Melrose Cares: Open Community Dialogue

Click here to report offensive or inappropriate posts.

Schools & School Committee
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Mayor & SC member in Mystic Valley lottery?

Is it true or a rumor that the mayor entered his children into the charter school lottery? And didn't get in? Management over there wouldn't want another politician around who isn't from Malden.

Is it true that McAllister Grande did too and that her kid got in and is going there?!!!

I knew that she one of the fakest frauds around but this seals the deal. Hypocrite!!! I knew she only wanted to be on the SC to advocate for her precious family but to jump ship completely? Proves that she never had the interests of Melrose children at heart. ALL about herself.

This isn't an endorsement of the charter school from me but it certainly is from those two.

Re: Mayor & SC member in Mystic Valley lottery?

Good evening to you all, after reading this post I am not surprised that school administrative teachers are asking students, 'do the parents post on the message board?' The truth of the whole thing is, it is none of their business. Apparently the message board is doing the job it's supposed to be doing. That's the freedom of speech. Because when you get down to it, going to a melrose school committee meeting, participating, or speaking at the meeting, if they don't like what you're saying. or talking about you'll never get to talk for five minutes. A real concern here is, why are they asking the students, they play a lot of games here, getting back at students and parents. My message to the school administration and the school committee and our superintendent; if you folks aren't retaliating against other folks that file these complaints, people probably wouldn't go to the message board, but I guess we're at the point, that the message board is having an impact. Because the truth is being spoken, and maybe that is starting to bother the administration folks, our superintendent and probably making our mayor a lot more nervous now. There concern should be, what is the next scandal that is going to happen, if it isn't a scandal, or do we have more corruption coming our way? Maybe the one thing that you should keep in mind is, social media will sure as hell not shut it down. So you need to all grow up, and realize that a lot of the bull that has been going on for sometime now, needs to end. Maybe the best example look at the high turnover of principles. We're almost at the end of the year, how many more teachers are going to leave? Because this isn't about teaching in Melrose, this has to do more with what our superintendent want and some folks on the school committee. Let's add one more thing to this; How many IEP's were on a compliance? Basically in simple language, how many children were missing the services that they deserve and that they should have with their IEP. You folks should be worried about all of us in the community because we're all talking. Not only the folks with children in the school system but also folks with children that are long gone out of the school system. My message to mayor dolan, superintendent; start doing your jobs, teach our children and stop worrying about retaliation against the children and the parents. Sooner or later, someone will take you to court over the possibility of false charges. You all have a great evening, look forward to comments.

But is it true? Did those supposedly Anti-charter school Melrose officials enter the charter school lottery?

Incredible indeed. Unfortunately there are two sets of meanings for that word. There's the way Dolan constantly uses it, but people forget that it also means unbelievable, beyond belief, hard to believe, unconvincing, far-fetched, implausible, improbable, highly unlikely, dubious, doubtful, inconceivable, unthinkable, unimaginable, impossible, hard to swallow, cock-and-bull, bull$hit. The last is the most apropos.

Considering anti-charter school rhetoric has been one of the mayor's constant platforms, how is this ok?

The Grande woman is beyond belief and has zero moral fiber. Two faced.

True. Dolan's offspring did not get in, but the bobblehead's did, which is why all of a sudden she decided not to run for re-election.

Telling, but they are not the only ones. The Auditor's and/or the City Solicitor's either entered the lottery or have offspring accepted to MVCS. I'm not exactly sure which.

My question is this - why was this not splashed all over the front page of local rags in 4 inch type? Tells you all you need to know about not only where their priorities lie but what they actually think of the Melrose school system, despite the line of bull$hit they feed the public. These are the kind of people you're dealing with - don't say you weren't warned a long time ago.

Re: Mayor & SC member in Mystic Valley lottery

Van Campen's kids do not go to the Everett Schools. They have always gone to the Charter. The City Auditor's kids are all grown up. One is on the staff of Wyoming Cemetery.

If it's true that Dolan attempted to get his kids into Mystic Valley, I will no longer vote for any Democrat running in this City. My stomach turned when I read the MEF leader's SC announcement. After how Jen McAndrew ran the Override Campaign (I voted YES), I would never vote for her. She is rude, presumptive and is in the Mayor's pocket. The MPS are a mess and the latest fiasco at Lincoln proves mismanagement at every level. The Principal was only there for 2 years and never got the chance to establish herself. NO help, support or encouragement. I feel sorry for her but she never should have been hired in the first place. She had no experience. MPS Principals are 2nd tier at best because people do not want to work here. Taymore Paymore and the lunatic SC have made it impossible to attract qualified candidates.

Thank you for the clarification. This would be the same Van Campen who allegedly colludes with CT in filing false charges against parents, right?

Correct. Retaliatory actions against parents who file complaints; educator misconduct complaints , civil rights complaints, IEP complaints, you name it.
SJC Rule 3:07 Rules of Professional Conduct for Lawyers  is merely a minor inconvenience here.

Van Campen's kids go to Mystic Valley.

Same as Gaffney,the city planner's kids. The kids have a different last name than the mom but they are present and accounted for at Mystic Valley.

Mortimer's daughters both went to Mystic Valley but one goes to Melrose now.

At least those kids have been students there for awhile.

McAllister Grande is sending her spawn after the very public allegations of rampant racism at Mystic Valley. What does that say about her character?

Massachusetts General Laws Chapter 265, Section 25: Extortion:

Whoever, verbally or by a written or printed communication, maliciously threatens to accuse another of a crime or offence...., or any official who verbally or by written or printed communication maliciously and unlawfully uses or threatens to use against another the power or authority vested in him, with intent thereby to extort any pecuniary advantage, or with intent to compel any person to do any act against his will, shall be punished by imprisonment in the state prison for not more than fifteen years, or in the house of correction for not more than two and one half years, or by a fine of not more than five thousand dollars, or both.

Two Faced
Considering anti-charter school rhetoric has been one of the mayor's constant platforms, how is this ok?

The Grande woman is beyond belief and has zero moral fiber. Two faced.

That is a understatement in Melrose, Ma 02176! TWO FACED, TRY WORKING WITH THEM YOUR HEAD WOULD SPIN.

But is it true?