Gogouyave.com's Forum

Gouyave Talk
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Rio de Guaverio and de Frenchman was there.

As usual, your post/postings brought a laugh!

Being in NY I could not be in Cuthbert Peters' park that day. As it is, however, that evening I was at a backyard party - the only Gouyaverian there, everybody else from tung, not that it matttered as we were all Kirani lovers. At 10 minutes to the race a few patriotic ones of us went upstairs to view the sports. We were so pumped up that we actually lustily sang the anthem BEFORE the race, finishing a few seconds before it started. I have to admit that I was so blown away by the winner that my mouth literally dropped. You could have heard a pin drop for a few seconds in that room. As true Grenadians, however, never ever daunted (for long anyway), the screams started, silver yah, we got silver, Kirani, Kirani!! To get gold is one great thing, but whether silver, bronze, or just being in the race it comes with the recognition of being the best in the world at any given time or the other.

So now we await Tokyo 2020 with the greatest of expectations! lol

Re: Rio de Guaverio and de Frenchman was there.

Thank you, AM. No one could have expressed so many of our sentiments any better than the way you did!! Very well done.