Melrose Cares: Open Community Dialogue

Click here to report offensive or inappropriate posts.

Schools & School Committee
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Override proponents issue threats

Folks, these are angry, sick people whom the proponents of this override have fueled with their fanatical misrepresentations and threatening rhetoric. Pay attention and stand strong against this!

One ugly sampling of what was posted yesterday on FB:

Ryan Medina Julie DeLillo if you think I’m angry now. Wait t see what I have to say if this override doesn’t pass. I’m holding you personally responsible for the lack of support that my daughter needs.

Ryan Medina Julie DeLillo I think your group is full of $hit and will lie to save a few bucks at the cost of the future of Melrose but I really don’t think you care. You don’t have to live with the day to day struggles my daughter experienced due to an underfunded school after you successfully shot down the last override. Like I said I hold you personally responsible.

Ryan Medina Julie DeLillo I also take the future of my child very seriously so if you don't want to take the brunt of my anger for a movement you so vehemently support then maybe you shouldn't be so publically vocal about it. If there was somewhere I could report you for being the worst Melrose offers, I would certainly report you there. Unfortunately, this group is all I have.

Re: Override proponents issue threats

Concerned Citizen
Folks, these are angry, sick people whom the proponents of this override have fueled with their fanatical misrepresentations and threatening rhetoric. Pay attention and stand strong against this!

One ugly sampling of what was posted yesterday on FB:

Ryan Medina Julie DeLillo if you think I’m angry now. Wait t see what I have to say if this override doesn’t pass. I’m holding you personally responsible for the lack of support that my daughter needs.

Ryan Medina Julie DeLillo I think your group is full of $hit and will lie to save a few bucks at the cost of the future of Melrose but I really don’t think you care. You don’t have to live with the day to day struggles my daughter experienced due to an underfunded school after you successfully shot down the last override. Like I said I hold you personally responsible.

Ryan Medina Julie DeLillo I also take the future of my child very seriously so if you don't want to take the brunt of my anger for a movement you so vehemently support then maybe you shouldn't be so publically vocal about it. If there was somewhere I could report you for being the worst Melrose offers, I would certainly report you there. Unfortunately, this group is all I have.
Is this what qualifies as “threats” nowadays? “Wait until you see what I have to SAY?” “Hold you personally responsible?”

This is softer than the “I can guide missles at your roof” bs.

Re: Override proponents issue threats

Well, it isn't a "I'm going to punch your face in" kind of threat. But perhaps it's more "bullying" more than anything. I mean, you wouldn't teach your kids that type of behavior would you? So why is it tolerated if your an adult?