Gogouyave.com's Forum

Gouyave Talk
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Slavery compensation 2014 meeting : on St Vincent, 'the land of the blessed' ,

Not only did God choose Moses to lead the Israelites from Egyptian bondage, we must also be reminded that the Israelites never ever accepted the basic tenets of what the Egyptians held as sacred. By that I mean the children of Israel refused to accept their master's religion and in fact gave their own definition to their existence which helped to strengthen their resolve to be free. In essence they were telling Pharaoh that they had no intention to be a part in any shape or form of the Egyptian concept of life, and never would they be. While they were SLAVES IN BODY, THEY WERE FREE IN MIND!! That's why it is virtually impossible for one to ever find a Jew today conforming to Egyptian concepts of religion. They made sure that when they broke away from Egypt they had no ties, in whichever form, with their former masters. Not their names, not their way of life, and certainly not their understanding of the spiritual world, that is, their religion.

Sometimes I wonder if that is not where the problem of our people's "so-called" emancipation lies. How could we be really free of our former masters environment when we continue to accept, believe and defend the slave-owners' religion as if it was ours from the start? Wouldn't it have been unthinkable and laughable if you please to hear the Israelites PRAYING to Amen-Ra to lead them to freedom? If they didn't have an existing religion of their own, I'll bet that they would have CREATED one rather than ACCEPT Pharaoh's religion.
How could we differentiate ourselves from him when our men and women do everything we possible can to resemble him? Any wonder why they have now gone to the length of making little girl's dolls with Black color? As much as we can we are desperately trying and want to be the Black version of our masters!
Yes, some of us have even gone to the extreme of changing our God-given color, while some try as much as we can to get close enough to him in shades of Black and White, and discriminate over it.
And oh yes, how could we be differentiating ourselves when we don't even know our very own names and are forced to adopt and defend names like DeCoteau, Jourdaine, Louison, Wright, Lewis, DeRiggs and so on?

Let's therefore hope that the Slavery Compensation that the Black nations are now seeking is one of the many steps that will lead to our eventual Emancipation from bondage. It's a hard journey that lies ahead of us, but that road might very well be the only one to take to reach the Promise land that Rev. Martin Luther King Jr. spoke about.

Just me thinking out loudly.

Re: Slavery compensation 2014 meeting : on St Vincent, 'the land of the blessed' ,

well said Mr. DeCoteau.
We need to emancipate ourselves from mental slavery.
The sad thing is that while our ancestors fought so hard to free themselves from slavery, we are voluntarily and consensually enslaving ourselves.