Return to Website

Welcome to www.vietnamvets.com

WWW.Vietnamvets.com was started over 10 years ago by US Navy and Vietnam Veteran Murry Broach.In his Memory this site is lovingly dedicated.  
jinks

ENTER THE CHATROOM

Welcome to www.vietnamvets.com
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: gotta get it off my chest...

I hesitated to post this one....mostly because it sounds like I'm just repeating tired old news......but it needs saying anyway...
.....2 days...just 2 freaking days after this last post another child here in Tennessee...2 years old for cryin' out loud....shot him/herself with a gun left around the house....what the hell is the matter with people?...what the hell is the matter with the law enforcement/legal system in this country?
.....and of course, this is just more justification for the gun banning people to holler and shout for more restrictions on gun ownership.....when in all reality...it actually cries out for more gun crime prosecution and stricter enforcement of existing laws.......lefty...out

Re: gotta get it off my chest...

You can cry all you want, you can rant as much as you please but one thing is always sure. Try as much as you like children will always find a way to get into trouble without any help. They can open "child proof" bottles, climb up to the highest heights and demolish even the most "indestructible" items.
Like guns, no matter how many laws are enacted, there will always be that individual who will find a way to obtain any weapon they desire to purchase. Short of totally making laws against owning a firearm they will always be available to whomever wants to purchase them.
Have you seriously considered why the second amendment is a part of our constitution? When the constitution was written our nation was under siege by the British. The militia was formed as a combative force against the "Red Coats". These combatants were also farmers who kept their weapons nearby for an emergency.
Hence the term "Minute Men".
To take away their weapons would limit their ability to defend themselves. Thus the second amendment was sorely needed.
You may know this already but a reminder once in a while doesn't hurt. If I'm wrong correct me. I may not be right but it is history as I was taught.
By the way, I am not a history major.