Gogouyave.com's Forum

Gouyave Talk
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Women's World Day of Prayer 2015 : Focusing on the Bahamas!

Today, Friday 6 March 2015, the focus of this year Women's World Day of Prayer is on the amazingly beautiful hewned out islands of the Bahamas.

On reflection, I take my hat off to the women of the isles from leeward to windward, based on my maternal side of the family, baking cakes to perfection in the outside tin oven; knowing who have the 'circulating' cake tins; sending a plate of food to a neighbour; removing all the 'bad' grains of rice before cooking; starching the clothes, and most important the laughter as grandfather took his turn to wash the evening pots and pans!

Now, down my journey line, I am able to inwardly explore behind the 'white powdery sandy' beaches in terms of the ill-treatment of 'man made slaves' for the creation of muscavodo sugar, molasses, rum, etc, for the get rich quick schemes at any cost, which over the years has been placed 'under the carpet' by choice or further dismissive accountability suppression!

What can I say, only: God, Creator, so full of love for all that you have created, and who alone can bring about complete change and freedom, bless the islands, its once enslaved people, and its now free people of the Caribbean and scattered around the globe in a special way show your mercy on our fellow sisters, mothers, aunts, grandmothers (our brothers, fathers, uncles)on the islands of the Bahamas and across the whole of the West Indies. Amen.

Women of the Bahamas islands, much love and may you all be prosperously blessed in all your daily endeavours - as 2015 continues, Enjoy!