Melrose Seniors Friendly Forum
Start a New Topic 
1 2
Author
Comment
Click Reduction #8

Bombs away!

Re: Click Reduction #8

I too, hate it when that happens, but I like it how our elite membership handles the rollover responsibility.

So where were we..

Oh, I remember. Geezer was going to give us an intellectual lecture on ED

There yah go Geezer, The floor is yours.... no thanks necessary.

Re: So where were we..

Ummmmm.....I don't know if I have it [:-|]

And now for something completely different.......I'd be interested to know if 'age' has anything to do with the answer to this very important, age-old question:
Toilet paper, from over the top, or underneath??

Oh, this is an easy one. Over the top eliminates the need to fish around, trying to find the beginning. This in turn saves time over and over again.

And of course all seats should remain in the up position, but that's a whole "another story".

And, has anyone else out there heard about the plan to eliminate the actual toilet paper tube all together? Seriously. I heard this about a week or so ago. Its sure gonna suck being the last one sitting there.

Yes, I saw that story also. The tube will shortly become a thing of the past!

I wish they would do impact studies before implementing these things changes willie nillie.

I mean.... how are all the Grade School children going to complete their school science projects if there are no toilet paper tubes to make bridges and towers and river beds?

This is what happens when I only drop on here once in awhile. The last that I knew, we were looking for ED. Did we find him or not? Heck I don't even know what he looks like.

I could be wrong but, I thought Fossil was trying to track ED down.

And I think he left over 4 hours ago.

Uhoh........4 hrs ??

More than 4 hours, but I called the doctor like it said to do in the commercial.

And the long and the short of it is?

RATT
And the long and the short of it is?

Hehehe.... Now that was a nice one, RATT. Hehe. long and short...

The doctor was sympathetic, but said there was nothing he could do. He just shrugged and said "There's worse ways to go."

We should probably think about hiding the women while this is going on.

Old Guy
We should probably think about hiding the women while this is going on.

No need to hide us. We're just doing what we always do when you boys start to dust off your old toys or tools....ignoring you.[o:)]

Toy, Tool?

Don't forget the "old" part. She said "old toys and tools".

Professor....just because a toy or a tool gets "old" doesn't mean you can't play with....well....you get the picture. Some of the best tools I have...had...I mean used....no no no no....work just fine!

Tool's fine, problem is that the operator can't find the instruction manual.

In my experience the two things men don't do is read the instructions and ask for directions. I'm sure you're fine RATT LOL

But, we all need to remember that the user manuals are just the manufacturers recommended instructions which may or may not meet your needs

Yeah, plus I don't speak Korean.

IT'S OFFICIAL

That's right folks.

The morning news has reported that the satelite that recently landed on the comet will not be coming back because, and I quote "it landed on The Dark Side".

Re: IT'S OFFICIAL

I have been saying right along to stay off of the dark side. When you venture up there, you don't know what kind of fire and brimstone you are going t bring down on yourself. O! wait; you're talking about outer space, not this website. Never mind.

You mean they're not the same thing?

Ya I know what you mean. Some of those posts are out there.

Who's crazier, Manson, or the girl who wants to marry him?

The prison warden who failed to have him secretly spayed.

And didn't Ted Bundy hook up with his new bride while in Florida waiting to be fried? This is a really good question Geezer.

What the heck is attracting these um, women? I don't think serial killers get to keep money offered for movie deals, etc.... but do the new brides get a little something? I think we need to get a good lawyer and have her explain all the rules in the area.

She looks a lot like Susan Atkins - same vacant nobody home stare. Scary, actually. Charley found another one.

The other scary thing, well, I guess not so much scary as much as it ****** me off, is that this waste of human organs is 80 years old, when some of my family and friends don't make it to 70. I know it's not a sensible/reasonable 'comparison', but it still ****** me off!

Resuming Normal Operations

OK now... where were we? Oh ya. Wasn't it Geezer's struggle with ED....

No wait!!! It was the disgusting grin on Charlie's sick face. Yup, that was it.

Carry on.

Turkey Day Poll

Feel free to add clever retorts as you wish...

Turkey Day Poll

Are you having Thanksgiving at home?
Are you having Thanksgiving elsewhere?
Does your sister cook the turkey?
If yes above, does she know what she is doing?
Have you every done the "deep fry turkey" thing?
If yes above, have you every set your driveway on fire?

Re: Turkey Day Poll

No, Yes*, Not applicable, See previous, Not yet, But yes

*but would be just as happy at home with a Swanson's turkey dinner as opposed to driving through Boston to the south shore on Thanksgiving!

Yes, no, yes (in SC), no (emphatically), no, no.

Are you having Thanksgiving at home? NO

Are you having Thanksgiving elsewhere? YES

Does your sister cook the turkey? YES

If yes above, does she know what she is doing? ABSOLUTELY NOT

Have you every done the "deep fry turkey" thing? NO, BUT WATCHED ONCE

If yes above, have you ever set your driveway on fire? YUP, FUN TO WATCH

YNNYNN

Yes, No, Son-in-law, Yes he knows how to cook, No; but liked the one where they drop the turkey into the pot, using a rope and pulley.

I think the real problem is there's a lack of understanding of the concept of space (or mass?) that is displaced by a turkey being submerged into flaming oil.

But RATT is right. It's fun to watch.

gobble gobble

Alright people, get those decorations up and lit for heaven's sake. Tomorrow is December 1st, you're WAY behind schedule! The pup and I don't want to drive around looking at piles of leaves, we want decorations!

Pup.

The Pup and I....? Am I reading too much in?

How could you? OF COURSE I do all the driving, jeesch! She just likes to look at the lights!

Oh my. Sorry Geezer. What a dumb question.

Now tell me.... When you get in the car, does she direct you to the Saugus section of the Lynn Fells Parkway first?

She oft times directs me to that area first, though sometimes likes to explore areas of Melrose also (have to make a swing through the Highlands once in a while!).
For a time she would opt for the "Zoolights" first, until she finally believed me that the Zoo (as incongruous as it sounds) is not pet friendly [:-)].

I've heard in the past that dogs only see in black and white, which is ridiculous. If that were the case, you have to ask.... why are there red dogs, brown dogs, gray dogs, one colored, two colored, three colored dogs if none of them can see the colors?

The latest "wisdom" is that dogs see the world in yellow, blue, ang grey.

and

Well, I for one would like to have a word with the dog that said that!

Or was it just another human trying to impress folks with his depth of knowledge.

Cesar Millan "The Dog Whisperer" (and my Vet, well, her Vet, mentioned it also).

1 2