Schools & School Committee
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
School Administration

I hear about all these teachers leaving for this and that. I listen to complaints about salaries and increases. No offense but private sector we don't get what they get. Now we have a 6% increase in the override. Who gets something so large like 6%. That is insane. Has anybody seen what "bad" schools really look like. kids sitting on window sills or floors. No computers. When I was in school our parents had o buy our supplies every year. I have become so confused with the issues. I heard about some of the technology in the school and was blown away, it was amazing. Teaching is a noble profession just like law enforcement and so on but is it all about throwing money this way and that. As a country when our economy fails or something happens we look at the president and congress and ask questions or most simply blame. Why question is..has anyone looked long and hard at the upper management of the school. If the school has reached a point of decline should we not be asking the people that safeguard it why..We have and the answer from them is money money money? I also have spoke with official that have left the school and are much happier and they all had similar feeling about upper management including the superintendent. I know I am ranting a little and venting but thank you because it is our schools and I want what is best for my kids. I just think money is not the answer or if it is I think we need to ask questions and get proper information. Override or not we still need to ask questions.

Re: School Administration

CT blackmaled RD for years which is why she remains (received new contract plus big raise). SC and BOA were (still are) complicit. Shamed Dolan had to run out of town and left us with Illegitimate Gail. Actions (inaction) have consequences. Time to face the music Melrose when another Override will be defeated.

My family would only consider supporting an Override after a forensic audit. The City Solicitor and Auditor do not inspire confidence or trust. Dolan’s team need to answer for the mess they made. The games played by City Hall and Melrose politicians for so many years does not bode well for the passage of the Override again.

Question Time

My family would only consider supporting an Override after a forensic audit. The City Solicitor and Auditor do not inspire confidence or trust. Dolan’s team need to answer for the mess they made. The games played by City Hall and Melrose politicians for so many years does not bode well for the passage of the Override again.
Agree totally.

They can start by uncovering all that Hughes was involved in (RD's godfather, Chief of Staff, Cemetery Commissioner, and now Convicted Felon).

And who else was involved and was covered for. There is no way Dolan doesn't know. He should have been subpoened.