Melrose Seniors Friendly Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
RE taxes

My tax bill says the due date is 5/3, but the Mayor's blog says the final day for payment is 5/1. Which day is it? I only ask because I pay it on the day, until then it's MY money!

Re: RE taxes

Geezer
My tax bill says the due date is 5/3, but the Mayor's blog says the final day for payment is 5/1. Which day is it? I only ask because I pay it on the day, until then it's MY money!

Get a life senior and worry more about your health! If you calculate the extra money you save by waiting an extra several days - it works out to a penny or two! You are certainly a senior with much too much time on your hands - do something useful and donate the pennies to charity!

I suspect you don't donate 1/10th of what I do to charities!

Geezer
I suspect you don't donate 1/10th of what I do to charities!

Hey Geezer - check yourself out - senility is setting in for sure!

"...the moral test of government is how that government treats those who are in the dawn of life, the children; those who are in the twilight of life, the elderly; those who are in the shadows of life; the sick, the needy and the handicapped."

One could easily substitute "community" for "government".

Geezer
"...the moral test of government is how that government treats those who are in the dawn of life, the children; those who are in the twilight of life, the elderly; those who are in the shadows of life; the sick, the needy and the handicapped."

One could easily substitute "community" for "government".

And isn't that the problem Geezer. The "government" - we should all have learned by now, that "government" is NOT a replacement for "community" - and never will be! The government is an amorphous, careless, bureaucratic behemoth, totally out of control, lacking feeling and indifferent to the cares of individuals. Smarten up in your old age, Geezer - government certainly has a role - but please don't mistake it for a caring, sensitive and all-benevolent entity! The more local communities can help each other - the better we will be - keep big government out of our personal affairs.

That was exactly my point, but the secondary point being how is our community faring, any better?