ROOF

Thank you for visiting the Routemaster Owner and Operator's Forum (ROOF). Please feel free to use this forum for the mature discussion of any issues of interest and relevance to Routemaster owners. Please do not use this board to publicise your feelings about individuals, National or Local Government or TFL policy. Owners of other London bus types in service during the 1950s, 60s and 70s are also welcome to contribute to this forum.

Please note, the ROOF website no longer exists. The link from the Forum does not work anymore.  Useful information and links from the website has been posted to the Forum.

Please do not respond to abusive posts but notify ROOFmoderator 1@outlook.com.

ROOF
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Shillibeer Routemaster repaints

Adam

I can give you contact details of the designer/printer who did my OLST vinyls for the open topper, he produced them from scratch using only a couple of old photos.

Give me a shout if you want his details.

David

My bus number (if any): RM's 446, 548, 765 and 1783

Hello.
As the owner of 2186, which was Shillibeer liveried , when it was rubbed down it was red at the bottom.
I think a Micheal Mann was the previous owner, and I believe he had it painted. He is on here somewhere! Ask him.
Glad you're keeping the livery.

Carl

My bus number (if any): RM 2186

I seem to remember 2186 was painted at the now defunct Bus Works in Blackpool and I'm sure they hand painted them.

My bus number (if any): RML 2747

I stand corrected Adam but there was a firm in Chingford that i believe either designed or actually painted the buses back them into the liveries. The firm itself was based in a small factory building not far from the train station in a narrow side street, so they wouldn't had been painted there. Plus the building is now residental, i will see what i can find out my end.

My bus number (if any): RM158

Hi Guys,

Thanks for the info everyone. I'm learning quite a lot here! Having said that, this repaint has now been set back due to my recent engine problems, now rectified.

All the best,

Adam.

My bus number (if any): RM2208