Melrose Cares: Open Community Dialogue

Click here to report offensive or inappropriate posts.

Schools & School Committee
Start a New Topic 
6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: More Staff Leaving the High School?????

When a competent reporter shows up in Melrose and starts reporting the truth about the corruption within city hall and school administration, they are swiftly moved out of town,apparently wrote one too many accurate articles about the myriad MPS scandals.

These people have no shame! How can Taymore and Driscoll look people in the eyes and say that they are for educational excellence when they lack a basic understanding of transparency and honesty towards the residents of Melrose.

Everyone acts like everything is great because property values are high. But what if they weren't? And we're just one collapse away from that again.

This superintendent needs to go.Truer words were never spoken and needs to be done ASAP !Superintendent has to go soon.What is wrong with the SC not to let her go?violations that have occurred in our district? Call for the resignation of Cyndy Taymore?

Improve
This superintendent needs to go.Truer words were never spoken and needs to be done ASAP !Superintendent has to go soon.What is wrong with the SC not to let her go?violations that have occurred in our district? Call for the resignation of Cyndy Taymore?

Are you living in la-la land? The school committee is the only group that can get rid of Taymore - and they certainly are not going to admit they made a mistake by firing her! You have to get rid of the current school committee members - and that won't happen because most people in this city don't know what's going on in the schools and don't care enough to vote them out! Taymore will leave when she is ready - don't waste your time complaining and hoping that something gets fixed - ain't going to happen until Taymore leaves and retires on her big fat pension! What a waste of money - but that is the government you all elected - know who to blame - just look in the mirror - staring right at you!

You are wrong.

Porch
You are wrong.

Wow! How convincing you are in showing how wrong I am - mind adding some facts so that we all can understand why you think I am wrong - it's the least you can do - thanks.

When you woke up this morning, if you're like me, you thought about your kids right off the bat. Where are they, are they safe, are they feeling loved, and what can I do to help them.
For my kids:
-They're at home.I shower them with love and kisses everyday
But what can I do to help them? As a parent, what can I do to ensure my child's success and safety in Melrose? What do they NEED from me?There's only one real answer.You all know who I mean.We all elected him in 2002. I'll admit, back then even I was still in the dark about his inner self. Just like all of you, I was dazzled by his newfound success in Melrose politics. I was under his spell.
Little did I know it was dark magic.
His charm.
His quick wit.These are his weapons. He preys on the weak, on the impressionable, and takes advantages of the innate human quality that is compassion. He had me fooled. He has all of you fooled.
It's time to wake up.Mayor Dolan is pretentious. He is arrogant. He has taken credit for the success of our great city. He has taken credit for what you all have done for our home. You made Melrose what it is. Do not let him trick you into thinking this was through his doing.Stop letting him fool you.It is up to us.

CT and PWL hire the principals and look what you have a mess at the schools. Parents are glad their children are with a babysitter for 6hours.

School spring is what everyone will be on soon. So many staff will be leaving soon. Everyone has to deal with 1st year teachers again. Clean the swamp and hire experience teachers if you can get them to come to Melrose.

Did Linda O tell you too the school are fantastic in Melrose? I cant believe I listen to her. Selling my house and I will give to a honest person.

Linda should look to the DESE stats. Melrose almost dead last in SAT scores in the Middlesex League. Sad. Thanks CT and Mayor Rob. Good PR paid for by the tax payers can't hide the ugly truth.

Good evening to all of you. I have a big question for Margaret Driscoll, melrose school committee, our mayor Dolan and all of you at home. For me it seems like they are not thinking about education anymore, they're thinking about adding people to the administration which is top heavy. I'm going to refer to these people who help out in the classroom to people who enjoy what they're doing and they care about the kids. They don't get paid a lot of money, and when I hear elected officials possibly talking about eliminating them, the big question becomes, what is their agenda? Yes folks, I'm asking that question, what is Margaret Driscoll's agenda. Is she trying to prepare herself to move up the ladder to be business manager, sooner then later? That's the way that I look at it. It's only a thought, and an opinion. But the bigger concern here is, is the education of every single child that attends the melrose public school system. Lets shine a little more light on this, it's not about the teachers being against the peers, or the peers against the teachers. This is really about education here. So I would say to every family in melrose, please make sure you call the mayors office and let him know how you feel about this. And make sure you call everybody on the school committee, I know from my own personal experience, paraprofessionals really do a good job. Some folks might not like what I'm saying, but it's time to make your opinions known to all, not just the school committee, board of alderman, our mayor,and our superintendent. Education is important and for those of who have forgotten about it, shame on you. What's more important, having another administration person or having paraprofessionals? I think that it is important that we use every avenue that we have available to educate every student and any student that has an IEP where the paraprofessional can come into play. It's sad when we have elected officials that don't really look at the big picture. Maybe because their children never had any difficulties in school. Please do not think that I am stepping over the line because I am sure as hell not. This is Melrose, sometimes you need to spell it out very clearly to all. So for those of you that think that you all have the answers, think again. What do I mean by that? Everyone of you should think of it as your own child being educated here. This is not about pointing fingers at one another. This is not about the teachers union. Sticking up for paraprofessionals, why change something if it has been working for all these years? The only thing that I can think of, is that melrose public school systems, under our current superintendent hasn't thought about or seeked the funds to teach a lot of these children in house instead of sending them to other places. Maybe because it seems to me that they just like to create more administration jobs. It's just an opinion. So let's all wake up. And ask the interesting question; what is important here in melrose for an education. Hiring more teachers or hiring more administration folks that do not deal with the children. Okay folks, I'm looking forward to hearing about your comments and thoughts.

Do not buy a house from Linda O she will sell you anything and tell you anything. She told me the schools were at there best.

The truth about Melrose schools. Wake up people do research on the schools turmoil.Just look at how much money has been spent in legal fees defending guilty school committee chairs, school administrators .

Melrose Messages speaks the truth! The administration would rather you tell them what is going on in the system. Then came Melrose Messages and you can write what you think the needs of the system are lacking. You do not have to say who you are or write your name. It is a great source to have to correct the city. The schools are so short staff and the kids are suffering when we pay so much in taxes. Then try and get up 40 thousand to send my kids to a private school not fair to the homeowners. If there is a problem deal with it and not hide the fact that your system is failing rapidly. The superintendent should be fading out soon her end is near. When she goes Margaret and PWL will be forced to leave. Like we keep hearing clean the swamp.

Police enforcement in Melrose CVS parking lot now it is like Chelsea with trees.

It is about time some Police enforcement in Melrose CVS parking lot.

Melrose Messages
Melrose Messages speaks the truth! The administration would rather you tell them what is going on in the system. Then came Melrose Messages and you can write what you think the needs of the system are lacking. You do not have to say who you are or write your name. It is a great source to have to correct the city. The schools are so short staff and the kids are suffering when we pay so much in taxes. Then try and get up 40 thousand to send my kids to a private school not fair to the homeowners. If there is a problem deal with it and not hide the fact that your system is failing rapidly. The superintendent should be fading out soon her end is near. When she goes Margaret and PWL will be forced to leave. Like we keep hearing clean the swamp.
All you have to do is talk with any mom or dad it is same.

Customer
Melrose Messages
All you have to do is talk with any mom or dad it is same.
Perfectly legitimate questions

After MR arranged with CT for permission to utilize the school's email server to announce an end of the year meeting to discuss para union matters, an email was sent out to all members from MR. Within this email contained a list of union topics to be discussed. At this meeting only 13 out of approximately 85 para employees attended. The para that was instrumental in assisting administration fire a teacher and a para was there. Also in attendance was a rep who assisted only a certain member before their principal with a complaint against another member and failed to notify the other member or seek representation for that second member. MR, has confirmed in writing she received permission to use the MPS's email server from CT to write and distibute that email which contained sensitive union matters and orchestrated this charade. There were also members who just were attending a gathering and to my knowledge were not participants in this game. According to the Massachusetts Guide to the Public Employees Bargaining Law, Chapter 150E, Section 10. (a) "It shall be a prohibited practice for a public employer or it's designated representative to:
(2) Dominate, interfere, or assist in the formation, existence, or administration of any employee organization." Does anyone else concur that the meeting of the superintendent and a behind the scenes union member to violate this chapter is construed as a violation of the law and COLLUSION.

What a joke
After MR arranged with CT for permission to utilize the school's email server to announce an end of the year meeting to discuss para union matters, an email was sent out to all members from MR. Within this email contained a list of union topics to be discussed. At this meeting only 13 out of approximately 85 para employees attended. The para that was instrumental in assisting administration fire a teacher and a para was there. Also in attendance was a rep who assisted only a certain member before their principal with a complaint against another member and failed to notify the other member or seek representation for that second member. MR, has confirmed in writing she received permission to use the MPS's email server from CT to write and distibute that email which contained sensitive union matters and orchestrated this charade. There were also members who just were attending a gathering and to my knowledge were not participants in this game. According to the Massachusetts Guide to the Public Employees Bargaining Law, Chapter 150E, Section 10. (a) "It shall be a prohibited practice for a public employer or it's designated representative to:
(2) Dominate, interfere, or assist in the formation, existence, or administration of any employee organization." Does anyone else concur that the meeting of the superintendent and a behind the scenes union member to violate this chapter is construed as a violation of the law and COLLUSION.
We can all joke about it - but the topic is serious and the implications to our students - critical and immense!

Re: More Staff Leaving the High School????? It is time real change.

Lets all get along with each other for a real change.

Re: More Staff Leaving the High School????? It is time real change.

The policy
Lets all get along with each other for a real change.

To many rodents to get along in this city and SC is ending their session soon.

Taxpayer,........,
The truth about Melrose schools. Wake up people do research on the schools turmoil.Just look at how much money has been spent in legal fees defending guilty school committee chairs, school administrators .

Defending the teacher NB is what CT did and the money had to be paid to the student. Now the superintendent is having her and the administrators have employees not use the union. She then learned what happened in this situation with NB.

teacher and president of the union
Taxpayer,........,

Defending the teacher NB is what CT did and the money had to be paid to the student. Now the superintendent is having her and the administrators have employees not use the union. She then learned what happened in this situation with NB.
There are so many levels of corruption here, racism, collusion, retaliation... Melrose does not smell like a rose.

Guilty
Taxpayer,........,

There are so many levels of corruption here, racism, collusion, retaliation... Melrose does not smell like a rose.
The lesson is things aren’t always going to go as expected.

Locomotive
Guilty
Taxpayer,........,

Thinking before you speak or do something. It's about knowing that every day, the choices we make can and will affect our lives. It's about being accountable for our choices in life. We have the right to make our decisions every day, and every day is a new day. But will the school committee make good decisions?

The community needs to get involved with JVS. CT this is for a diversity in Melrose look into it.

This is Mr. Merrill's first year and he did a remarkable job. Hopefully the administration won't corrupt him too.

JVS
The community needs to get involved with JVS. CT this is for a diversity in Melrose look into it.
Tomorrow is the SC meeting. Just checked the web site and there is no packet or agenda. How many times does the SC have to violate the law, get caught and be able to get away with it? Margaret Driscoll you SU℃K!!! Get that good for nothing bit©h out!

Outraged
JVS
Tomorrow is the SC meeting. Just checked the web site and there is no packet or agenda. How many times does the SC have to violate the law, get caught and be able to get away with it? Margaret Driscoll you SU℃K!!! Get that good for nothing bit©h out!
Not for long.

More violations at the school. This is the principal that is asking some of teachers with brown noses to ask if families goes on Melrose Messages .

Not the new principal at the high school are you sure? If so than management got to him so fast. Melrose Messages is 99.9 percent true and why would anyone care if not true.

MHS
Not the new principal at the high school are you sure? If so than management got to him so fast. Melrose Messages is 99.9 percent true and why would anyone care if not true.
The real question.Whats going on at the schools?It is all true.

MHS
We can all joke about it - but the topic is serious and the implications to our students .

I agree that more staff will be going to other cities.

agree
I agree that more staff will be going to other cities.
Department of Special ED in Melrose is a disgrace it falls on PWL in the business world she would have been fired.I have dealt with this piece of garbage. I hired a advocate 6 years ago my child 's ed plan was not met and was bullied by special Ed teacher. Melrose paid for private school. You want to change this School System do something stop writing on this board. Follow Boston Latins example parents picket. They got their Superentant to step down.

Follow Boston Latins example parents picket. They got their Superentant to step down.The community needs to get involved.How many times does the SC have to violate the law, get caught and be able to get away with it?

Follow Boston Latins example parents picket.
Follow Boston Latins example parents picket. They got their Superentant to step down.The community needs to get involved.How many times does the SC have to violate the law, get caught and be able to get away with it?
Think about it the community with Parents Picket at any time. May be any one in the community/ yes.

This superintendent needs to go.It is time fire her.

AP scores are not good at MHS again.

The Big Show
Think about it the community with Parents Picket at any time. May be any one in the community/ yes.

Sounds good but you would have to pull your children out of the schools. The teachers and administration would make their life pure hell. Then you would have to sell your house and move.

You make your own choice on what you write or just read. The MPS is corrupt because its all white and democrats no diversity. Check out the sight JVS you will enjoy the new way of life.

The Big Show

Pick a date and have signs made about our children and how we are asking the SC to listen, notice and hear us. Our children come first and you are making them a caboose.

sounds great
The Big Show

Sounds good but you would have to pull your children out of the schools. The teachers and administration would make their life pure hell. Then you would have to sell your house and move.

How do you know about AP scores? The exams are being graded as we speak.

More violations at the school. This is the principal that is asking some of the
teachers with brown noses to ask if families goes on Melrose Messages.

Mr. Merrill the high school?

If this is true we are in trouble.

6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15