Melrose Seniors Friendly Forum
Start a New Topic 
1 2
Author
Comment
Click Reduction #9

Continued...

Geezer
Yaknow, if we could figure out here how to put solar panel technology into something that actually looks like roof shingles, we'd make a lotta money!

Re: Click Reduction #9

Old Guy
Ever notice that the only ones who do not have to look at the panels, are the ones who own them?

Thanks for the new click reduction!
I looked into the panels a while ago, but the payback period was a little longer than I expect to be around [:D]. It is too bad that they are currently so aesthetically unpleasing, but I'm sure someone 'out there' is working to change that.

I think I might have the solution to your panel problem.

I just want to say one word to you.
Are you listening?

"Plastics".

Brilliant Homes, we'll, I mean you'll, be rich!
(When do I get Mrs. Robinson?)

You want my help on the project AND Mrs R?

Well, as someone once said....

"Nuts!"

Geezer
Brilliant Homes, we'll, I mean you'll, be rich!
(When do I get Mrs. Robinson?)

OK now... so where did we leave off?

Oh, I remember... Unattractive roof rakes and shoveling snow. Frankly, I'm opposed to having them. It's very hard to catch leaves when it's windy and the roof is slippery.

Wishing all the "Melrose (and anywhere) Seniors" and why not, everyone on Melrose Messages, a very Merry Christmas and only good things in the coming year!

Happy Christmas everyone.

Enjoy! And may you all have a wicked pis-sa day with pets (or pet), friends and relatives!.

Old Guy.

p.s.
I should add that it has been great fun confabulating throughout last year and I look forward to more in 2015.

Merry Christmas gang.

I have been kind of busy and haven't logged-in in a while. Speaking of busy; I just finished putting my granddaughter's Barbie's Dream house together. Next year if Santa brings anything like that again for her, I will never speak to that individual again.

..................and to all, a good night!!!!!

Note to self... Take "setting up telescope" off the "fun to put together" list.

Nah... who am I kidding... It's still fun and he knows I like working with him.

Cornerstone Question

Why is it taking so long to reveal the contents of the little Paul Revere box?

Re: Cornerstone Question

It probably reveals that it's 'Paula Revere', and they don't want to admit it/change history!

Is Geraldo involved in any way?

Other than he may have been married to Paula Revere, I don't think so, and he couldn't get a special based on it.

This was actually for Jan 2, but couldn't post.

Happy New Year................ here's your tax bill !

testing.... testing....

I wish they would put the Boston Bomber trial on TV.

I agree. Do they have to use the word "alleged" in the courtroom?

You rarely hear it in court. This case is into the "You did it." "No I didn't." phase now.

I feel for the jurors - a 4 month trial? I've never been on a jury - every time I've been called I've either been completely ignored or disqualified for some reason or other.

I wish it was televised too.

I got onto one jury. Sat through the whole thing and then got selected to be an "alternate". Yup, spent the next three days sitting in the hall on a hard plastic chair, while the others had all the fun deliberated away.

Old Guy
Why is it taking so long to reveal the contents of the little Paul Revere box?

Well, here’s the list of treasures found in the cornerstone box. Funny, I didn’t know a building could get an erection?

BOSTON GLOBE
Using a porcupine’s quill, several small pieces of paper, a strip of polyester film, and a small metal pick that resembled a dental tool, Museum of Fine Arts conservator Pam Hatchfield carefully plucked history from a box Tuesday night.

There was a collection of 23 coins dating as far back as 1652, a medal depicting George Washington, a replica of Colonial records, and a silver plate commemorating the erection of the new State House.

Nuttin' even close to something the Criminal Minds team could get excited about!

Fossil
You rarely hear it in court. This case is into the "You did it." "No I didn't." phase now.

I feel for the jurors - a 4 month trial? I've never been on a jury - every time I've been called I've either been completely ignored or disqualified for some reason or other.

Loved the OJ trial. Never saw a court room with so many huge egos in it at the same time. A lot of boring parts but I really learned a lot watching it.... I think.

Was the OJ trial more than 4 months?

Geezer…it's me…and it's been me all along. I have seen your posts thanking me for my "humor"….your wife must have been a wonderful soul to enjoy laughing at the absurd along with me. Hope you are well.

Please except my apology Bea and Geezer.

Oh Don't worry Old Guy, I wasn't offended…just Beatrice. But she gets a bee in her bonnet over the smallest thing.

Re: FYI Fossil and Geezer

Old Guy
Fossil

Loved the OJ trial. Never saw a court room with so many huge egos in it at the same time. A lot of boring parts but I really learned a lot watching it.... I think.

Was the OJ trial more than 4 months?

FYI Geezer, Fossil and anyone else.

This Tuesday evening (9:00 PM on CNN) an in depth review of the OJ trial. Funny how they planned this right when we were talking about it.

That IS amazing, I'll definitely watch, thanks! I was hooked on that trial and because I was working at the time would watch the "replays" at night, as would my wife who had already seen it :). It was fascinating.

PS No apology needed to me OG, that's part of the fun of 'those strings', seeing where they go and going with the flow (or creating it!)

I've always wondered, when a sign says "...................., Police Take Notice", is that telling you the police will notice if you're doing what's prohibited, or is it an instruction to the police to watch for it?

Yes.

Is this happening on a weekend, or a weekday?

Neither, at night.

And thank you Fossil, I'll never wonder again........believe me!

Yippeeee!

Yippeee?

Is that how you cheer for Tom as he slices thru the Red Zone like a highly skilled surgeon? With a yippeee?

As Geezer once said.... Sheesh!

When the ham IS the Patriot` game this weekend? Is it on Sunday Night Football?

4 O'clock this afternoon. Should be a good game.

It's 9:45 PM, and the game still hasn't been on. What are you smokin` over there?

Well, if you're still living in the Highlands you should just keep watching. The signals are probably taking longer to reach you because of the hills, and all.

Sad day today. Had to say goodbye to my chocolate lab. He had a good run - he was just two weeks shy of 15, but sad just the same. Later, buddy.

VERY sorry :(

Never easy. So sorry.

You're right Fossil. 15 is a great run, for a great dog.

Hang in there.
Old Guy.

Thanks, guys. It was a tough day. Been through it before, but it doesn't get any easier. Already thinking about what to do now - maybe a charcoal. I really like that color.

So sorry Fossil. I know how you feel.

Re: Go Pat's!

FYI Geezer.

To make sure you don't miss the Pat's game today, I'll post on this board as soon as it's happened.

Glad to help,
Old Guy

"US teens on alleged crime spree captured in Florida"
So, what, it's the crime spree that's 'alleged', and not their participation in it? 😳

PS Thanks Old Guy, then I'm safe taking my nap.

I just turned on the tv and the game is already on, but I have no idea what the hoopla is all about, the Patriots aren't even playing! It's the Green Bay Pickers and the Seattle Supersonics.

So has the time FINALLY come when we don't have to hear "chicken parm you taste so good" (to the tune of the Nationwide Ins. jingle) from Peyton Manning?

Geezer

PS Thanks Old Guy, then I'm safe taking my nap.

Oops....

1 2