Melrose Cares: Open Community Dialogue

Click here to report offensive or inappropriate posts.

Schools & School Committee
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
PODS waste of tax payers dollars? Now more?

How much did the PODS cost and was that not a solution for 5-10 years while a plan was developed? Now no plan? Such a massive amount of money asked for my a mayor who was never elected by the citizens of the town? Now we spent all the money on the PODS and then if the override passes spend even more then what? We just keeping opening the door for money to be taken and mismanaged?

Re: PODS waste of tax payers dollars? Now more?

I could be wrong but I think we own them for 10 years

They have roughly a 10-year lifespan but the bond is for 15-20 years (can't remember which), so we'll be paying long after they are falling apart.

Those modulars were supposed to address the enrollment/overcrowding problem. Now they are admitting that they need to open the Beebe, which at the time they refused to consider ("would need a million at least to bring up to code"--even though the building has remained online as a viable school building all this time!). They just lie. Sound familiar? Time for a Truth Wave in Melrose! (Forget red or blue, there are so many hopeless nutjobs on both sides in this backwards community!)

So where is the outrage? How long are the taxpayers of Melrose going to keep letting these nitwits screw them over? And it isn't just the Beebe - there are two more school buildings, Franklin and Ripley, that could also be reopened. Yet we wind up with some $5,000,000.00 tin cans and a $5,000.000.00 learning common, and now they want a $5,000.000.00 override - $5,000,000.00 a year forever. Are you freaking kidding me?

Forensic Audit a Must
They have roughly a 10-year lifespan but the bond is for 15-20 years (can't remember which), so we'll be paying long after they are falling apart.
That is called being upside down on a loan.