Gogouyave.com's Forum

Views expressed on this website are those of the person or persons posting the message and does not reflect the views of Gogouyave.com

Rules Of this Talk Shop

1. Do not use this forum to post any material which is knowingly false and/or defamatory, obscene, vulgar, hateful, abusive, threatening, or an invasion of a person's privacy, or otherwise a violation of any laws.

2. Finally, the owners of this web site reserve the right to remove any messages posted, for legal reasons. 

So please! please! try to keep your posts clean. Webmaster

Forum: Gouyave Talk
Start a New Topic 
   Board|Threaded
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: The Repainting of the Nutmeg Pool

Indeed, Sister Merle had echoed the sentiment of a Nutmeg Pool facelift some time ago, including government taking action to bulldoze delapidated buildings on the main street. If my memory serves me correctly, she had used Hugo Charez's Venezuelan government initiative as a model that our government should follow to make her case.

In the case of our Nutmeg Pool, it is privately owned via a corporate charter with fiduciary responsibilities to government that existed pre colonial period and remained in existance to this day. This makes it a even more daunting task for a public effort to undertake this responsibility, notwithstanding the exorbitant financial commitment associated with it.

I can envision a joint partnership with government, GCNA and the private sector as stake holders, with government benefiting tremendously with a marketing strategy that incorporates that desperately needed "new look". This, and with the new Lans`e Bridge, they would surely add to the esthetic value to the area and appeal to more tourists. But I think the onus should be on GCNA to bear the burden of the cost and not the public at large.
Furthermore, how should we identify which segment of the public we are speaking off Gouyave? St John's? St. Georges? And do we have enough of a disposable income base to achieve this?

And while they are at it, they should also address the working conditions there to protect workers health.

Monsieur Louison

Email  
Re: The Repainting of the Nutmeg Pool - by MELO - Sep 1, 2017 4:58pm