Melrose Cares: Open Community Dialogue

Click here to report offensive or inappropriate posts.

Schools & School Committee
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
PWL finalist in Wilmington superintendent search

Have you read the Office of Civil Rights guilty finding on four counts against Melrose Public Schools? In the complaint it specifically names Patti White-Lambright as the person to investigate the complaint. The OCR found her guilty of conducting a deliberate, inept investigation never speaking to actual witnesses like students and the librarian. You may want to look up other complaints against her with the Mass Commission Against Discrimination past and still pending for racism, retaliation, harassment. Then there's the complaints ie: with the Board of Ed not protecting a student under her care who is gay and countless other complaints. I'd love to see her gone from the Melrose and all the destruction she's caused but she doesn't deserve a promotion. Never returns calls. At least check it out and do a thorough vetting of this candidate.

Re: PWL finalist in Wilmington superintendent search

Sssshhhhh! Jeez! I hope no one from Wilmington reads this!

Oh, so you mean I shouldn't have notified the Wilmington School Committee. Whoops, too late.

Quiet!
Sssshhhhh! Jeez! I hope no one from Wilmington reads this!
...i contacted the local paper. Ya, she's a shoe-in. I'm laughing now too. Bahahahaha.

Any one who has filed a discrimination complaint with the school department gets nothing back, other than threats from the city lawyer or a summons to appear in court on bogus harassment charges.

That would be great if she is gone but who takes her spot? So Long Farewell Hate To See You Go.

TO USELESS: A few years back I was advocating for a student to have their adaptive technology fixed or replaced as it was old and broken. The student, under Patti White-Lambright's jurisdiction could not access the curriculum. I went through the chain of command to help this student to no avail. I was even told by the head honcho, "I have a whole district to run. I can't be concerned over one student." I ended up but with no other recourse but to file a complaint at the MCAD on the student's behalf. My local union told me it was not my place to advocate for the student. Really!! Next thing I know I'm called to administration. In attendance was Joe Casey, Patti White-Lambright, L. O'N, MaryJoe (the schools attorney at the time), an MTA Rep Jill C. (she was not our union's Rep at the time), our MTA Rep Laurie S, our two union officers D and M and some others I didn't know. In their hands was a settlement agreement for $2,000.00 in exchange for me to drop the MCAD complaint and not advocate for the student. After all, as they stated, I get paid so little I could use the money. First of all, wtf was the union at a MCAD proposed settlement offer. A meeting I was blindsided by as not even the union notified me this was happening. None of their f'n business nor the union's jurisdiction or right to settle. Second, this was not about me. It was about the student. I wasn't seeking any form of compensation. I picked up the settlement agreement, looked at my 'alleged reps' who in my opinion were working for administration, same as now with some, looked at my side of the table and told them it was none of their business and to inform the other side I wasn't interested. They could take their settlement offer and shove it up their as$. See, you can not call management a swear or derogatory words but you can refer to them to another person in that manner. Well, the student who's IEP and 3 Year Eval were over a year out of compliance were given a date to meet, supplies were ordered so the student was all set. End of story? Far from it. Retaliation soon set in with a fury. I had two things on my side going for me though. I was the only one in the district who had the skills to service this student, not that that would have stopped them from firing me, but I also had the settlement agreement in my possession, still do. The only person from that fiasco left working for the Melrose Public School district, PWL, the person who's job it was to protect that student and failed miserably and continues to fail. Shame on you!

Well this gave me the best chuckle of all. I'm sitting reading the Melrose Weekly News, Friday, Feb. 2, 2018. On page 9 is the list of top public earners in Melrose for 2017. Thats neither here nor there in this poster's point. Good for the police. So I'm reading #5 Cyndy Taymore at $177,021, started 07-01-12. Good to know having 4 OCR violations pays so well. So I read down the list and the next school official is Marianne Farrell at $133,813. Secret keeping and submitting redacted meeting notes pays well. We know its not the bookkeeping as she isn't capable of calculating the correct amount that's allowed to be placed into employees pensions. Moving on we come to Jason Merrill, MHS Principal. No complaints here. He's doing a good job so far. Fair and decent man. Please stay that way. Next we see Margaret Adams, Asst. Super for the Curriculum at $128,748, started with Cyndy from Malden on 07-01-12. This is where it gets good. Cyndys shopping buddy from Malden is none other than the wife of Brent Conway, MVMMS Principal at $125,189, started 07-01-07. Cyndy is really generous with her friends with our tax money. Drums are rolling now, ta da da da, Patricia White-Lambright, Asst. Super for PPS at $124,176, started 05-2007. Even the schools Resource Officer, Applegate makes more than her. So lets digest this tasty morsel. PWL has 5 plus years seniority over Adams. Both are Asst. Supers but I guess Patti-cakes isn't one of the inner circle. How many times has PWL applied for a Super position in other cities only to be passed by you ask. Many, and that's not counting the cities she didn't make it to the semi finals. Looking at the pay scale and seniority says it all. So Patti-cakes, the baker can bake you a cake but looks like the topping will never be that of the bride. So, seeing no-ones got your back at MPS, why not let the cat out of the bag and spill the litter on the box of feces that stinks in Smelrose.

so long farewell...
That would be great if she is gone but who takes her spot? So Long Farewell Hate To See You Go.
Better hope it's not C. BERMAN, assist principal at MHS. She was second in command under Patty until CT promoted her in the reported alleged racial remarks in the sped room by the sped teacher. Why cover up? Three reasons. 1. The School doesn't want another OCR investigation on race. 2. Berman recommended and hired the MHS Sped teacher, it would make her look bad. 3. Being present during at least three meetings were Berman took reports of racism and allegedly failing to report it to the superintendent permits the superintendent to state she was unaware of meetings and that none of Berman's notes reflect any reports on racism. Funny thing though. Melrose has 3 maybe 4 African American employees. Guess where 3 are working. Out of the 8 schools in the district and countless classrooms they are assigned in the sped teachers classroom. Bet that sped teacher, who happens to be on the end of her third year is on her best behavior so when the ocr inquires there will only be positive remarks AND so this Lynn, Lynn the City of Sin resident gets tenure. The other option to replace the bridesmaid is Mochi who took over for Berman when she was promoted. Another lost cause.

so long farewell...
Thought of another [great] hire of Joe Casey/Patricia White-Not-so-bright from Georgetown, Donna Rosso. Presently the Director of the ECC after teachers refused to recommend her for the permanent position. Even the committee told Patricia DO NOT HIRE THAT WOMAN. I mean why would she want that position anyways. She'd be the perfect spokes person for Little Debbies Snack Cakes. Can't you picture her in that bonnet and apron. And you know shes sampled more than her fair share of the product but then again Will Farrell does makes a better looking Debbie...and woman than DR. But back to appointees. Why have committees when everything is pre arranged. If that do-nothing excuse of a Sped Director lucks out and gets (the f) out we will be stuck with another moron. One either presently in the Melrose School System or another one of Cindy's shopping buddy besties. Hey...I've got a fantastico idea. Oh yea. Why not just appoint Wrong-way Conway. He's a ladder-climber even if it's on the steps of our children's backs. Now he can disservice our most vulnerable. KEEP ON ROCKING IN THE FREE WORLD.

Examining The Role of an Effective School Superintendent. Special education administrators are often responsible for the providing must be effective leaders who work well with other people. Not PWL at all. The parents in the district would like to have pictured her out of Melrose.

" I will have you know that I am an advocate for silence and non-speech and if you could be so understanding and empathetic as to help my cause I would be forever grateful."

Janice
" I will have you know that I am an advocate for silence and non-speech and if you could be so understanding and empathetic as to help my cause I would be forever grateful."
Ya, don't think so flamingo.

Janice
If DD would just stop, we would all be happy.

Don't know who that is or if he/she has contributed to this string but I will say I am grateful PWL and all the others are being exposed for what they are. Too many parents including myself and a friend have been threatened with legal recourse for fighting for my and other kids rights. We most certainly know who's side you are on and it's not our children. Crawl back under your rock.

The truth speaks volumes. Trying to silence everyone is impossible as there are too many victims. Thank goodness people are coming forward and not afraid of intimidation tactics. Quiet puts me to sleep. 💤

PWL should have been gone a long time ago for incompetence in her job. I don't care if she makes more money in a higher position as long as she gets the heck out of Dodge. The sooner the better.

MPS MOTTO: See something, say something. Cowards and rats want things hushed up.

"See something, say something" is a fine motto, but at all costs, DO NOT report to anyone within the Melrose system. You will only be disappointed as the rats from all levels of Melrose government and school department quickly start the cover-up process at whatever cost, which includes threatening those who reveal improprieties or witnesses who come forward. Go straight to the Office of Civil Rights at the Department of Education.

Do not go to a teacher. Do not go to a Principal. Do not go to the school resource officer (especially JA), Do not go to any assistant superintendent, especially (PWL). At all costs, do not go to the superintendent or the city solicitor (RVC). These people are not your friends.

Go straight to the Office of Civil Rights (FED DOE), MCAD or, if warranted, the State Police (Not MPD) or District Attorney

Hard lesson learned
"See something, say something" is a fine motto, but at all costs, DO NOT report to anyone within the Melrose system. You will only be disappointed as the rats from all levels of Melrose government and school department quickly start the cover-up process at whatever cost, which includes threatening those who reveal improprieties or witnesses who come forward. Go straight to the Office of Civil Rights at the Department of Education.

Do not go to a teacher. Do not go to a Principal. Do not go to the school resource officer (especially JA), Do not go to any assistant superintendent, especially (PWL). At all costs, do not go to the superintendent or the city solicitor (RVC). These people are not your friends.

Go straight to the Office of Civil Rights (FED DOE), MCAD or, if warranted, the State Police (Not MPD) or District Attorney
Sadly, this poster is correct. Melrose functions like a banana republic and has long before the federal govt went that way with its hideous lineup of thugs and sexual deviants in power.

Unfortunately under the utterly corrupt and incompetent Betsy DeVos, the US Dept of Civil Rights is now so damaged and under-resourced that it will probably not be much help. Our MA AG, however, Maura Healy, is fierce and has some excellent staff amidst the useless and corrupt leftovers from the vile Coakley hacks. (Don't count on the slick Gov's double-speaking hacks to help you. They won't. They are intent on fulfilling Trump's MAGA dictates despite their smooth pretense at being "nice." They're not and he's not. He's quite happy to throw anyone, particularly the poor and oppressed, under any bus.)

Our MPD chief actually does care and can be approached. Don't trust many of the underlings, however, because too many are yahoos who are ignorant, enamored of their badge and guns, and happy to abuse their power, especially if it gets them some perceived bennie. There are truly good and decent officers in the ranks, but it's an obstacle course to know which one is trustworthy. Under RD a toxic atmosphere was fostered over a decade and a half of horrible turf wars, as RD did not respect the force and did everything possible to sow seeds of mistrust and discontent. He was the #1 abuser of power and made sure it was known that he'd crucify (but eventually lose in court) any officer who stood up to the system.

Regardless of all that, there is literally not one decent MPS administrator anywhere in the system who can be trusted now, thanks to RD, CT, the SC (!), and even the BOA, all of whom are responsible to some extent for allowing the flagrant and repeated violations of law, regulations, and certainly human decency. Melrose is no longer a decent community that functions for the benefit of the greater good. The OCR findings illustrate this most clearly (look it up!). It is utterly corrupt and needs to be exposed as such. Until the residents wake up and realize this, demand a purge of the many bad apples, and a full forensic audit, there will be no reason to feel that things are even close to being on a path of lawful and decent conduct by those in charge.

Oh how I wish that would happen. You try and you try. It's very discouraging but you musn't give up. It isn't about winning or losing. It's about standing up for what you believe in. Trusting your gut instinct. Doing the right thing no matter what the system throws at you. Truth, lies, innuendos...they spin it so fast and it's so out there that it frightens people from standing up and what a shame that is. BE SOUND and all that that emplies.

Clean the SWAMP in Melrose it stinks bad. Super has stripped PWL of all her positions deliberately. She is suffocating in her office for all the children she has let down and their parents. The assistance super (PWL) is Aesopian.

AK
Clean the SWAMP in Melrose it stinks bad. Super has stripped PWL of all her positions deliberately. She is suffocating in her office for all the children she has let down and their parents. The assistance super (PWL) is Aesopian.
Yeah, well someone should have stripped Sin-D of her job long ago, as the OCR Findings document made crystal clear, was known by many (except the grotesque school committee) when she was still just the inferior candidate and before she'd soaked this community for close to $700,000 (not counting all the perks). That entire "search" was bogus, headed up by none other than the horrendous Driscoll, once again, appointed by her bestie Thorp, nach. PWL was a known incompetent back then, crony of Joe the bumbling fumbling and creepy idiot who brought us the geniuses like Dillon and a cast of elem principals that were idiotic and took the district for every penny before most left for greener pastures (except BC who so far has been rejected for other positions). PWL was responsible for many varieties of violations, including those found by state and federal authorities, causing taxpayers (hidden, of course, by RD and his nefarious team of incompetent attorneys) much more than the failed override. Meanwhile the parents who've kept these smelly incompetents in place have alternated being in awake comas and slathering nauseating piles of praise in support of these swamp creatures.

Hope PWL takes her nail treatments and baby talk to some other gullible place and finally leaves a glimmer of a possibility that someone might actually start advocating for our community's most vulnerable children instead of heaping more and endless grief onto them and their families. Maybe some of those gullible parents will finally catch on to the fact that CT is not their friend, either, nor are any currently on the SC. Maybe their recent outrage at Cyndy's constant referencing of their children as "Sped" will lead to more than a few ineffective online postings, and instead lead them to stand up en masse and reveal what a lot of us already know about the shameful treatment of those with special needs in the Melrose Public Schools.

Just want to point out when YES mentions the name Dillon they are referring to the old MHS principal and not me, and no relation either.

Up against a cast of really low level applicants, PWL loses again, and in a setting where she was being promoted (with inside connex) as the slam-dunk winner. Must've totally blown the interviews. Apparently her baby talk and nail treatments didn't impress them. (That's saying a lot given the kind of crappy administrators that district has employed, incl the recently fired super who was arrested for drunk driving!)

Too bad for Melrose!

from patch just now:

Melrose Asst. Superintendent Again Denied Superintendent Position
For the second time in a couple years, Patricia White-Lambright did not get a Merrimack Valley head position.
By Mike Carraggi, Patch National Staff | Feb 15, 2018 10:09 am ET | Updated Feb 15, 2018 10:10 am ET

MELROSE, MA — Patricia White-Lambright, the Assistant Superintendent of Pupil Personnel Services at Melrose Public Schools, did not get the job of Wilmington superintendent. The Wilmington School Committee unanimously voted to enter contract negotiations with former Superintendent of Acton-Boxborough Regional Glenn Brand Wednesday night.

White-Lambright also applied the superintendent's job in Tewksbury two years ago but did not get the job. She has been the Title VI coordinator for the Melrose Public Schools.

If you feel like reading more about the Wilmington superintendent job search, click here for a full recap.

Wilmington was without a permanent superintendent since October 2016, when Mary DeLai resigned after less than three years in the post. She was arrested for drunk driving in Danvers on Aug. 25, 2016. The police report indicates DeLai registered a .19 on a Breathylzer test, more than twice the legal limit of .08.

Crap.

Did anyone in their right mind ever believe she had the slightest chance?!? Come on now. All Wilmington had to do was Google her name and up pops the OCR guilty findings. The OCR report specifically cited PWL guilty of conducting a deliberate inept investigation into 'the plantation' incident. Melrose's reputation is so poor we are the city used as an example of how 'not to be'. Sadly it appears Melrose will remain this way until we rid ourselves of this infestation of ravenous vultures in our schools, the committee and city. That will likely happen the year the sealed records on JFKs assassination is released.

Dillon
Did anyone in their right mind ever believe she had the slightest chance?!?

No, not really, but one can always hope.

Is she doing her job ???

Start advocating for our community's most vulnerable children.

May be some day you will be a superintendent .Joe gave you this job .You have to work for it . Just like he did.

Joe Casey did that because Taymore and PWL dislike each other.