Gogouyave.com's Forum

Gouyave Talk
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Michael Benjamin has died

Another one of my childhood friends has passed. Mikey as he was popularly known, was born in Gouyave and lived with his older brothers and sister on the same spot in the pasture that Mr. Clarence Campbell subsequently lived. As his older siblings left one after the other to make their own life, Mikey moved to Victoria to live with his father and his second set of children. They included Stella, Cecil, Dickson (Dick) and Layne. Despite the move, all the children were schooled in the old Anglican School building that I also attended.

My understanding is that Mikey was the last of all the boys to survive as Dick had recently passed.

I rejoined Mikey in 1959 when I attended the GBSS, and we became even closer buddies when later in the year I moved to the Boys' Hostel. Those of us who knew the affable, well-liked Mikey will certainly missed his joyous laughter that made you join him in laughing whether you knew or not what the topic was.

My sincere condolences are extended to his wife Gem (nee Gem Perrote) and any other surviving relatives. May my friend Michael Benjamin rest in peace.