Melrose Cares: Open Community Dialogue

Click here to report offensive or inappropriate posts.

Schools & School Committee
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Mayor Brodeur - Mental Meandering as well as Brash & Disrespectful

I am starting to wonder about our new Mayor. Have you seen his antics at school committee meetings lately? He seems to take a simple thought and contort it to the point of ambiguity! I never saw a Mayor who gets tangled up in his thought process while speaking - which means I seldom understand his stance on issues.

Also, I notice that he interrupts some public speakers at meetings - attempting to verbally shut them off....which is against the rules of committee. Can someone kindly tell him to maintain the proper decorum in these meetings?

Re: Mayor Brodeur - Mental Meandering as well as Brash & Disrespectful

Resident
I am starting to wonder about our new Mayor. Have you seen his antics at school committee meetings lately? He seems to take a simple thought and contort it to the point of ambiguity! I never saw a Mayor who gets tangled up in his thought process while speaking - which means I seldom understand his stance on issues.

Also, I notice that he interrupts some public speakers at meetings - attempting to verbally shut them off....which is against the rules of committee. Can someone kindly tell him to maintain the proper decorum in these meetings?
Is PAUL Brodeur for the people from self? Time will tell.May be he is not good at communicate information,fects,or news to someone in spoken or written words.Maybe he doesnt know the rule of the meeting.Roberts Rules of order at meeting.

Wow.

Roberts Rules
Resident

Is PAUL Brodeur for the people from self? Time will tell.May be he is not good at communicate information,fects,or news to someone in spoken or written words.Maybe he doesnt know the rule of the meeting.Roberts Rules of order at meeting.
Yeah, you understand the rules of committee debate. You can barely read...Harry Potter doesn’t count.

PB is Melrose's version of Biden, supposedly for "the people," but actually only for himself and his cronies, and well past his expiration date in terms of mental acuity or grasp of issues. He requires carefully crafted statements in order to sound appealing to his PC followers. When he has to talk on his feet, he's inarticulate, rambling, barely able to keep up with the conversation, sometimes downright silly, and often now absolutely rude (and in violation of rules/laws) in his interjections and obvious attempts to shut down dissenting views. He's weak and mean. Watch the videos of meetings if you don't believe it. He came in with his "cool guy in the Hat" fake persona, which worked well with the preponderance of superficial and self-interested types who voted him in. It doesn't work well when the guy is on the job, having to prove knowledge and facility with the issues, neither of which he has.

For someone who's a "true Melrosian," he has only involved himself in the superficial at every stage of his political life (can't speak to his personal one, nor would want to). He has already demonstrated very poor grasp of the actual issues. He has also already demonstrated contempt for those who do understand the issues. If he had been intelligent, he would have reached out to and begun working with his detractors (who actually do want what's best for Melrose), instead of trying to further marginalize and bully them (he might have learned something useful, too!). Instead of demonstrating maturity and graciousness, he reveals himself to be immature, small, weak and mean-spirited. We sincerely hope he figures out how poorly he has done in his "honeymoon" period and can find the grace (and political smarts) to turn this around to a better mode. So far, not so good.

It's clear that he intends to be a status quo only mayor. He doesn't even have the slimy/wily smarts of RD, let alone the clout (though it's RD's Machine that got PB elected). To hear him ramble and dissemble at public meetings of late, he is nearly as inarticulate and dumb-sounding as GI, and certainly he's proving himself to be a boor and bully. But who cares, because PB's handsy, blind-girl groping "mentor" and "dear friend" MF (BFF of Sal DiM) raises cute goats, and the Melrose D's are content with that.

Have you heard PB utter one word (let alone an articulate one) about the appalling situation at the Lincoln school, where children are actively being brutalized? Nada. Have you heard one single word about the Poop Volcano debacle that remains a disaster for the Brazil St. families and portends more of the same due to the continuing negligence and denial? Nada. How about that new school budget with its 38M pricetag (after the override!)? Still liking your water/sewer bill? Well surely PB is your guy. Too bad some of the shills have already ditched to be with their ol' pal, RD, in Lynnfield. But that's okay. City Hall is still overflowing with competence, after all. (How about that entire Unenrolled citizenry in Melrose who got left off of the voter list and then told to "come back later"--which is illegal!)

Not going to quote the entire passage but ugh is correct.

PB was not great as rep but you could forget about him in that position. The problem became the other mayoral candidates. No one would have worked sincerely with Monica and the rest of the dems were unfit to serve. He was the best of the rotten apples.

I don't know why anyone is surprised by this. Didn't you watch his useless performance as an alderman? This pretentious burb gets exactly the kind of elected officials it deserves.

You all should see the school committee meeting tonight March 10 2020 MELROSE Mass 02176.

More blathering and simpering nonsense from the whole lot of them at last night's school committee meeting, this time with a Wizard of Oz theme, ironically. Melrose continues to sink to new lows, even when it seems the bottom has been landed. They wash it all in a veneer of toxic saccharin, winding up the little children to perform for them all at the beginning of their meetings now, as if such displays were the proof of their virtue when instead it's really just more of their noir and crass Reality TV, minus the accompanying nachos. May as well watch The Bachelor. It's all intensely distasteful and discouraging during a time we really need our public officials to be advocating fiercely, especially for the children. No go with this awful bunch.

And if anyone thinks that any intelligent person should be placing their trust in Brodeur, Ruth Clay (Ms Poop Volcano herself), Ed O'Connell (ffs!), Margaret Driscoll, or Cyndy Taymore during a time of national crisis in this pandemic, .... Really, this is the best Melrose can offer????? What dark times we live in!