Gogouyave.com's Forum

Gouyave Talk
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re : A legacy of migration greetings Tony and Vernon

HEY tony don't worry one day DOWNSTREET go come out from under d stone hole he hiding LOL,LOL, Yes and when GOUYAVEMAN did REVEAL himself from hiding behind that BIG CLOAK LOL,i said to myself I had a big hunch its was VERNON MISS (VITALIS RIP)son.HEY tony correction its not SCRUMZIE U FORGET,ITS SCRUMZIE BISCUIT HEAD LOL) And most of the friends u mention I to havnt seen them in years,(HEY merle where is LYNIKA & MARGARET have they gone back to GRENADA) YES tony I saw no reason why us gouyaverians should hide our ID on talkshop, DONT worry one day Downstreet go,go up d lance and we`ll find out who he is LOL,LOL.

Hey Melo, I really don't know Lynka or Margaret, except on talk shop. I understand that Lynka is related to Mikey Passee.

OK THANKS MERLE,

Uncle Tony and Aunty Merle,it is unfortunate that my failure to identify myself, has seemed to put a damper on the Cumbayah Campfire, that this forum represents to some of you. If the price of admission, requires the presentation of my I D card, I am afraid I will have to opt out, and leave it to those, who can make better use of it, than I can.

It is ironic that not too long ago, folks here went through great pains to explain to me the necessity of posting the nicknames of the deceased, because most people would not recognize their given names.The same people are today demanding that I produce my real name because they do nor recognize my nickname "Downstreet".

As we all know, whether I declare myself to be ,Willie Williams, John Smith or Donald Trump, there would be follow up questions, did your mother work in the pool, or did your father play for St Johns Sports? etc etc. None of this matters,I am NOT a subscriber to Facebook or Twitter, and I get on with my life without them just fine. If Go gouyave was a home grown version, I would not participate.I still believe in that ancient crazy notion known as "privacy".

Lighten up Tony, it's all good, even if you tend to misconstrue the meaning of my posts sometime. The world is not black and white, there are many shades of grey and colors,which seeps into my posts. If one always take a literal interpretation to my writing, some of the meaning will definitely will be lost. I never said for instance that Arthur set up the forum as a message-board,or a place to connect, those were your assertions, and was simply responding to them.read the post again, I believe that you will come to a different conclusuon.

Either way I am done with having to explain myself to those who misunderstand or misconstrue,its simply to time consuming. From now on Veron is being hired as "Explainer in Chief". Peace out.

I am accepting full blame for the direction this blog has taken, so if you are with me, let's not prolong it any further.

Man, I felt so extremely happy reading your posts that I wanted to know who the real actual person behind the nickname/sobriquet/pen-name is. Therefore it's my fault for really wanting to cheer you, my friend, in the same way we cheered Vernon when he disclosed his identity.
You don't want to, you don't have to, period! So please forgive my "intrusion" into your privacy. It's your right to reveal or nor reveal who you are, but the Gouyave thing in me just wanted so badly to say "hooray for ?/aka Downstreet."

Anyway I hope you do understand that it had nothing to do with inquisitiveness or popularity or whatever else. Man, all I wanted to do was to beat my chest and say "here is another highly gifted Gouyave writer who is making everyone stand in his shoe in admiration and ponder." You are that kind of person!

Finally when you wrote "Uncle Tony and Aunty Merle," you certainly aroused even more curiosity in me to know you. So I am taking the liberty to say "hi nephew, my sincerest compliments to you!!"

Tony I totally understand your sentiments, and did so from jump street.However there is nothing to stop you or anyone from expressing praise for writers on this blog, even if we are not personally familiar with them. I quote Shakespeare, Hardy and Milton, from time to time, if I ever met them, I don't quite remember. The fact that Tony De, Mya, and Merle. does not identify you to me is not a problem at all, I assume that like Downstreet, they too may be sobriquets.I just do not recall the De family of Gouyave, but I might be wrong.
Enough about that. So now that we are in the age of Trump, any advice to those comrades living in the cold, which is about to become way way colder? Should the "overflow" from Spice, still be yearning for a better life , in the land of the free and home of the brave? Young Guavearians, would like to know, before they jump, or are pushed.

Downstreet, I admire your style and enjoy your contribution to this forum and frankly I take the message for what it is and not who wrote it. I admire your exercise of wisdom and understanding of the dynamic of this forum and I like the fact that you maintain your anonymity I feel your continuing to be an enigma here is driving some people crazy but I feel that you should continue to keep it that way. It is my personal feeling that the pressure to unveil you is a dynamic that will lead to a focus on the messenger rather than the message, to put it mildly. There is a saying that a prophet has no honor in his own place; “but isn’t he just the carpenter’s son?”
We have noticed that no one asks for the identity of “just a note” or the newcomer “hammer”. Why? As for my handle I am probably better known by that name that my proper name, so to speak.

The topic started with a very interesting topic “A legacy of migration” and it struggled to get some traction but soon as Downstreet dropped an exit line “ah school a jacks jes break around the point, blow de whistle bwoy, wake up Capt. Jimbo.” The thread takes off, and Off track so I ask did we really leave it behind or just masquerading under some pretense. Why is it that we revert time and time to this clique mentality which seems to kill the participation in the forum?

You are quite right Maya. A topic like that is far too far-reaching to get bogged down by what is essentially a triviality. It was just my curiosity that took us off the path. So let's get back to the substance.
I hope you would contribute to the new topic "Migration and its legacies."

Thank you Mya, your contribution to this forum has been highly informative, insightful and hopefully beneficial to all.I cannot say that I threw in the "JACKS" as bait, nor would I be in anyway critical of those who went for it. A forum on the World Wide Web, will attract a wide cross-section of people, who would get a plethora of meanings and uses out of it. Thank you. and have a nice day.