ROOF

Thank you for visiting the Routemaster Owner and Operator's Forum (ROOF). Please feel free to use this forum for the mature discussion of any issues of interest and relevance to Routemaster owners. Please do not use this board to publicise your feelings about individuals, National or Local Government or TFL policy. Owners of other London bus types in service during the 1950s, 60s and 70s are also welcome to contribute to this forum.

Please note, the ROOF website no longer exists. The link from the Forum does not work anymore.  Useful information and links from the website has been posted to the Forum.

Please do not respond to abusive posts but notify ROOFmoderator 1@outlook.com.

ROOF
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: EURO 6 conversion

You could be correct, but why not say so, or at least that the project is not available, rather than not responding to enquiries ? Not very good customer relations for a company the size of Cummins, or is this market just not worth worrying about as it is too small ?

My bus number (if any): RM1368

As you say, it is a neat conversion with the ad blue tank on the nearside behind a budget lock flap, and the exhaust utilising the offside life guard space. Under the bonnet it is a work of art the way it has been done. In the cab, there are some strange gauges telling you various things. I don't particularly like the organ accelerator pedal, but I guess this is the ''drive by wire'' type. I understand that 1005 has had a new gearbox fitted by Allison, don't know which type. I took this bus to what was left of Yeading test centre to be certified as a Euro 6, and the Ministry man was impressed.

I remember RM 1562 with it's Euro 3 engine and different Allison gearbox,(270?). This also had an organ accelerator. Nice bus. Very popular on the 13 and 9H. What happened to that bus? I hope it is still around.

Rm1562 aka bessie is with henry cooper coaches