Gogouyave.com's Forum

Gouyave Talk
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: "It Is About Now So" When The Well of DNJ Had Run Dried

Melo,

l know it is only the nostalgia that still remains, particularly among us expatriates who cannot separate ourselves from those moments because indeed, they were good times.

I jokingly tell my children that "poverty breeds creativity" and in order to experience that Christmas feeling, they must be poor and living in the Caribbean...Lol

Nice memories, especially those of your Mum (RIP) who btw, is my God Mother.

A Merry Christmas to you and your family also.

VJL

miss my friend DNJ. I remember Christmas when Mr Lionel Banfield used to have us practicing carols. We used to get on the bus and go to grenville and other places. I remembered a Christmas we went to Victoria and we went to this lady's house, she gave us 25 cents each. we were happy because she came from America. A few days later this woman came to my grandmother's house and we were shocked to see each other. She was a friend of my father and she wanted to meet us. Those were the good old days. Merry Christmas to all and a happy New Year.

HEY merle I think the tradition of singing Christmas carols in d early mornings before XMAS still exist(Not sure thou)but I witness it a few years back and it was not as joyful and loud as the golden oldies days (LOL) I bet u want to go back to those early YEARS (Wishful Thinking LOL, HOPE u have a wonderful XMAS and Family,