Melrose Seniors Friendly Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Recipe Help

Does anyone have a recipe for beef bullion and oysterettes?

Thanks!

Re: Recipe Help

Yes

Well!!!??? Hand it over Rover!

I'm sorry, but the recipe is MUCH too long for me to reproduce here. It would take me hours to type out, and unfortunately, being an old family recipe, it's not written down anywhere that I could copy and paste.
The only advice I can give is to just be creative and throw in some gourmet extras, like Spam.

Boy what they said about these message boards is true.

Well I tried. [:-|]

Nate,
Please don't be sad! I was hesitant to respond to your request due to the complexity involved. I have a recipe, but it is required that one possess extreme proficiency in culinary endeavors. If you are up for the challenge, you must first procure the beef. It must be a bull. Look for a lively specimen! Coarsely chop 15 onions. Combine the bull and the onions in a very large vat with 38 gallons of water. Add your choice of spices, but it is very important to include 24 lbs of salt. Cook over a campfire until it comes to a rolling boil. Cover and simmer for 3 days. Meanwhile, obtain the oysters. Check them individually to be certain that they are the female ones. You will need 200 oysters. Rinse and shuck them, and add them to the pot of simmering bull and onion. Continue to cook for the better part of a week. Serve with a full bodied burgundy and enjoy!

That sounds a little like the method/recipe for cooking a seagull!

Annabelle, tell the truth now,you stole that recipe from Hop Sing,

Oh, I doubt that very much Hoss. Annabelle is a pillar of our upper crust society here in Melrose (I think!).

Geezer
That sounds a little like the method/recipe for cooking a seagull!

No, no, no. Seagulls are only simmered for two days.

Oh dear! This is much more involved than I anticipated. Reminds me of the rigorous screening I had to endure when I called the Avi Nelson show a few years back to air a grievance about Lousie Day Hicks! I have some shopping to do! Thanks Annabelle!