Melrose Cares: Open Community Dialogue

Click here to report offensive or inappropriate posts.

Schools & School Committee
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Melrose gets rid of the Red Raider

For something specifically Melrosian, it should be the Canners, in honor of Friends Baked Beans, which were made in Melrose before a factory on Eastern Ave in Malden became the center of production.

Another local reference would be the Vulcans, for the vulcanized rubber that became the basis for the rubber shoe (aka sneaker) factories in Melrose and Malden.

I propose the “Railers.” This is similar to the Raiders but is in reference to Melrose having 3 commuter rail station, and highlights the importance rail had to the development of the city.

I like that Tom, I feel like I got railed every time i get my water bill.

Albie Fletcher
I like that Tom, I feel like I got railed every time i get my water bill.
Hi AlBieg
Yes you are getting railroaded on your water bill!
The problem started with the previous administration they created a water and sewer enterprise fund
To raise the rates and provide give me jobs to those who drink the cool aid .
Also when you question the bill it’s the same answer to every one You must have a leak!
The funny thing is I have a neighbor with a new house and they told her that too! $600.00 for 2 people.
They have Kentucky Brown grass so with that said maybe it’s we all have a faulty meter ?

Way to hijack the thread…pretty lame man.

COME ON MAN!!! Don't be a Lame Duck.

What a joke. Bow to public pressure.

Back Alley
What a joke. Bow to public pressure.
You are not worried about the Red Raiders again! Listen to some real news and see there is no kindness!