message board?' The truth of the whole thing is, it is none of their business. Apparently the message board is doing the job it's supposed to be doing. That's the freedom of speech. Because when you get down to it, going to a melrose school committee meeting, participating, or speaking at the meeting, if they don't like what you're saying. or talking about you'll never get to talk for five minutes. A real concern here is, why are they asking the students, they play a lot of games here, getting back at students and parents. My message to the school administration and the school committee and our superintendent; if you folks aren't retaliating against other folks that file these complaints, people probably wouldn't go to the message board, but I guess we're at the point, that the message board is having an impact. Because the truth is being spoken, and maybe that is starting to bother the administration folks, our superintendent and probably making our mayor a lot more nervous now. There concern should be, what is the next scandal that is going to happen, if it isn't a scandal, or do we have more corruption coming our way? Maybe the one thing that you should keep in mind is, social media will sure as hell not shut it down. So you need to all grow up, and realize that a lot of the bull that has been going on for sometime now, needs to end. Maybe the best example look at the high turnover of principles. We're almost at the end of the year, how many more teachers are going to leave? Because this isn't about teaching in Melrose, this has to do more with what our superintendent want and some folks on the school committee. Let's add one more thing to this; How many IEP's were on a compliance? Basically in simple language, how many children were missing the services that they deserve and that they should have with their IEP. You folks should be worried about all of us in the community because we're all talking. Not only the folks with children in the school system but also folks with children that are long gone out of the school system. My message to mayor dolan, superintendent; start doing your jobs, teach our children and stop worrying about retaliation against the children and the parents. Sooner or later, someone will take you to court over the possibility of false charges. You all have a great evening, look forward to comments.

It is to late for dolan, taymore, pwl, and adams good-bye!

fired
Melrose

It is to late for dolan, taymore, pwl, and adams good-bye!
I still smile whenever i think of that override getting flushed down the toilet by the realistic people in our city.

I laugh every time I think of the override that dolan and taymore thought they had in the bag!!!

retired
Rat
Be alert

Retired from a school in Melrose. The Middleschool RM, WW,JB,MR. TW,KO,EA,CC,KF,SD,KB,SC in the schools and more. So many of the secretaries play the game also with administration. The school needs to shake it up and move teachers.

The school is infested with rats and no one is enjoying working with this behavior. No one from the administration, staff, SC and Mayor Dolan can be trusted. Asking children if your parents go on Melrose Messages you get what you paid for.

I am concerned to know what school is teachers asking students if mom or dad go on Melrose Messages. Post if you know the answer.

Good evening to you all. I can't help but wonder why teachers, administrative individuals, our superintendent will be asking students or children however you would like to put it, if their parents or family members go on melrose message board. I guess they don't believe in privacy, of the children, and family members. This can be very alarming so maybe you should do it the easier way, if you're that curious why don't you just survey all of the parents in the melrose school system. I think that you have embarrassed yourselves. But maybe you don't know what that is. That would be like me asking you; what did you do with your other partner last night? I'm sure that would make you mad or uncomfortable. So all parents in this community, should be asking the children, if the school department or administration are asking questions, what do we do? Do we look at melrose message board, do we post on melrose message board, because maybe we'll find out who these folks are, who are asking our children, and the nice thing about social media, doesn't matter what social media you're using, we can give other folks a heads up on who's asking these questions and have the list grow. Okay folks, I look forward to hearing your comments.

Melrose
Good evening to you all. I can't help but wonder why teachers, administrative individuals, our superintendent will be asking students or children however you would like to put it, if their parents or family members go on melrose message board. I guess they don't believe in privacy, of the children, and family members. This can be very alarming so maybe you should do it the easier way, if you're that curious why don't you just survey all of the parents in the melrose school system. I think that you have embarrassed yourselves. But maybe you don't know what that is. That would be like me asking you; what did you do with your other partner last night? I'm sure that would make you mad or uncomfortable. So all parents in this community, should be asking the children, if the school department or administration are asking questions, what do we do? Do we look at melrose message board, do we post on melrose message board, because maybe we'll find out who these folks are, who are asking our children, and the nice thing about social media, doesn't matter what social media you're using, we can give other folks a heads up on who's asking these questions and have the list grow. Okay folks, I look forward to hearing your comments.
I guess the problem doesn't affect any of those MEF mommies because, if it did, the problem would be fixed. Could it be that the MEF mommies are the ones pulling the strings from behind the scenes? We all know that whatever the MEF mommies want, they get

The superintendent needs to have teachers get pink slipped and reapply for their jobs again. It is so bad in Melrose so many are leaving the city.

I am not surprised by the teachers and staff allowing this to be done in school. This is so inappropriate on the MPS. Glad to hear students did not feel comfortable being ask if family goes on MM. We pay to live in a nice city like Melrose and do not want to pay for private schools.

This superintendent needs to go.It is time fire her.

Melrose Schools moral is at an all-time low. I have worked here for 20 plus years, been through the ups and downs various superintendents and principals. This administration encourages dissension among coworkers. People who we considered friends are now stabbing each other in the backs to get ahead. We are a revolving door and who suffers the most? Your children. We are supposed to be teaching students academics, social skills and conflict resolution. How can shunning commence with a vengeance and continue until you can't take it no more. How can that be accomplished when we are poor examples encouraged to do so by Cyndi Taymore and principals. Shame on this administration that employees are made to behave in such a reprehensible way just to survive here and save our jobs. If you don't follow this directive the ramifications of retaliation. Sad but true...

Problem

As I said in a previous topic.....Are you living in la-la land? The school committee is the only group that can get rid of Taymore - and they certainly are not going to admit they made a mistake by firing her! You have to get rid of the current school committee members - and that won't happen because most people in this city don't know what's going on in the schools and don't care enough to vote them out! Taymore will leave when she is ready - don't waste your time complaining and hoping that something gets fixed - ain't going to happen until Taymore leaves and retires on her big fat pension! What a waste of money - but that is the government you all elected - know who to blame - just look in the mirror - staring right at you!

So many more unfaithful workers are turning to management. Besides Murray you have CF, JW, GW, JS, CM, SM and many more in the schools.

Melrose Messages speaks the truth! The administration would rather you tell them what is going on in the system. Then came Melrose Messages and you can write what you think the needs of the system are lacking. You do not have to say who you are or write your name. It is a great source to have to correct the city. The schools are so short staff and the kids are suffering when we pay so much in taxes. Then try and get up 40 thousand to send my kids to a private school not fair to the homeowners. If there is a problem deal with it and not hide the fact that your system is failing rapidly. The superintendent should be fading out soon her end is near. When she goes Margaret and PWL will be forced to leave. Like we keep hearing clean the swamp.

Its Chelsea with tress.[8-)]

While a lot of posts here are "pearl clutching" exaggerations, I appreciate the conversions that they start.

I am shocked that the new principal at the high school would do this. I need proof that this is true.

Blame Yourselves!
Problem

As I said in a previous topic.....Are you living in la-la land? The school committee is the only group that can get rid of Taymore - and they certainly are not going to admit they made a mistake by firing her! You have to get rid of the current school committee members - and that won't happen because most people in this city don't know what's going on in the schools and don't care enough to vote them out! Taymore will leave when she is ready - don't waste your time complaining and hoping that something gets fixed - ain't going to happen until Taymore leaves and retires on her big fat pension! What a waste of money - but that is the government you all elected - know who to blame - just look in the mirror - staring right at you!

Taymore should of resigned from Melrose. The city needs to take serious data its not pretty. Taymore and Adams came from Malden. What is wrong with the SC are they on drugs. Insane is what this is we vote for you the SC to speak up. Why should a resident picket or get angry we vote you in don't forget.

LA-LA LAND
Taymore should of resigned from Melrose

should have**

I'm not normally one who corrects other's postings, but I have to admit when I read somethng like that it makes my skin crawl. Do people not realize that by writing trash like that it diminishes from the attention people pay to the point they're trying to make (if any), and it says, perhaps unfairly, something about the intelligence of the poster as well.

For example: "Taymore should of resigned from Melrose. The city needs to take serious data its not pretty. Taymore and Adams came from Malden. What is wrong with the SC are they on drugs. Insane is what this is we vote for you the SC to speak up. Why should a resident picket or get angry we vote you in don't forget."

I didn't make it past the second sentence (and I use that term very loosely) before I dismissed the post as the ravings of a blithering idiot. If you made it through third grade you ought to be able to compose a coherent post that demonstrates at least a minimum understanding of grammar and punctuation. Sad, isn't it?

It wasn't even worth starting to correct!

Type A take a pill and get over it.

Ditto
If you made it through third grade you ought to be able to compose a coherent post that demonstrates at least a minimum understanding of grammar and punctuation. Sad, isn't it?

The poster you are referring to must have attended Melrose High School. Unprecedented, historic, incredible and exemplary.

Right.

If the message is understood and SC knows the MPS teachers are not doing their job. If it is third grade or college hopefully they are listening and pink slip the teachers that just come to school to gossip about the kids, parents and other teachers.

Prof. Correctipants, Jr.
It wasn't even worth starting to correct!

Some teachers pass HW and test to the paras to grade. Some never even look at the HW.

I worked years ago in the schools in Melrose it was a nightmare. Had a para KF yell and scream at me that she should of been fired but she plays management.

I do and proud of it.

Why the Mayor and SC have not corrected the problems with the principals. The mayor should not sit in on the SC this is to have control.

It is the principal at the high school who asked teachers to see if parents go on MM.

Parent
I do and proud of it.

They should all say yes

I can't believe a principal would do this to his employees. Most of the ones they ask have brown on their nose. Some noses are growing too.