Melrose Seniors Friendly Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Retail store cap

So the MA General Laws will allow the City of Melrose to cap the number of recreational marijuana sellers at two (actually could be one), but we can have a ‘nail salon’ on every corner. Whatever happened to whatever the market wil bear?

Re: Retail store cap

I may be an "old fart", but after reading some of the comments from the first public meeting on this issue, I'm tired of the NIMBY attitude in this City! You can't shove every legal thing you don't happen to like up onto Rte 99.

Geezer
I may be an "old fart", but after reading some of the comments from the first public meeting on this issue, I'm tired of the NIMBY attitude in this City! You can't shove every legal thing you don't happen to like up onto Rte 99.
Nope you’re right!
They should put it on Main Street next to city hall.
And catch the magical mystery tour bus from oak grove to get there.🚌

It's as good a place as any, a retail business in a retail district.

And here we go with the Melrose ‘time honored’ NIMBY brigade. Ridiculous, and as foolish as having been a “dry city” for way too long! Hey, douchebags, pot is legal now. Accept it, live with it, and let someone sell it somewhere other than the “pretend Melrose” location on Rte 99.

Seriously, why don’t you just come up with your own nickname? I’m ****ed off enough about this override that may force me out of the City, and the nimby bs about pot shop locations, and now you have to aggravate me more with this foolishness of using the same nickname on here?

Dear Geezer (the real one!):
We've removed the posts from the Geezer imposter.
Have a nice evening,
Melrose Cares!

Melrose Cares Admins
Dear Geezer (the real one!):
We've removed the posts from the Geezer imposter.
Have a nice evening,
Melrose Cares!
Thanks...that guy was really ******* me off. All I want is a pot shop in town...and this guy is going to give me a stroke.

Apparently he or she is back

Sorry Geezer. That imposter has now been blocked.

Thanks Admin! All I ever wanted was to continue to ***** and moan about those darn whipper-snappers.

I want to say do not eat at La Qchara's. The business is hurting so now you get less food and prices went up. This is not Boston or New York. Under the pressure of owning another place they are forced to give less of all ingredients. The city is at fault for promoting this place. I just left La Qchara because the pay is under 7 dollars an hour. I also reported this to the Better Business Bureau and will contact city hall tomorrow. Do Not Go To this place it's a waste of money.

For reference, here's the schedule of changes for MA minimum wage over the next few years:

Date Standard Minimum Wage Tipped Minimum Wage
January 1, 2019 $12.00 $4.35
January 1, 2020 $12.75 $4.95
January 1, 2021 $13.50 $5.55
January 1, 2022 $14.25 $6.15
January 1, 2023 $15.00 $6.75

This is a local place that you do not get a bill and give a percent of the amount. Minimum wage is the amount the employees should be receiving. No one takes your order you pay when you come in the place.

No the coffee place has changed and I finally started going elsewhere. The ham and cheese breakfast sandwich has nothing inside and no one was concerned. Look on Yelp and see the reviews. The above post is correct and you pay when you place your order. The employees should be making $12.00 an hour.

Was originally going to leave this place a 1 star for their horrible ramen and sub-par service from the waitress. Tahpas Bar and Restaurant in Melrose is so expensive you best be drunk before you go in to have a drink because they think its Newbury St.

Same owner as Honey Dew Donuts. They want to try ice cream now. Donuts will be a thing of the past.