ROOF

Thank you for visiting the Routemaster Owner and Operator's Forum (ROOF). Please feel free to use this forum for the mature discussion of any issues of interest and relevance to Routemaster owners. Please do not use this board to publicise your feelings about individuals, National or Local Government or TFL policy. Owners of other London bus types in service during the 1950s, 60s and 70s are also welcome to contribute to this forum.

Please note, the ROOF website no longer exists. The link from the Forum does not work anymore.  Useful information and links from the website has been posted to the Forum.

Please do not respond to abusive posts but notify ROOFmoderator 1@outlook.com.

ROOF
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Naughty naughty

I haven't hears of any historic buses being seized yet, but I know of a few where the owners have had the VOSA warning letters.

My bus number (if any): RML2532

Re: Naughty naughty

RaTtletrap

The way it should be done. Presumably historic are then auctioned off?

John.

'Proceeds of Crime auction' is what they are called, you can get some great bargins at them if you are looking for a sporty car or high end goods!

But the seizing authority have to apply to a court to sell the goods at Proceeds of Crime hearing first, or will be disposed of.

The only issue is the ones that are openly advertised tend to be in Scotland. Then when they are advertised they are usually at short notice and you have to go to the auction house on the day to find out what is up for grabs because if they displayed what was up on the internet it is likely criminals will break in to steal their goods back.

As for the smaller lower value goods they tend to end up on Ebay under the police forces account!

All the money raised goes to the treasury but the seizing authority can put a claim in for the money to make use off but most police forces then redistribute it to local charities related to cutting crime or keeping kids busy and out of trouble.

My bus number (if any): RMF2771