Melrose Cares: Open Community Dialogue

Click here to report offensive or inappropriate posts.

Schools & School Committee
Start a New Topic 
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: More Staff Leaving the High School?????

Not Winchester
That's all Melrose deserves for pay its not Winchester. Melrose has a lot of

inexperienced teachers due to this administration and its not stopping. So

get out while you are ahead!!

I agree with this post after reading Melrose messages. Melrose needs more than a new superintendent and mayor.

Re: Roosevelt PARCC

Scott
You'll be surprised in November how much question 2 wins by.

Scott, I agree with you on question 2 they will be surprised. Public school will be a choice for residents now. Roosevelt and Lincoln had many being taken out and still more.

Ignore
If your child has special needs the teachers and principals ignore those students. Vote yes on question 2 the charter is the way to go.
What they should do is create charter schools for the truly underserved (especially in Melrose): SPED students and children with disabilities. Since the current charter schools find a way of sending these kids back to the district and the district under CT's "leadership" abandons these kids and then retaliates against them and their parents when they dare to complain about it, I think this may be a good thing for Melrose.

Wouldn't it be much cheaper to file criminal charges against the school administrators here who continually violate the law? It only costs the Commonwealth $25,000 a year to hold these criminals at a minimum security prison, whereas it is costing $60,000 in tuition per year to educate the victimized students in specialized private schools; the common settlement agreement after parents file suit against the district (and we haven't even touched on the legal fee expenses that come right out of the school budget defending these offenders). And all because the administration here routinely chooses to violate SPED laws, civil rights laws and harassment/anti-bullying laws. [8-)]

HM
Funny how everyone on this board seemed all over standardized test scores when they placed Horace Mann (and the district) into Level 3 status - how frequently was this brought up? But now that test scores show Melrose is doing well, those same test scores are a bunch of nonsense.
Lesson to be learned: Change the school superintendent and the school committee - short of this - nothing changes.

Attention parents of sped students. Because CT is too cheap to pay a decent wage for subs, paras are constantly being pulled not just for hours but for days from your children. And not just classroom paras, one to ones, a violation of the law. It's up to you parents to do something. Here at the schools, employees have tried to point out how wrong this is and how those children are suffering. CT and PWL don't give a hoot about your kids. Speak up, get a petition going, go to SC meetings but for God's sake DO SOMETHING!! It's happening in every school. Oh, and the ONLY reason the MTA is against the chapter schools is because the are not unionised which means no dues to the MTA. Hey, I don't know if the Chapter Schools are better or not but at this venue we need choices to get our kids the hell out of Smelrose.

Paras as subs
Attention parents of sped students. Because CT is too cheap to pay a decent wage for subs, paras are constantly being pulled not just for hours but for days from your children. And not just classroom paras, one to ones, a violation of the law. It's up to you parents to do something. Here at the schools, employees have tried to point out how wrong this is and how those children are suffering. CT and PWL don't give a hoot about your kids. Speak up, get a petition going, go to SC meetings but for God's sake DO SOMETHING!! It's happening in every school. Oh, and the ONLY reason the MTA is against the chapter schools is because the are not unionised which means no dues to the MTA. Hey, I don't know if the Chapter Schools are better or not but at this venue we need choices to get our kids the hell out of Smelrose.

Substitutes get paid only once a month! So you work for $60 then have to wait an entire month for your maybe $55 after taxes

You can be sure the super gets her $7,000 check right on time every two weeks, while a sub has to wait a month to get $60.

Don't forget $60 a day that's without taxes taken out so around $40 something. I can't understand.

All children with IEP's the paras all was taken off the one on ones per principal MBM. This principal is the worst and parents don't care. IF MBM stays at the Roosevelt your student will be hurt by this. So wake up for God sake!

Dolan pay outs
Oh this must be one of Dolans pay outs. Did you just receive ten thousand dollars? Rosie parents are smart.

The Roosevelt mommies get 10,000 dollars to go around saying that Melrose is great, that's fraud. Just like the real estate was the ones to make Melrose voted best zip code another fraud!!!

Superintendent
Superintendent T. right now makes just under $180,000 a year. If she retired tomorrow at 80% she'd be collecting approximately $144,000 in retirement. Good Bye!

This superintendent needs to go. What is wrong with the SC not to let her go?

Context
You can be sure the super gets her $7,000 check right on time every two weeks, while a sub has to wait a month to get $60.

No subs in Melrose because they don't pay enough like other cities. It cheaper to take the para out of the room for the day.

At the middle school the principal will target you if you are 50 years old or more. He did this at the Lincoln school also to many women that worked for him.

This tactic makes sense for the mayor and superintendent as they can replace a higher salaried worker with 25 years of service with a newbie at roughly half the cost. Does it make sense to harass experienced teachers into leaving the school district and is that good for the kids? NO. Is this tactic a violation of Federal Civil Rights Laws? Absolutely. The Age Discrimination in Employment Act of 1967 makes this unlawful. But again, this is Melrose where violations of state and federal laws by appointed and elected officials runs rampant.

So Taymore is taking over Education Stations.This time this may not be a bad decision. Since the hiring of Deb, paras won't work for ES, Positions. There' filled and when they are they're short lived. No one wants to work under Deb the dicktator.

Horace Mann isn't any better.It's like you can only be a principal if you have no principals.

Horace Mann
Horace Mann isn't any better.It's like you can only be a principal if you have no principals.

That's true. Look at Marybeth MORONto.

Is she still around at the high school?

WHAT
Superintendent
Superintendent T. right now makes just under $180,000 a year. If she retired tomorrow at 80% she'd be collecting approximately $144,000 in retirement. Good Bye!

This superintendent needs to go. What is wrong with the SC not to let her go?

Re: Sure vote for Trump

What's Wrong With You?
Myron, what's wrong with you? Not only is he a misogynistic piece of gutter trash, he is also a liar, a fraud, and a crook. A billion dollar loss? That's your definition of a successful businessman? He doesn't pay his employees, he stiffs his contractors, and he is perhaps the worst possible example of a successful businessman you could conjure up.

There is nothing wrong with Myron. He articulated his reasons clearly. I understand his position and agree with him. I wish there was another choice, but we have to play the hand we are dealt. I am fully prepared for Hillary to win, but there is no way that I would EVER vote for her. I have no idea what DonaldTrump would do as president, but I absolutely know what she would do, and I could never condone her numerous deplorable actions, and then reward this behavior with my vote. Trump my be misogynistic, but Hillary would sell any man, woman, or child down the river to pad her pockets, and her support of her rapist husband is far worse than some lewd comments. Also, Donald doesn't have the blood of our military on his hands. Also, Trump hasn't engaged in numerous "pay to play" scams that negatively impact the strength of this country. I can understand someone not wanting to vote for Trump (some people can't get past his persona, and I accept that), and casting a half-hearted vote for Hillary. I cannot, absolutely cannot understand anyone actively supporting this woman. The bumper stickers baffle the hell out of me. How much kool aid have these people ingested?

I'm with Myron
I can understand someone not wanting to vote for Trump (some people can't get past his persona, and I accept that), and casting a half-hearted vote for Hillary.

That would be me. Pretty sad, isn't it?

What's Wrong With You?
I'm with Myron
I can understand someone not wanting to vote for Trump (some people can't get past his persona, and I accept that), and casting a half-hearted vote for Hillary.

That would be me. Pretty sad, isn't it?

Just remember as you cast that vote for Hillary - if you liked the last 8 years - you will absolutely love the next 8 years - (1) higher taxes for all, (2) open borders with a major influx of refugees from Syria and the Middle East with essentially no proper vetting, (3) increased terrorists attacks in the US, (4) continued increase in government regulations which will continue to stifle and delay our economic recovery, (5) Obamacare 2.0 with substantially increased premiums and higher deductibles, (6) Supreme Court justices who will continue to make decisions to take away more of our rights, (7) and the most undemocratic, the most political justice department and non-transparency administration ever to hold office even surpassing that of the Obama's. And these are only a small list of the effect of electing Hillary to the Presidency.

The Republicans made a mistake in voting for Trump as its candidate - even more important - the country will compound that mistake by electing a political demagogue, an acknowledged liar, a person who (and evidence to show) helped setup a charity foundation for their own personal gain with a "pay for play scheme, who is bought and owned by Wall Street and big bankers (just read the emails recently uncovered).

I hope that those who intend to vote for Hillary can live with themselves later when the above come to pass - I guess they can since they have been able to justify the last 8 years.

Myron and his wife are "good Catholics". Rose just about says Mass at St.Joseph's and runs the parish! I can't understand how Evangelical Christians and Catholics can be so hypocritical in their support for Trump. "The Donald" does not practice anything I ever was taught during 8 years at St. Mary's, 4 years at Malden Catholic or 3 years at Boston College Law School.

Trump Catholics
Myron and his wife are "good Catholics". Rose just about says Mass at St.Joseph's and runs the parish! I can't understand how Evangelical Christians and Catholics can be so hypocritical in their support for Trump. "The Donald" does not practice anything I ever was taught during 8 years at St. Mary's, 4 years at Malden Catholic or 3 years at Boston College Law School.

Gee...nothing like getting personal - my views are MY views - I don't speak for anyone else in my family - perhaps in your family it is less Democratic than in mine!

I think that we can both agree that we have two candidates that have some very serious moral issues. One candidate that has said some really outrageous, deplorable, and crude things about women which I can not even relate to.

On the other hand we have another candidate who continues to be supportive of a husband who has demonstrated no allegiance to the fidelity of their marriage by his numerous, continuous, and documented sexual relationships with other women during their entire marriage and supporting him and attempting to destroy the women who have charged him with rape and lewd sexual behavior. And I don't even think it necessary to bring up the fact that she has many times lied to the American people about Benghazi event, her email system as well as in countless other national issues she has been involved in over the past 20 years!

So you tell me Mr. Catholic, are you really sure you want to throw that rock in your hand while living in a glass house?

The local Repug Base is exactly that, and the local ringleader of the fake dems is no better, having its own tiny pug version of "Locker Room" Guy. Anyone who's been around more than five minutes has heard RD espouse the kind of hateful spew he richly offers (about women, people of other backgrounds, political opponents) knows that this is true. And his pitbulls (MD, MG, RVC) have fully embraced abusing their authority in any way possible, including trying to have opponents arrested, harassed, threatened with lawsuits... Local Locker Room Guy is a wannabe small-town clown creep while The D is the full-blown Clown Nightmare, with plenty of mentally imbalanced and morally deranged local base.

MFD should be totally ashamed waving away the "indiscretions" like the most extreme of the RNC and deflecting it all on the Other Side (which has nothing of which to feel proud either). The entire political scene is a corrupt $hitshow, thanks to a generally debauched and uneducated populace and the moneyed influence allowed by Citizens United, which Bernie has now pressured Hil into promising to overturn. The RNC is imploding, as it should have months ago when they couldn't manage to unseat their #1 menacing clown (they had a whole fleet running for that spot, and the worst of the bunch "rose" to the nomination). So now, those with a vestige of conscience are claiming shock at the newest videos (most of us could have predicted such moral atrocities), now that there is no question that DT espouses sexual assault (though only if a powerful white man like he perceives himself is the aggressor). Finally the morally bankrupt RNC has found evidence--that Their Guy is a repulsive and dangerous criminal--that even it cannot refute! MFD, if this is your idea of taking the moral high ground, you have failed completely. That is sad given that you do try to be a moral and contributing citizen. How about rethinking what you are saying? Even if, like so many of us, you cannot stand HRC, do you really think that there is any moral defense of DT, who is an admitted sexual predator, among his many atrocities? Would you allow your children or grandchildren to be alone with him, especially any female ones?

Better yet - would you actually allow a known RAPIST to be in the same vicinity of your daughters, granddaughters, and White House interns with Bill Clinton standing next to Hillary? Think not!

Once again, you choose to half-heartedly agree that your party "has nothing of which to feel proud", but then focus your entire post on the other side. I do not pretend to take the moral high ground, nor do I think MFD is acting as if he is doing so. You are correct that both sides are incredibly flawed. I happen to feel that DT is less flawed. You may disagree, but don't act as if HRC is the moral high ground. Absurd. MFD has nothing about which to be "ashamed". He doesn't name-call, and I would hardly say he is morally defending DT. He just is going to vote for his choice of the better candidate. You can do the same.
Also, may I just say that I find in incredibly creepy that anyone would talk about his wife's church habits. Yikes. Judge lest ye be judged, creepo.

The DNC as it stands is not "my" party as the previous poster presumed incorrectly. Once upon a time it was a party worthy of support. It lost any credibility remaining when it behaved as it did this past election cycle. The DNC is now utterly corrupt (locally and nationally, sadly), just as is the RNC. Does that mean there is any viable alternative to DT other than HRC? Sorry to say, it does not. HRC is at least a competent, intelligent adult, though she has proven to be corrupt as well. She is not, however, a raving misogynist racist sexual abuser, as DT undeniably is.

FYI By rights this discussion should move to the "other" chain since it really isn't about the schools (except for the correlation to corrupt local dem politics).

Reduced to it's simplest description, this election is going to be decided by how many votes the Dems have bought with all their "social welfare" programs for immmigrants, both legal and illegal, vs. how many right wing religious nutjobs and other assorted whackos show up on election day. No matter who wins, it is the end of America as we know it.

Isn't it about time we took our country back? And haven't you figured out yet that there is really only one way to do that?

Let's start a pool - which will be the first state to secede? I'm thinking Texas, then Oklahoma. If it was Massachusetts it would make me very proud, but you can forget that.

Fools
Oh, it definitely belongs in this section because it shows the foolish opinions of the regular posters on this site.

Which "foolish opinions" are you referring to? Myrons?

Yes, and all the racist, anti-Muslim, misogynistic "too bad it is not 1958 when the world was perfect" Trump supporters.

I hope that's the case, because I found What's Wrong With you?'s comments to be spot on.

And although pessimistic, I found this from another poster also interesting:

"Reduced to it's simplest description, this election is going to be decided by how many votes the Dems have bought with all their "social welfare" programs for immmigrants, both legal and illegal, vs. how many right wing religious nutjobs and other assorted whackos show up on election day. No matter who wins, it is the end of America as we know it."

And BTW - 1958 wasn't all it was cracked up to be either.

O.k...folks - let's end this conversation on the fact that we all agree to disagree on this matter of Trump versus Hillary! The national election in less than 30 days will determine the winner and loser! Get out and vote!

Lesson to be learned: Change.

MM crazies
Yes, and all the racist, anti-Muslim, misogynistic "too bad it is not 1958 when the world was perfect" Trump supporters.[/quote

Voting for TRUMP he is a change and they are scared they wont be able to make the DEALS like they are right now with HILLARY! Don't forget Obama and Michelle are working hard for the Chief Justice job.

How many BJ,s do you think Bill Clinton got when he was president? Maybe 50 to 100...

Re:Administration Lies Again and is Caught Violating Federal Student Confidentiality Laws.

It is October 14th and unbelievably, the prohibited confidential information is STILL up on the school committee website and MPS website!

BJ
How many BJ,s do you think Bill Clinton got when he was president? Maybe 50 to 100...

At least they were consensual.

Trumped
BJ

At least they were consensual.

Including the ones who Bill raped and gave bloody lips too? I think that you gave a new meaning to the word rape - "consensual" - a real "liberal & Progressive" interpretation! Nice going - keep up the great support for the "perfect" couple - a rapist and a a rapist supporter. What a great couple to be waiting to enter the White House again! Shame on you - and shame on all those who vote her in!

Not sure what you are talking about. Read the question that was asked "in the white house". Monica has admitted it was consensual. Go away.

MR, there are many of us who will indeed not "vote her in", but PLEASE tell me that you certainly don't expect us to vote for the buffoon instead!

Bruce
MR, there are many of us who will indeed not "vote her in", but PLEASE tell me that you certainly don't expect us to vote for the buffoon instead!

Oh no - vote for the the other candidates who have no chance to win - so that the election is won by a crook, a liar, an elitist who we now know for sure lied to the American people and who exposed our top secrets to our enemies, willingly and with the specific intention of avoiding FOIA and transparency! By all means - don't vote for the other candidate that has a chance of salvaging our democracy from the progressive Democrat party that wants to import more and more refugees from the Middle East who can not be vetted properly and to increase the risk of terrorism and which local cities and towns can not properly support with needed services.

Sure - go ahead and let this so-called non-buffoon win the election. It will be great for America to have the this couple back in the White House again - doing what they do best - the of rape American and allowing the criminality of their friends access to all our political systems! Sounds like a great deal for all of us - why wouldn't anyone vote the third party candidate? I fool can give you that answer - probably standing right next to you!

Trump de doo
Not sure what you are talking about. Read the question that was asked "in the white house". Monica has admitted it was consensual. Go away.

Not sure if you have been sleeping for the past 20 years and just woke up! This activity was going on while Bill was President - even while he as talking to heads of state! She as a young intern and he was the President of the United States! FDoes this mean any thing to you. And please don't forget the other women who have come out to say that he raped them when he was Governor of Arkansas. Surely you can't be living in la-la land that long!

Be Real!
Trump de doo

Don't bother us if you don't have facts please. Granted, he was a philanderer but you are crossing the line on the rape issue. Was he ever charged?

Trump de doo

Never go away that's down in history! Bill and Hillary should be locked up together for what they have done for themselves. Joe Biden this is bully month and you are a bully for saying you would take Trump behind the gym and take care of him. Joe I think you would be beaten badly.

Never
Trump de doo

Never go away that's down in history! Bill and Hillary should be locked up together for what they have done for themselves. Joe Biden this is bully month and you are a bully for saying you would take Trump behind the gym and take care of him. Joe I think you would be beaten badly.

If that was Trump saying what Biden said it would be ALL over the news channels. Trump said this and that. The news stations did the same thing when Obama ran but worse, he could do no wrong. Bill Clinton 8 years ago was on the campaign trail calling Obama the N word and that wasnt a big deal...

Trump de doo

Monica has no life because of the Clintons. The Clintons could still have a life after paying out millions of dollars to the women that Bill ruined! The only thing they could hid back then was from Chelsea but not now. Glad Trump brought it up in the second debate. Did'nt notice much of Bill in the last debate did you? You know what I am talking about don't act stupid.

Facts only please
Be Real!
Trump de doo

Don't bother us if you don't have facts please. Granted, he was a philanderer but you are crossing the line on the rape issue. Was he ever charged?

Hillary Clinton defended a rapist and the child was twelve years old. That's a fact that's what was the rape comment. Hillary Clinton also believes in abortion up to 9months how is that allowed...

Hillary
MM crazies
Yes, and all the racist, anti-Muslim, misogynistic "too bad it is not 1958 when the world was perfect" Trump supporters.[/quote

Voting for TRUMP he is a change and they are scared they wont be able to make the DEALS like they are right now with HILLARY! Don't forget Obama and Michelle are working hard for the Chief Justice job.

I think you are correct Hillary is no change. Hillary didn't even do good in

the last debate her big smile was because, she was lying through her teeth.

Just like Melrose no change the same old faces.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10