Melrose Cares: Open Community Dialogue

Click here to report offensive or inappropriate posts.

Schools & School Committee
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Kids are to be back in school in 100 days what happened?

I support the parents who homeschool now, the private school parents and the charter school parents because these families have said enough is enough. I hope the MPS is providing the state with accurate records of who isn't attending because each child out of the system means a loss of money from the state and there is an incentive to cook the books.

This hasn't been the Teachers Unions' proudest moment. It will be "about the children" again when they want a raise though.
Perhaps that $100k we're going to spend on diversity enforcement could be better spent on real education, not re-education.

Accounting done right
I support the parents who homeschool now, the private school parents and the charter school parents because these families have said enough is enough. I hope the MPS is providing the state with accurate records of who isn't attending because each child out of the system means a loss of money from the state and there is an incentive to cook the books.
I wouldn't trust this group of School Committee people (nor the education leaders of our district)! They are all self-serving volunteers...especially if Margaret Driscoll remains on the committee.