Schools & School Committee
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Monica For the People

I am new to town and began getting involved with the town when the override came. I went and met the Mayor who to be honest had zero answers. people started saying vote yes it will make the schools better. Well of course I want that but I can't afford a huge override. I ask a few questions and lord I was shocked. i skipped meeting because of the unwelcoming yes people. I sent emails and such and found some people who were willing to fill me in. I continued to go. Monica asked the qeustions in my head and I took a deep breath saying thank you because i did not have to. Then she asked for information which I read in the newspaper so I eagerly waited for answers but none came. the rest of the alderman seems dto think this easy. I asked other alderman questions, nothing..The mayor..nothing.. Monica gave insight and promised to seek the truth. The truth which e wish every political cared about. Yet she was shunned, no one supported it and no one backed her..WHY? Disgusting that this town shied away from truth and information and denied it from the people.

Atlas the rest if the Alderman thought they all had to speak, despite saying the say thing along with the original yes voters lining the chairs. Doomsday we need money, next person..Doomsday if we don't have money we have bad teachers and then the next..Doomsday we need millions or our schools will fall off the map... Doomsday? Get your facts straight.. Your last override failed and the schools improved.. Unreal..

Re: Monica For the People

Shut up "hmmmmm"/aka Vuvu. The poor bloke just has silly autocorrect, and you, by the way, are no beacon of intelligent postings. Many excellent points were raised by "Monica fTP" that are echoed by many in the public. You just keep being the district apologist, and continue to prove to the rest of us how ignorant, disrespectful, and corrupt the Yes bunch is, yet again (only this time even more brazen in asking for more than twice the amount, in addition to pointing to long-term plan of even further overrides in the next few years).

Hmmmmm....
“Atlas” the rest?
Same trolls different day. You have insight lets hear it? For the kids, for the kids..getting disgusted at how this town uses kids to get money. How about a real elected Mayor. The person who runs our town not voted on by the people in the town and proposes a override double the amount when first stated.. HMMMMMMMM...Ignorance must be a bliss because you live up in the clouds.

Zeus
Hi there, did someone call me?
Zeus the god of thunder has come.. hopefully you spread the truth about the override.. or are you just another troll for the yes brigade with zero facts or information ?

The "yes" crowd's mantra' it's for the kids is absurd. Every dollar that The school committee and MPS administration wastes thousands of dollars per budget year on public relations firms, (about $1000 a month), on outside and now inside counsel battling parents whose children's IEPs and educational needs go unmet or children whose civil rights have been denied, legal costs defending public records law violations and open meeting law/free speech laws and on and on. They also spent untold thousands meeting the requirements of the Office of Civil Rights Resolution Agreement which, among other requirements, mandated a series of civil rights training sessions by outside consultants for all district staff. The OCR Resolution Agreement ends in December 2018 if OCR finds that the district has met all of the requirements laid out in the Resolution Agreement.

So I say to the "yes" crowd, follow Monica's prudent lead and lets examine the District's past and current spending like any prudent organization, city or voter would do first before throwing more money at a problem.