Gogouyave.com's Forum

Gouyave Talk
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Mourning or Grieving : the street of the city was made of pure gold, as clear as glass....

One of the beauty of the GoGouyave Forum is how one can epitomise through posts ‘conversations’ with regard to the daily concourse of life now and in the past, on the isle of our birth and at times wider afield. In whatever style, one chooses to narrate stories of experiences from one’s perspective or to stir interest or just create awareness or participation both active and passive, and basically the choice to respond to a post or not!

I feel justified to extend my ‘communal isle’ right on a platform to offer my sympathies to all folks, who at this moment in time are feeling the indescribable impact of the death of a loved one, again everyone have their own narrative or narratives of handling or coping with death.

Folks whatever their beliefs seek comfort from varying sources, as a believer of the Word of God, I usually turn for spiritual comfort, and the reassurance to move on, from the Creator, whose promise of a city, called Mount Zion greeted by thousands of angels in joyful assembly……The twelve gates were twelve pearls, and each gate was made of a single pearl. The street of the city was made of pure gold, as clear as glass….. then, I have the promise of the banquet of the finest wines, finest foods prepared by the Good Father himself…….

And reflectively, I am most appreciative and find comfort in my early childhood experiences in our wooden house where I slept in peace, woke up in peace, ate my food in peace, help Gran with her household chores the little I was able to do in peace, watched Gran digged her yams in peace, the quietness of a classroom after my punishment! I think of my deceased mother, my grandmother walking on this street of pure gold, as clear as glass…. And I cannot help but smile, for after the impact of slavery they like other generational isle enslaved folks they deserve the very best…….. knowing that both my Gran and Mother would expect me to carry one doing my ‘communal’ good of course, in peace. I think of God who alone can revive the dead, by the same spirit that raised His Son Jesus from the dead…. I ponder on the empty tomb….. and I am revitalised to live my life to the full….so when folks say how are you today, I do not mumble, I say, I am very good, thank you!

So to all who mourn, or deeply grieved by the impact of death or caring for sick ones where there is no ‘earthly’ cure, my prayer for you all is that… ‘yea, though you walk through the valley of the shadow of death, you will fear no evil, for the Lord with His crook and staff will surely give you comfort……. Just as He comforted, set free, let our enslaved ancestral folks rest in peace – for in 2015, there are no more shackled slaves-folks sailing on ships for the epic story of boiling sugar cane for raw muscavado sugar! Give us all peace O God, wherever it is needed give our folks peace O God give us all peace, prepare the feet of the isles O Lord to walk on the street of pure gold! Amen.

Re: Mourning or Grieving : the street of the city was made of pure gold, as clear as glass....

"LADY u said For in 2015,there are no more shackled slaves-folks sailing on ships for the epic story of boiling sugar cane for raw muscavado sugar,TRUE u are right,(BUT still in 2015 folks are still under pressure to flee countries in dangerous boats to escape dreaded condition,so u c they are still sailing on ships in 2015 in cramped condition ,where THEY are drowning by the HUNDREDS,