Melrose Cares: Open Community Dialogue

Click here to report offensive or inappropriate posts.

Melrose Seniors Friendly Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
High School Band Podium taken, please return

During the last week, someone took the folding metal podium that is needed for Marching Band performances and competitions from the loading dock area behind the High School. If you took it please return it, if you saw someone taking it please call the Police Department or the high school. The Melrose Red Raiders Marching Band will provide a $100 dollar reward for its safe return no questions asked. The band has its final NESBA competition coming up next weekend and no podium for the band major to conduct from. This a substantial financial loss to the Melrose High School Marching band. Please return it.

Re: High School Band Podium taken, please return

Mark Rubbins
During the last week, someone took the folding metal podium that is needed for Marching Band performances and competitions from the loading dock area behind the High School. If you took it please return it, if you saw someone taking it please call the Police Department or the high school. The Melrose Red Raiders Marching Band will provide a $100 dollar reward for its safe return no questions asked. The band has its final NESBA competition coming up next weekend and no podium for the band major to conduct from. This a substantial financial loss to the Melrose High School Marching band. Please return it.

Hey Mark,

I, and the folks on this board wish you the best of luck in finding your missing equiptment. But please keep in mind that the "Melrose Seniors" section of this message board relates to Melrose people who are getting old, like Smudge, Geezer, Patty and myself, not Melrose High School Seniors who are just hitting the prime of their lives.

You might want to re-post this message in the "Schools & School Committee" or the "General Interest" section of this message board.

Good Luck,
Old Guy

I think that the only reason he posted it on this site, is because he knew that any reply to his post would be civil. Here the only axes we have to grind, are the ones we use to split wood or use on the Thanksgiving turkey.

LOL! Nice one RATT. It took a second for the axe/turkey connection to click in, but I got it.

Mark Rubbins

I don't suppose there are any cameras on or around the High School loading dock area, are there?

Old Guy

I, and the folks on this board wish you the best of luck in finding your missing equiptment. But please keep in mind that the "Melrose Seniors" section of this message board relates to Melrose people who are getting old, like Smudge, Geezer, Patty and myself, not Melrose High School Seniors who are just hitting the prime of their lives.

You might want to re-post this message in the "Schools & School Committee" or the "General Interest" section of this message board.

Good Luck,
Old Guy
Perhaps the original poster recognized there are many adult delinquents on this board with too much idle time. The Good Lord knows they do devil's work. These adult delinquents scouring the city for scrap metal to sell to support their expensive habits - hormone replacement drugs, adult diapers, reading glasses, canes, and other such contraband - surely are guilty of such illegal behavior.

Could be he posted here because he thought "Melrose Seniors" refers to students of the Melrose Senior class at the high school. Seniors of a different age.

Try this one on - a band kid forgot it on the loading dock and some school committee person ordered it sold immediately to pay for raises. They know the band parents will chip in money to replace it, as they've always done since my kid was there. Sorry - should post that on schools.

Uhoh, I just noticed that I have the (maybe I took it in one of my "senior moments") folding metal.........., no wait, that's my folding metal walker. Nevermind!

I hate it when that happens.