ROOF

Thank you for visiting the Routemaster Owner and Operator's Forum (ROOF). Please feel free to use this forum for the mature discussion of any issues of interest and relevance to Routemaster owners. Please do not use this board to publicise your feelings about individuals, National or Local Government or TFL policy. Owners of other London bus types in service during the 1950s, 60s and 70s are also welcome to contribute to this forum.

Please note, the ROOF website no longer exists. The link from the Forum does not work anymore.  Useful information and links from the website has been posted to the Forum.

Please do not respond to abusive posts but notify ROOFmoderator 1@outlook.com.

ROOF
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Safe speeds for Routemasters on motorways

I think Duane is thinking about the RM brake light....
We do not use the platform light on our buses, it is, I am told, an offence to show a white light to the rear in France. We also have two rear lights at the back at the extremes of the vehicle. We could use red bulbs in the platform light of course...

My bus number (if any): RTL 960, RM 1585, RML 2667 and several RTs

You might get the wrong sort of lady passengers if you had a red light on the platform over here! :)

It is an offence in the UK to display a white light to the rear of a public service vehicle except any interior light or destination display. Reversing lights if fitted must be capable of only being illuminated with reverse gear selected.

My bus number (if any): RML2532

an easy way to fit twin brake lights on the back of an RM is to remove the SBC lamp holed and replaces it with an offset pin twin filament MBC fitting, just make sure you keep the return wire insulated from the bodywork. Obviously you'll have to run additional wired from the central stop light to the outer lamps. The central lamp must remain operative or removed entirely.

My bus number (if any): RML2532