Melrose Cares: Open Community Dialogue

Click here to report offensive or inappropriate posts.

Schools & School Committee
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
NEW ADMINISTRATIVE POSITION INVENTED

Administration just posted a position for DIRECTOR OF STEM. Guess Margaret Adams can't handle the same amount of work Pat Muxie did. This is why they Margaret Adam's previously proposed to the school committee for layoffs of paras. The only saving of their jobs is unless somehow enough employees retire to cover the costs. Like we don't have enough administrators as it is.

Re: NEW ADMINISTRATIVE POSITION INVENTED

How long do you suppose it's going to take for Melroseians to wake up from their stupor and realize this administration is raping us - at the expense of our children?

Unreal
How long do you suppose it's going to take for Melroseians to wake up from their stupor and realize this administration is raping us - at the expense of our children?

I'll be dead before then and all the people who destroyed Melrose will have left living it up off out tax dollars.

Peon
Administration just posted a position for DIRECTOR OF STEM. Guess Margaret Adams can't handle the same amount of work Pat Muxie did. This is why they Margaret Adam's previously proposed to the school committee for layoffs of paras. The only saving of their jobs is unless somehow enough employees retire to cover the costs. Like we don't have enough administrators as it is.

The two came from Malden and they let them go. Melrose you are paying lots of legal fees. To tell you the truth the mayor did not listen and hired them.

Peon

The position hasn't been invented, it has existed and been staffed for two years. At least know the facts before...Oh wait, this is MelroseMessages, never mind.

Then who held the position? It's NOT IN THE BOOK OF EMPLOYEES AND POSITIONS HELD. If so why two years to fill it? I think you have a black line down your tongue.

Really
Then who held the position? It's NOT IN THE BOOK OF EMPLOYEES AND POSITIONS HELD. If so why two years to fill it? I think you have a black line down your tongue.

That you can't figure out how to search for who the current STEM Director is at the Middle and High School? That person has been doing the job for two years.

Why so evasive?

Most here are clueless
Peon

The position hasn't been invented, it has existed and been staffed for two years. At least know the facts before...Oh wait, this is MelroseMessages, never mind.
This website often sheds light on subjects politicians and their sycophants try and hide.

Good evening to all of you. I have a big question for Margaret Driscoll, melrose school committee, our mayor Dolan and all of you at home. For me it seems like they are not thinking about education anymore, they're thinking about adding people to the administration which is top heavy. I'm going to refer to these people who help out in the classroom to people who enjoy what they're doing and they care about the kids. They don't get paid a lot of money, and when I hear elected officials possibly talking about eliminating them, the big question becomes, what is their agenda? Yes folks, I'm asking that question, what is Margaret Driscoll's agenda. Is she trying to prepare herself to move up the ladder to be business manager, sooner then later? That's the way that I look at it. It's only a thought, and an opinion. But the bigger concern here is, is the education of every single child that attends the melrose public school system. Lets shine a little more light on this, it's not about the teachers being against the peers, or the peers against the teachers. This is really about education here. So I would say to every family in melrose, please make sure you call the mayors office and let him know how you feel about this. And make sure you call everybody on the school committee, I know from my own personal experience, paraprofessionals really do a good job. Some folks might not like what I'm saying, but it's time to make your opinions known to all, not just the school committee, board of alderman, our mayor,and our superintendent. Education is important and for those of who have forgotten about it, shame on you. What's more important, having another administration person or having paraprofessionals? I think that it is important that we use every avenue that we have available to educate every student and any student that has an IEP where the paraprofessional can come into play. It's sad when we have elected officials that don't really look at the big picture. Maybe because their children never had any difficulties in school. Please do not think that I am stepping over the line because I am sure as hell not. This is Melrose, sometimes you need to spell it out very clearly to all. So for those of you that think that you all have the answers, think again. What do I mean by that? Everyone of you should think of it as your own child being educated here. This is not about pointing fingers at one another. This is not about the teachers union. Sticking up for paraprofessionals, why change something if it has been working for all these years? The only thing that I can think of, is that melrose public school systems, under our current superintendent hasn't thought about or seeked the funds to teach a lot of these children in house instead of sending them to other places. Maybe because it seems to me that they just like to create more administration jobs. It's just an opinion. So let's all wake up. And ask the interesting question; what is important here in melrose for an education. Hiring more teachers or hiring more administration folks that do not deal with the children. Okay folks, I'm looking forward to hearing about your comments and thoughts.

This is not a New or Invented Position. It's a current and active "administrative" position that has been staffed for the past two years. Therefore it is already budgeted for. And, if you can't figure out how to find the information on who the current person in this position is, maybe then it's time to rethink your "Expertise" on this topic.

As far as my "evasiveness", I am not going to solve your problem. You can do your own homework/research. It really isn't that hard.

What's the word you don't know the definition of, oh yeah,
T R A N S P A R E N C Y. Ya sure it's about not doing the work. what a tool.

Apparently the SC, BOA, MPS Admins, City Hall and the MEF don't get it. Your actions will harm voters support for increased taxes needed for necessities when proposed wish list positions and program are pushed instead. Precious tax dollars are needed all over this City. BUT $ is tight and people will not support bonds and overrides when other priorities have been neglected for decades. The political candidates running for BOA and SC will not succeed, if the platforms they propose are not meeting true necessities. Asking for huge increases in staffing and programs which the residents of the cIty cannot afford will doom other dire needs (like new police and fire stations and paying teachers more). We all need to be honest and transparent about budgeting. Expansion may be desired but belt tightening is what is needed. Otherwise, the voters of Melrose will again vote down any additional taxes, bonds and overrides for public safety buildings and teacher salaries.

Jonathan Morris is listed for grades 6-8 and separately for grades 9-12. Is he leaving?

If you search the online staff directory using keyword science, it comes up.

People are sick of make a believe positions being given to friends and family of the Melrose connected. Makes citizens skeptical when they hear about a well paying job coming up.

Every year the administrations families will receive all the summer jobs first.

Manipulations Will Backfire
Apparently the SC, BOA, MPS Admins, City Hall and the MEF don't get it. Your actions will harm voters support for increased taxes needed for necessities when proposed wish list positions and program are pushed instead. Precious tax dollars are needed all over this City. BUT $ is tight and people will not support bonds and overrides when other priorities have been neglected for decades. The political candidates running for BOA and SC will not succeed, if the platforms they propose are not meeting true necessities. Asking for huge increases in staffing and programs which the residents of the cIty cannot afford will doom other dire needs (like new police and fire stations and paying teachers more). We all need to be honest and transparent about budgeting. Expansion may be desired but belt tightening is what is needed. Otherwise, the voters of Melrose will again vote down any additional taxes, bonds and overrides for public safety buildings and teacher salaries.

The School Committee Candidacy of Jen McAndrew is a disaster for anyone interested in true change in the schools. She is a condescending "expert" who led MEF's Override campaign. She is close to Margaret Driscoll and the Mayor....very depressing!

Depressed
Manipulations Will Backfire

The School Committee Candidacy of Jen McAndrew is a disaster for anyone interested in true change in the schools. She is a condescending "expert" who led MEF's Override campaign. She is close to Margaret Driscoll and the Mayor....very depressing!

Agree 100%