Melrose Cares: Open Community Dialogue

Click here to report offensive or inappropriate posts.

Schools & School Committee
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Breaking news. MPD release alleged child molester who then flees country

Exactly how long were officials going to wait before warning school students and parents about this disturbing incident on May 15th? http://melrose.wickedlocal.com/news/20180523/suspect-in-string-of-melrose-indecent-aampbs-of-underage-girls-flees-country-after-police-release

Another alarming incident in which city hall is apparently more concerned about the preserving the "02176 hottest zipcode" lie while the are complicit in ignoring the safety of our children. And the hits keep coming. Absolutely disgraceful.

Re: Breaking news. MPD release alleged child molester who then flees country

No the city, schools, teachers, paras, secretaries, union, MTA, MEA, city hall and the administration are so worried about the override they are demanding people vote YES.

It is what it is. This IS Melrose is it.

It was not on them it is how it all works.

This has nothing to do with Melrose. Simple to understand. Immigrant gets arrested. Liberal Judge grants release to family member on little or no bail, immigrant jumps on a plane out of town. Repeat.

That was my initial reaction as well, but according to the article, he was not arrested. Instead, because of concerns about his "mental acuity" (translation - fear of a lawsuit), he was issued a summons to appear. That's not at all the same thing as being arrested and bailed out.

In my day he would have been arrested, and most likely held without bail due to the possibility he would flee. At the very least, his passport would have been confiscated. He may have also been given a little "attitude adjustment therapy" while in custody. None of that was done in this case. Do I blame the cops? Not at all - society has made clear how they want cops to act. Something like this is an inevitable result.

I agree. It's too bad - if he had been confined, the other inmates would have dealt with him. Child molesters don't do real well in jail.

Not Sure
That was my initial reaction as well, but according to the article, he was not arrested. Instead, because of concerns about his "mental acuity" (translation - fear of a lawsuit), he was issued a summons to appear. That's not at all the same thing as being arrested and bailed out.

In my day he would have been arrested, and most likely held without bail due to the possibility he would flee. At the very least, his passport would have been confiscated. He may have also been given a little "attitude adjustment therapy" while in custody. None of that was done in this case. Do I blame the cops? Not at all - society has made clear how they want cops to act. Something like this is an inevitable result.
It's called "Catch and Release". Santuary Massachusetts! It's coming you liberals.

Not released by a liberal judge... this man was released by you police department because they didn’t want the publicity of a sex offender or even worse, a pedophile walking the streets of Melrose! Let’s pretend it didn’t happen... let’s release him to his sister and mail him a summons for SEVEN felony charges and hope nobody finds out. If we don’t arrest, it’s not public information. It was a complete fail on the part of the Melrose Police from the top down.

Our city officials are liberal fools! And our Police Chief is either an idiot or is playing along with our liberal leaders. If this was an American citizen does anyone really think that this person would have been released to their family for personal custody, with no bail - of course not! This man had multiple felonies against him for assault and battery against women in our community and our concerned Police Chief just let the guy be released to his family! Is this how our police protects the public and especially women in our community by releasing felons into our community?

The real reason why the police released this felon is because our Police Chief believes that illegal criminal aliens should be protected and allowed to roam free - how else can you explain his actions?

The Chief didn't even check with ICE to see if he had other warrants against him and did not inform ICE that he had custody of a felon! He told the press that the man seemed intoxicated, could not speak English, and the interpreter could not get him to understand his situation. Yet the guy turned out to be smarter than our Police Chief because he must have had a Passport to leave the country and was smart enough to know not to appear at his court hearing.

Also, don't expect our Police Chief to investigate his sister who had custody of him - that would imply that he was interested in justice and - god forbid should the sister be accused of helping an illegal criminal alien escape justice.

Our Police Chief should be asked to resign for not protecting the public and women in his community and allowing a illegal criminal alien escape justice!

Contrary to what you might believe, a police chief has very little to do with what goes on out on the street in real time. Usually he finds out after the fact. If you want to blame someone, blame whoever was the shift commander. They are almost always the ones who make those kinds of decisions.

First, Chief Lyle a pretty honest cop. He didn't feed into dougboy's political bullshi+.

Being liberal has nothing to do with it. God what has Smelrose turned into Trumptown and you're drinking the coolaide?

I don't know if mistakes were made or not. I don't like a pedophile roaming the streets nor do I know who is at fault.

Do I believe Smelrose realitors and former Dolan mummys, they are the walking dead, want this covered up just like they want an override? Hell ya. But let's not use every poor decision be blamed on liberals. We've got a big fat Repuplican Nazi running our country. Enough said.

Oh brother
First, Chief Lyle a pretty honest cop. He didn't feed into dougboy's political bullshi+.

Being liberal has nothing to do with it. God what has Smelrose turned into Trumptown and you're drinking the coolaide?

I don't know if mistakes were made or not. I don't like a pedophile roaming the streets nor do I know who is at fault.

Do I believe Smelrose realitors and former Dolan mummys, they are the walking dead, want this covered up just like they want an override? Hell ya. But let's not use every poor decision be blamed on liberals. We've got a big fat Repuplican Nazi running our country. Enough said.
NAZI! Keep saying it. If you say a lie over and over it then seems to be the truth.

And what better example of that than our own White House!

Willie
And what better example of that than our own White House!
Best President since Reagan! Love him!

First- Chief Lyle said he supported the decision of the shift supervisor - so the Chief believes in releasing felons into our community - you can't put a spin on that! Second, there was NO check to see if this guy had previous felonies - at least as far as the report noted. Third, why the hell would you not notify ICE to see if this guy had any outstanding warrants or detainers against him - as far as I know - Melrose is not yet a sanctuary city.

And finally, this guy assaulted women in our community - where is the outrage by women rights, civil rights groups, and groups against violence - I hear crickets from them, Oh, I think I know why - because they suspect this guy was an illegal alien - and we know they have more rights and passes than the average citizen of this country. Shame on them - hypocrisy at its worse!

‘Oh brother is right’, the fact that you might indeed be from Melrose scares me!

Lyle might be an honest guy but he was scared to death of the doughboy. Lyle took the place of Chief Morrissey who was also appointed by the doughboy. Morrissey's contract wasn't renewed by Dolan because he wouldn't buy into Dolan's bull$hit. Lyle did not want the same fate as Morrissey so he let Dolan do whatever he wanted with the PD. He was nothing more than a yes man and whipping boy for the doughboy