Melrose Seniors Friendly Forum
Start a New Topic 
1 2
Author
Comment
Click Reduction #10

Now the Pats are being accused of letting the air out of the balls. Apparently if you let some air out, it make balls easier to pass. I wonder if that works for kidney stones?

Re: Click Reduction #10

OH, great. Now we have to hear from all the Pat's bashers again. Might as well not wake up Geezer for this news.

I thought I was the only one with defl.............never mind!

Um, no.... you're not.

Re: Deflation

I'm sure most if not all of you have gone through the ritual of re-filling your car tires in the fall because the cold weather caused them to deflate. THAT is what happened to the Patriot's balls. The Pat's ball boy brought the balls out and they sat there all day and the Colt's ball boy didn't. The balls acted just like your tires would act and THAT is the answer to this mystery.

Now this is a guess so don't go "nuts-so" on me but I haven't heard anything better.

....or ... maybe not.

Re: Deflation UPDATE

This is driving me crazy.

1.The issue was identified by half time.
2.Half time scores were Colts, 7 and Pat’s 17.
3.They fixed the uninflated balls during half time.
4.During the 2nd half, points were Colts, 0 and Pats 28.
5.The Pats scored MORE points after the balls were “corrected” than before.

What does the tell you?

Old Guy
I'm sure most if not all of you have gone through the ritual of re-filling your car tires in the fall because the cold weather caused them to deflate. THAT is what happened to the Patriot's balls. The Pat's ball boy brought the balls out and they sat there all day and the Colt's ball boy didn't. The balls acted just like your tires would act and THAT is the answer to this mystery.

Now this is a guess so don't go "nuts-so" on me but I haven't heard anything better.

I don't know what all the fuss is about. My late husband's balls always used to shrink up whenever they got cold. I wouldn't think his balls were very much different than other men's.

Based on the balls my late husband had, I expect all men's balls shrink when cold. I'd like to see the balls which don't.

Yikes ladies!

Now that the nice young man has shoveled me out to my satisfaction, I can take time and write about my husband and his balls. He coached league basketball for years. He usually brought the balls into the house when he got home at night. The few times he left the the balls out in the car when it was cold, they wouldn't bounce well until they warmed up.

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, that's different............nevermind!

"Palin says she is 'seriously interested' in 2016 White House bid"
Excellent....we need another sure fire hit comedy on tv!

I heard "the Donald" was thinking the same thing. Do these people get campaign money that they can keep by doing this and knowing full well they intend to drop out when it the time is right?

And one more thing for all you folks. Ya got your shovels ready?

Just my luck, today was my 'normal' food shopping day (every 5 weeks on grooming day), so I was one of the "crazies" at Stop N Shop![:|]

I just tried to get a tee time for tomorrow, and they were booked solid.

Is this really what they think of us?

THE GEOGRAPHY OF A WOMAN
Between 18 and 22 a woman is like Africa - half discovered, half wild, fertile and naturally beautiful!
Between 23 and 30 a woman is like Europe - well developed and open to trade - especially for someone of real value.
Between 31 and 35 a woman is like Spain - very hot, relaxed and assured of her beauty.
Between 36 and 40 a woman is like Greece - gently aging but still a warm and a desirable place to visit.
Between 41 and 50 a woman is like Great Britain - with a glorious and all conquering past.
Between 51 and 60 a woman is like Israel - has been through war and doesn't make the same mistakes twice - takes care of business.
Between 61 and 70 a woman is like Canada - self-preserving, but open to meeting new people.
After 70 she becomes Tibet - wildly beautiful with a mysterious past and the wisdom of the ages and an adventurous spirit and a thirst for spiritual knowledge.

THE GEOGRAPHY OF A MAN
Between 1 and 80 a man is like North Korea - ruled by a pair of nuts.

A gentleman is simply a patient wolf.

Well, I'll certainly give 'kudos' when they're warranted. From what I saw I think the City did a pretty darn good job on the streets. I don't know much about the rest of the City, but I traveled on Howard Street today, and you could definitely tell where the Saugus Town line is.

I'll second that, and the winter roads have to be the most visible job in the city. You screw up and EVERYONE knows.

Wow! Super Bowl day and no word or clever retorts from Geezer.

Things shouldn't change.

No need to worry. He's probably at Sears trying to trade in his shovel from last year for a discounted 2015 model to use tomorrow.

Sorry, but I've been MUCH too busy making preparations for, and watching Puppy Bowl XI to even start thinking about football.
Thank you for reminding me though, I will make some fried Spam as a treat and look for the Super Bowl later on. Will that blonde country singer still be singing "We've been waiting all day..........."?

And that's why I hesitate to watch....too **** nerve wracking for my age!
But congrats to the Pats, heckuva game.

Same for me - the only game like that I can watch is baseball. Football and hockey are heart attack territory.

When's the parade?

Re: Had Enough

I'm beginning to dislike snow.

N S !!!

Hadda do it. This whole "multiple screen names defense" is absurd, and getting old!

You got that right Geezer.

It seems like the policy on this board has changed to "attack anyone who posts, no matter what they have to say".

How dare you old fellas come on this board and berate those who berate others on this board

So NOW when will my trash pickup be, the end of the month? [:|]

Here's what I do in cases like this.

Dig a hole in your neighbor's snow bank. Stuff your trash in the hole and cover it up. Bingo! Case solved. It'll be 4 months before anyone see's it again and no one will remember it anyway.

Brilliant Holmes!

Re: The "B" Word

Oh No. Another friggin Blizzard on Sunday!!!!

This is really getting old.

I didn't anticipate paying for my HS show shoveler's college education in just a month!

.... and I really, really, really don't like blizards in the middle of the night.

HEY! Where did that button go that you could use to fix minor errors within an hour of the original posting?

you mean like for "show" shoveler's [:-)]

Yes. Thet's what I ment.

I thuoght so!

Where'd that hot babe who used to run this site go?

Beau coup dinh cai dao.

Well, yah got me on that one Fossil.

All I can come up with is: HUH?

Literally, "very crazy in the head". In this case, snow crazy. I've had it with this.

The ONLY upside I can come up with is that the possible 3-5" they're talking about in a couple of days I now consider not even "shovelable". (Not that I do any of it anyway!)

Now would that be the soft and fluffy stuff? Because apparently, that doesn't count as much as "real" snow.

This bothers me every year! (Doesn't take much apparently)

"Oh, you have a car? Then here's your excise tax bill."

Geezer
This bothers me every year! (Doesn't take much apparently)

"Oh, you have a car? Then here's your excise tax bill."

I thought excise tax was a little gift the government whacks you with when you buy a new car, not an annual one? Am I Wrong..... again?

You're thinking of sales tax. That's assessed when you buy. Excise tax is assessed every year. And don't forget the gas tax. Figure 40% of your income goes to pay some tax or other.

I think I am turning into Jeff Dunham's 'Walter'! I have no idea when, where, how, or why the term originated, but I know I do not want to hear any more about, or see pictures of, a woman's "baby bump".

1 2