Melrose Seniors Friendly Forum
Start a New Topic 
1 2
Author
Comment
Here's a thought...

Here's a thought. Perhaps some of our older posters on this board should get together and start using this "Melrose Seniors" wasted space as there own.

I'm sure none of the former owners could care less... after abandoning it and all.

Re: Here's a thought...

Huh?

Are you saying Old Fellow that we've given up on this site? No not to my knowledge. It's just the end of the summer and a lot is happening to pay attention to on the dark side.

Rest assured. We'll be back.

I have every intention of returning to this site once I settle some family issues, probably by October.

I am still here. Just kind of busy helping out on a farm and out of town weddings.

Must be hard for some people to believe that we "old fahts" sometimes get busy too! [:)]

Yup extremely busy, but still here...

Welcome back Remembering.

Present.

Yep. Sometimes when us older folks have noting to say we just don't say anything.

Fossil
Present.

And a "welcome back" to you too Fossil.

Looks like we have accounted for most if not all our Seniors and even have some new folks.

So.... How do you new Seniors feel about dog owners and cleaning up?

Yug Dlo.........wy not just give everyone a stick and have them start beating on me? [:))]

I just want to say to Geezer that I, for one, am 100 percent in support of him.

The only problem that I have with some dog owners is that there are a few that bag the dog waste and then leave it for someone else to dispose of. The city DPW doesn't have a worker going around looking for little baggies to pick up, although if it paid well I would consider doing it.

I admit that that is ridiculous. It's no harder to takeitwitcha than to pick it up/bag it originally! I just pick those up, add it to mine, and dispose of it when I get home.

If there were "little bag' deposit stations, participation would increase 10 fold. Some places have them some don't and who wants to walk around with poop in the pockets?

Now there's a novel idea. I never considered carrying it around in my pocket!

My kitty died 3 weeks ago. She was 19 years old and I'm still trying to get over her death. She was an outdoor cat and a real tough cookie. She was getting sick and wouldn't come in to eat or use the cat box. And one day she didn't come home.

I guess that's what outdoor cats do. She always came home. I searched everywhere in all her favorite haunts and asked all my neighbors. I hope she just laid down somewhere safe and went to sleep....

Patty; that is exactly what our first cat did. She was an out door cat about 14 years old. I have heard that when they know the end is near they will go off someplace and that is it. Of course for years after our family would swear that they saw her.

That's so strange! I sometimes wake up in the middle of the night and swear she is cuddled up next to me. I even hear her running up the stairs when I'm home alone. Thank you for mentioning that RATT. I honestly believe our beloved pets have a soul. Maybe it's their way of making us feel better.

Patty, I am so sorry to learn that.
I know that "non pet people" often think we're foolish (and that's their right, of course) but I try not to even think about that day coming. "Our plan" is to go on the same day!

Sorry for your loss Patty.

Remember... there may be another cutie sitting in a shelter just waiting for someone like you to do for them what you have done before.

Please don't let them down.

http://pawswakefield.rescuegroups.org/

Go for it!!

It hurts so bad you don't want to go through it ever again.

But, sometimes you just should.

Old Guy
It hurts so bad you don't want to go through it ever again.

But, sometimes you just should.

So true. When my cat disappeared I didn't even know when to stop hoping that she would be back. I seriously never wanted another one. Then one day, my father came over to visit and he had the tiniest little black and white fluffball in his pocket. He knew I didn't want another cat, but there it was. Once I got over being annoyed at him (approximately 2 minutes), I fell hopelessly in love with that adorable kitten. It didn't take all the pain away, but took my focus off of it. You can't help but smile at the sight of an energetic joy-filled little kitten.

I'm a firm believer in planning ahead and I have said this in the past on this board. It is often less painful when you recognize the signs of an aging pet and go out and bring home a little friend, while your pet is still active, but aging.

This accomplishes several things. The little fellow is bound to become the older pet's best friend. The friendship of the two will lengthen the life span of your older pet. And, most importantly, when the sad event actually happens, you and the younger pet will go through the morning process together. The focus will not be on a single event. Both you and the surviving pet will need each other and that will soften the pain we all feel.

I hate talking to myself.

Well, Old Guy, I hate that to. It sucks being ignored.

You got that right Old Guy.

And here's something to ponder Old Guy...

Is it possible for anyone posting on the Dark Side, to do so in three sentences or less?

Apparently 'volume' of words is supposed to translate to implied expertise!

Not to change the subject (fascinates me when people, including me, say that, because of course that is exactly what they are going to do), but how is it possible to "Take one pill, twice daily"? Once you've taken it, how can you take it again a second time?????

Which system is asking you to take the pills?
Melrose School Admin or Charter School?
Or Vote Yes but not No?

The main reason that I have been silent is because of the decoder at the bottom. I type in what is displayed and then get denied. If this msg gets through then hopefully I will be back. [:-|]

I have had that same problem RATT, and often give up.

To answer your question(s) OG; I wouldn't say yes, but I couldn't say no. Would I say maybe? I might!

Oh thank goodness! I thought I was going Stupid.

That dam what-cha-ma-call-it has been driving me crazy. There must be a way to fix it. If only we knew someone in "Authority".

Hmmm...

Patty; HELP

I have used all kinds of comsec gear in the military, but that dam thing is driving me crazy. You can go days without a problem, then I have a string of tries where I go nowhere.

I'm emailing management now!

I'll bet they will find a large reduction in posts since starting the new process.

Or a large increase in failed sign on's... if they keep track of those.

Okay my friends! It's gone! RATT you can post to your heart's content.

I also want to thank all of you for your support and empathy at the passing of my old kitty. I think I'm going to get a shelter kitty this weekend. My daughter has been taking care a stray in Pittsburgh and she wants me to come and get him. The college kids who rented the apartment before her just moved and left him there. How can people do that???????

Thanks Patty; Also good luck with the kitten.

Yay!

Yipeee! Sometimes it's amazing how much power our little group welds.

Thanks Patty.

p.s.
I vote for the shelter cat this weekend option. That way, two cats are saved.

Yes, thank you Patty, that was very aggravating, and glad to see it gone!

We had a Russian Blue once, and she was my daughters' cat, pure and simple. She didn't like me at all, so we kind of just stayed away from each other. When the end time came from an awful tumor in her throat, inexplicably it was me she came to. I swear she was asking me to do something to ease her suffering, and came to me because she knew my daughters would balk at the prospect. I took her to the vet who just said "It's time." She just looked up at me and to this day I'm convinced I heard "Thank you." I barely made it out into the parking lot before the waterworks started.

Some weeks later, they came home from Wakefield PAWS with, believe it or not, a little Russian Blue kitten, who's still around at 11, and still healthy. I'm not her favorite either, but every once in a while, when I'm on Grampy duty and no one else is around, she'll come over and sit next to me, and give me that same look I got from the other one at the vet. It's absolutely spooky. They know.

They know a hell of a lot more than most people give them credit for!

Now that was a really nice send off the Red Sox fans gave to Jeter with his last "at bat".

Class all around.

I agree OG, very nice to see!

Did any of you folks get the thank you note from the Dark Side for solving the security code posting problem?

Not yet, but I'll be on the lookout for a bag of flaming dog poop on my doorstep!

Oh. You must mean those folks who are over sensitive about who does and who does not pick up after little Fido?

Well, like the famous tree... If nobody is around to see it, it didn't happen.

I try to stay away from the dark side. They can be very vicious on those sites. It is a lot safer here, as on this site we are not trying to solve world problems just our own. Which at times can be earth shattering to us. [:)]

"If a man speaks in the forest, and there is no woman there to hear.......is he still wrong?"

1 2