Gogouyave.com's Forum

Gouyave Talk
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Tackling The Big Bam-Bam Post....Who Fraid Dat/Lady Genevieve

(Continuing from above)

And as we had learned that “beauty is the eyes of the beholder” We men (Blacks in particular and some daring Whites) have also changed our focus and accepted this new standard; cherishing this natural phenomenon that seems to have purposely awaken our spirit, despite our reluctance to mount a challenge. We are beginning to re-think what beauty is, not from the smallness of a "modulized optical illusionary concept of a woman" but rather, from the natural characteristics (big as they may be) that form her complete silhouette.

Our Caribbean community has always regarded and cherished the allure of the full-figured bodied of a Black Woman and the “machismic bravado” (hopefully, without the chauvinism) that goes with it. In fact, we have also become the “new beholders” while observing the standards of that “new beauty”.

They have indeed become our Black version of the Mona Lisa.

Yes, the big Bam-Bams have arisen.

VJL

Re: Tackling The Big Bam-Bam Post....Who Fraid Dat/Lady Genevieve 1

Mr Man jus because is parang time yu doh have to go an call me name in tabay.

I thought that Gluteus Maximus was a Roman general in olden days.

This is a big subject. A big, big subject. If you collected all the varying facets of this subject and secured them in a bag they would surely cause melee. Imagine, they would be jumping up and down, bouncing off each other and generally making themselves a sight to behold.

Re: Tackling The Big Bam-Bam Post....Who Fraid Dat/Lady Genevieve 2

Leonardo's Mona Lisa? Well....have a look of some of the other masters' masterpieces. Titian, Rubens, Botticelli. When they painted women they produced images that were realistic. Women as they actually were. Not trimmed and glazed and mellowed and glossed.

Re: Tackling The Big Bam-Bam Post....Who Fraid Dat/Lady Genevieve 3

When God chose the camel to be the ship of the desert, he knew that it would need to carry extra quantities of water as it traversed the desert.

Re: Tackling The Big Bam-Bam Post....Who Fraid Dat/Lady Genevieve 4

So, he facilitated it's passage across the dry arid plains by providing the beast with 2 beautiful humps, planted prominently on it's back for all to see. We could see, identify and appreciate the camel because it's hump is not only functional but beautiful too.

Re: Tackling The Big Bam-Bam Post....Who Fraid Dat/Lady Genevieve 5

So when I see one of my sisters walking by suitably adorned by the Almighty himself, I nod in wondrous amazement, smile and understand that God works in mysterious ways his wonders to perform.

>>>>>>>....Titian, Rubens, Botticelli. When they painted women they produced images that were realistic...<<<<<<

Mango,

I took the time to visit some the works of the Artists you mentioned above and indeed, theirs were a starked contrast to Leonardo’s, in that they were devoid of “the glossy finish” and unrealistic appearances. They still however, was lacking in notoriety as the Mona.

But your argument here is well grounded as the evidence cannot be refuted, especially by those with Eagle Eyes and keen observational skills like you.
But on the “bigger picture” here, I had some trouble understanding your logic and your point may beg for an intervention of some kind as the practicality you mentioned seems to violate every form of Physics that my grey matter would allow me to grasp. This may have been the reason why the Talkshop Police chose not to give you a “free pass without hindrance” like the Tit-te-ree had required hence the breaking up of your post into five sections…...LOL

Said you,>>>>>>…..he facilitated it's passage across the dry arid plains by providing the beast with 2 beautiful humps, planted prominently on it's back for all to see. We could see, identify and appreciate the camel because it's hump is not only functional but beautiful too……<<<<<

Dog!

Try as I may, (and with one of my Coakie-Eyes closed) I cannot see the significance of the Camel’s two Humps with the subject matter of Lady Genieve’s post. Maybe as it is hers we are speaking about, she can provide some clarity, being careful to place it within the physical context of space, matter and time?

But here is my line of thinking,

The Camel’s two Humps sit firmly on its back, giving comfort to the Rider to spread his legs and with a slight pivot in his back and thrusting forward motion! Instructs the beast to go forward or backward depending on the position he chooses. This “hirky-jerky motion” creates a rocking effect for the Ride thus allowing him to compensate by holding on tightly to the reins, as to fall from that height may cause severe damage to his person (being politically correct here).

How do you make a parallel with this method of Jockeying technique and relate it to any necessary skills required to mount a challenge on the subject matter?

I need help with this Mangodog, I need help real bad.

>>>How do you make a parallel with this method of Jockeying technique and relate it to any necessary skills required to mount a challenge on the subject matter?<<<

GM I think it is you who have made the comparison/parellel ! I didn't intend one. I can only summize that this interesting subject matter flooded your agile imagination with images of riding !!

I fear you may have added 1+1 and got 11. I will admit that my unusual approach to the discussion have not facilitated understanding.

Actually, I was merely trying to say that my view, ("view" being the defining word here) on the subject of our beautiful sisters being the proud owners of extraordinary glutii maximii (is that the plural of gluteous maximus ?) is one of appreciative observer.

I could see that Lady G's argument dealt with matters of style and fashion mores and sought to highlight something that was once frowned upon and is now proudly displayed.

I chose to personalize it. I chose to use a random animal namely, the camel, to illustrate my thoughts on the matter. Actually I was patting myself on the back for choosing such a distinctive animal.

I used the camel to point out that it has a body part which may be considered ugly by some but is in fact, as I have said before, "functional and beautiful" and therein lies the parallel, if indeed there is one.

The following is worth repeating:

>>>So when I see one of my sisters walking by, suitably adorned by the Almighty himself, I nod in wondrous amazement, smile and understand that God works in mysterious ways his wonders to perform.<<<