Melrose Cares: Open Community Dialogue

Click here to report offensive or inappropriate posts.

Schools & School Committee
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Kids are to be back in school in 100 days what happened?

Even as cases continue to decline and more Americans receive their vaccines, the coronavirus isn’t likely to go away anytime soon, health officials say.

True partnership is all of us helping each other at this time.It is not easy being home everyday.Many people been followed from the jobs or layoffs. No one wins when you have no jobs are lost. This is about time it something that none of us been through .Yes employment checks don:t cut it.Life changes Go from working everday to no work.Not easy on anybody.Check on your neighbors.Call or text your neighbors.Especially elderly neighbors to make sure they"re doing will. make sure to stay socially connected.

Of course not; they will keep this going for a looooong time. How effective will these "vaccines" be on the new strains of this FLU? Bunch of SHEEP!! I thought this would be done with the Racist with dementia at the helm.

I agree with this post and suggest that you leave your children in the private schools. The curriculum is changing in the public schools. If the public schools would hire non union teachers you will see who the real teachers are. You think the city will not take out the taxes we pay for the schools?

Mother of 5
I agree with this post and suggest that you leave your children in the private schools. The curriculum is changing in the public schools. If the public schools would hire non union teachers you will see who the real teachers are. You think the city will not take out the taxes we pay for the schools?
Hi mom of 5
Wake up if you think that going to private schools is going to change your taxes?
And you not paying your part to the public schools you may have drunk that koolaid when they sold you your place of residence.
As for non union teachers! They don’t get payed enough to teach ! Unlike here were they get paid enough to be told on how not to teach the way the administration thinks is right. You can thank the school committee for that along with former and current administration theories on what’s right and wrong 😑
So with that being said if. You can get your kids into private or charter schools then start looking! Because it’s not getting any better.

I support the parents who homeschool now, the private school parents and the charter school parents because these families have said enough is enough. I hope the MPS is providing the state with accurate records of who isn't attending because each child out of the system means a loss of money from the state and there is an incentive to cook the books.

This hasn't been the Teachers Unions' proudest moment. It will be "about the children" again when they want a raise though.
Perhaps that $100k we're going to spend on diversity enforcement could be better spent on real education, not re-education.

Accounting done right
I support the parents who homeschool now, the private school parents and the charter school parents because these families have said enough is enough. I hope the MPS is providing the state with accurate records of who isn't attending because each child out of the system means a loss of money from the state and there is an incentive to cook the books.
I wouldn't trust this group of School Committee people (nor the education leaders of our district)! They are all self-serving volunteers...especially if Margaret Driscoll remains on the committee.