Schools & School Committee
Start a New Topic 
1 2
Author
Comment
Get him out

Who else has had it with the bull Mr. Conway spews? Please join forces and get him out to protect the kids of the city. He targets kids and doesn't stop. Parents are leaving the school system after middle school because they can't take it. Join together as a village and save out kids.
Call The Department of Education and file a complaint.
Call Donna Fienberg @ 781-338-3731
THE MORE PEOPLE THAT DO THIS THE MORE IT MARKS HIS RECORD!!!

Re: Get him out

It's amazing how things change
When people let you down.

I agree. He is one nasty person to students and staff. His only goal is to seek the super's seat when she departs. He doesn't give a lick about our kids. Teachers and other support staff complain of his rudeness and incompetence often undermining them and calling them names. He figures he's a shoe-in as he's the mayor's boy, his wife worked with and is a friend

I agree. He is one nasty person to students and staff. His only goal is to seek the super's seat when she departs. He doesn't give a lick about our kids. Teachers and other support staff complain of his rudeness and incompetence often undermining them and calling them names. He figures he's a shoe-in as he's the mayor's boy, his wife worked with and is a friend to CT and will do whatever it takes to whomever to insure that goal. He's the slimiest of the slime.

The principals CT hired should be gone. This is not funny anymore people are being hurt. The houses are down and the reputation is failing.

Unhappy with Brent Conway
Who else has had it with the bull Mr. Conway spews? Please join forces and get him out to protect the kids of the city. He targets kids and doesn't stop. Parents are leaving the school system after middle school because they can't take it. Join together as a village and save out kids.
If 200 people can get a meeting to discuss Melrose becoming a sanctuary city like Somerville (who has a major gang problem). Can we get a petition to get the middle school guy out. Like yesterday. Seems like bc wants to use kids as a stepping stone.

Vain
Unhappy with Brent Conway
If 200 people can get a meeting to discuss Melrose becoming a sanctuary city like Somerville (who has a major gang problem). Can we get a petition to get the middle school guy out. Like yesterday. Seems like bc wants to use kids as a stepping stone.

Sorry to burst your bubble but the school committee will never let that happen - it would be a huge embarrassment to Taymore and Driscoll - you can get together all you want but it will need to be outside government venues. Perhaps sending a petition to the SC but that would require people putting their names on paper - and who has that much courage - certainly not the parents with kids in the system. Cowardice will always win out - courageous action is rare!

I know you will attack my message as that's what the MM followers do, but I am going to support Mr. Conway. My child attended WMS with Mr. Conway and he was always supportive and respectful to my child. I asked--unannounced-to see him twice while my child was a student at WMS and he talked to me in his office immediately. Every time my child went to see him, he listened and at times--changed his mind due to my child's request. A principal can't always say yes to a student or parent and the word no seems to offend a lot of Melrose residents. I will support Mr. Conway being the next superintendent as he is a caring man who listens to the students and parents. By the way, I support Cindy Taymore, also. My child is in the high school and is treated in a wonderful manner by MS. Taymore.

You must be management or one of there friends. So of course your child is going to be treated well. Please do a make over and get rid of everyone then start over when Cyndy leaves. My city is to important and it is taking a hit with all this bad hiring.

I am neither management nor a friend. I am simply a person who values a top notch administrator such as Mr. Conway. He is respectful to the students and was very nice to my child. One other little side note that you won't like either, Mr. Merrill at the high school is superb principal and leader, also.

Child Attended WMS
I am neither management nor a friend. I am simply a person who values a top notch administrator such as Mr. Conway. He is respectful to the students and was very nice to my child. One other little side note that you won't like either, Mr. Merrill at the high school is superb principal and leader, also.

Are you on drugs? Just do some asking around other Middle school parents to get another perspective on Conway. There is enough on this guy to get him thrown out. I don't care if he treats your kid fine while he disrespects many other parents and kids. Being kind ot one kid does not make a good principal. Just do some investigating on your own before claiming he is the best!

do I believe what I see or what I hear?[:)s]

Esop

Smarten up! It is a combination of both - there may be reasons why some parents and kids are treated differently - but find out how MOST are being treated. There is plenty of anecdotal evidence that not all is well at the Middle School - keep your head looking up and not in a hole!

Superintendent Conway will be the next person after Superintendent Taymore is gone! Cyndy has already advised her staff that he will be taking over when she steps down.

Another Prespective
Child Attended WMS

Are you on drugs? Just do some asking around other Middle school parents to get another perspective on Conway. There is enough on this guy to get him thrown out. I don't care if he treats your kid fine while he disrespects many other parents and kids. Being kind ot one kid does not make a good principal. Just do some investigating on your own before claiming he is the best!

Yes, because anyone is better than the 4 principals that Taymore put in the schools. Sadly that's not saying much!

The principal at this school needs a anger management course. He is allowing resentment among his employee's.

Having his staff try to remove the paras union president DD. He along with so many others did not fight for the union or care about the union till this year.

para
Having his staff try to remove the paras union president DD. He along with so many others did not fight for the union or care about the union till this year.

Conway hates DD. He hates her so much he fabricated false charges against her, spied on her, made remarks to her as he had to so many other older women. Why did he hate her? He hated her because she called him out on the fact he did not protect our most vulnerable students. She told him his distasteful jokes were improper. She stood up to him and his wrath all the while he was supported by CT who hangs with his wife. Both CT and BC's wife worked together in Malden. The school system is incestuous. Look what he did to Ms. Dryer. She ran from the school hysterical never to return. A loss of a fantastic teacher and advocate. Or the teacher last year calling her a b¡tch. Another loss. He does not respect women. He does not respect your children. He has only one goal, to be the next superintendent of Melrose Public Schools.

Here we embark upon a search for justice, a search for truth. We can not find the truth from the school committee. We cannot find it in the City of Melrose. We cannot find it from anything that spews from BC's mouth. It's all vomit. It's unforgivable. Sadly, whether our of fear, loss of job, retaliation, most dare not speak up or speak out.

Oh God, and not in a good way. I was looking through the SC docs and his BC's is listed in the books for next year. Hell is on Earth and it's head quarters is located at MVMMS.

Witness
para

Conway hates DD. He hates her so much he fabricated false charges against her, spied on her, made remarks to her as he had to so many other older women. Why did he hate her? He hated her because she called him out on the fact he did not protect our most vulnerable students. She told him his distasteful jokes were improper. She stood up to him and his wrath all the while he was supported by CT who hangs with his wife. Both CT and BC's wife worked together in Malden. The school system is incestuous. Look what he did to Ms. Dryer. She ran from the school hysterical never to return. A loss of a fantastic teacher and advocate. Or the teacher last year calling her a b¡tch. Another loss. He does not respect women. He does not respect your children. He has only one goal, to be the next superintendent of Melrose Public Schools.

Mr. Bates friend is Mr. Conway he needs to go. Only Mr. Conway knows why he is leaving a rodent teacher for special needs.

I already notified the proper administration for this bad behavior.

Bates
Witness
para

Mr. Bates friend is Mr. Conway he needs to go. Only Mr. Conway knows why he is leaving a rodent teacher for special needs.

Conway hired him. They went to the same school. Bates went for business. When he failed in the business world he looked up his old school pal. Then Bates did 25 hours in a school, I think in Haverhill, took the test, and Wrong way Conway placed him in a multi age behavioral class. Our children are suffering with him as their teacher. He didn't even know the difference between a numerator and a denominator. MR complained about him all last year. Only smart move she's ever made.

Maybe this is Marylou's agenda to get Bates out for the sake of the children.

para
Kudos to any teacher or parent who has the courage in Melrose to step up and protect the most vulnerable students (any student for that matter). And any administrator who retaliates against those who come forward should lose their teacher's certification and be brought up on criminal charges.

If that were the case, half the principals and school administrators would be gone along with the city solicitor.

Courage is..
para
Kudos to any teacher or parent who has the courage in Melrose to step up and protect the most vulnerable students (any student for that matter). And any administrator who retaliates against those who come forward should lose their teacher's certification and be brought up on criminal charges.

Sorry, I don't think so. If it don't benefit her.

See something say something not in Melrose you will get fired. So many have complained about this teacher and he is still here. CT is not paying him a lot so she will let him stay even if he don't know his a$$ from his elbow. And the SC should be ashamed of what CT is doing in the MPS.

I saw something said something and got punished.

Bates needs to be let go! Maybe CT is using him for 3 years. Children are the ones to get hurt in all this garbage they play. Soon they will listen to Marylou because she worked with management. She sadly complained many times on Mr. Bates and got no where ask PWL.

Everyone its over now you can come out. BC has finally stopped jumping out of corners.

I cant believe Mr. Conway has so many violations in his school starting with the staff. How can he run a school with so much bullies in the middle. Mr. Bates is he under the 3years? One more year for him and it will be bye-bye.

Stay Attentive
Esop

Smarten up! It is a combination of both - there may be reasons why some parents and kids are treated differently - but find out how MOST are being treated. There is plenty of anecdotal evidence that not all is well at the Middle School - keep your head looking up and not in a hole!

Gossip is usually true and why would it be said if not true.

Mighty Mouth
I agree. He is one nasty person to students and staff. His only goal is to seek the super's seat when she departs. He doesn't give a lick about our kids. Teachers and other support staff complain of his rudeness and incompetence often undermining them and calling them names. He figures he's a shoe-in as he's the mayor's boy, his wife worked with and is a friend to CT and will do whatever it takes to whomever to insure that goal. He's the slimiest of the slime.

It's like you have to say something good about one of the rotten eggs. Tell the truth about the bad ones and CT keeps them out of spite. The yokes on us Melrose.

The way it works is first the relatives, then the brown noses, and last but not least is the Melrose residents for all the summer jobs.

para

Marylou's agenda is to kiss ass. She couldn't care less about doing this for the kids sake. She doesn't like him so he's another one of her targets. He is a lousy teacher, but that's not why she's doing it. Don't kid yourselves. Marylou's number one priority is Marylou.

It is so hard when you work in the schools and your children attend the Melrose Schools. I can see how the schools are struggling with the changes in students and parents every year. I cant understand the lack of respect the staff show for working in a wonderful place like Melrose. The staff is a huge eye sore and its going to stay this way till someone makes a move for Melrose to succeed. Starting with the superintendent doing interviews for the principals positions. In the long term you will see a school system caring for the children.

Watch out for a para in the middle school. The para is the one that goes to administration and tells on the staff and its not Marylou.

If one is doing nothing wrong, one should not have to be concerned.

para
Watch out for a para in the middle school. The para is the one that goes to administration and tells on the staff and its not Marylou.[/qu

Oh ya,the one who acts like she's all nervous and on the paras side but constantly in kissing butt with Conway. Like we all haven't known about JB and BC. She's just a different kind of traitor than M. Both have their own angles and agendas. Both cheap in both ways.

Is Mr. Bates still in the middle school or did they figure him out. A teacher has no idea which is the numerator or denominator. Frist thing you learn is denominator d is for down duh!!!

Mr. B is here to stay even if he has no idea what he is doing. That is allowed in the MPS a teacher having no clue what they are doing. Come on it's Mr.C friend from school no one will know. Not caring about the special needs children that can not address the issue.

The agenda books helped parents look to see where their child's teacher went to college. Now they do not want that information to be looked at because of teachers like Mr. Bates, and many more that work with students who can not mention what is going on in the schools.[Graduate] P.S. You know her, nicknamed Ms. Paymore your superintendent.

"Ask not what your country can do for you but what you can do for your country."[Owned]

How many jobs did the paras suck out of TB and MS when the two were principal and vice? Or come in late, leave early, go to appointments, absentees not accounted for. This is the reason the middle school is still causing hatred between employees. This should not be allowed and people are so cruel to one another. Seems like the new principal is doing the same thing.

jobs
How many jobs did the paras suck out of TB and MS when the two were principal and vice? Or come in late, leave early, go to appointments, absentees not accounted for. This is the reason the middle school is still causing hatred between employees. This should not be allowed and people are so cruel to one another. Seems like the new principal is doing the same thing.

I have nothing against TB or MS but they definitely had their favs. The former sec then Pres DF never had a one to one or a class. For years she would only be assigned to 3 easy classes that she could leave and 3 blank blocks. This was everyday. She spied in the paycheck of a para that's now at the Lincoln. Checks were sent to the middle school unstapled, no envelopes and picked up by a para. When DF noticed that a para, was arriving a little late, as approved by JC, because she needed to get her young son to school, DF went to JC and arranged that all paras from only mms would each get $500. We are a union. She should have bargained for all paras regardless of school. The irony in this is DF was late to school daily from driving her husband to the T. She was so jealous of MR's yearly assignment of spending everyday assigned to the nurses office so the nurse, BD could smoke in her car that she claimed and complained the nurse was harassing her. The nurse was terrible at her job but you don't make up lies. Mean while, MR who we refer to as management didn't care that the other paras she worked with had difficult assignments. She drooled do badly over MS that you wanted to hand her a tissue. DF didn't drool over anyone but her son who she thinks is a god. Trust me, as I've observed he is anything but. His nickname was Mr. Anger Management. Thank goodness he's gone from Melrose schools but moved next door to his mommy. Cut the apron strings or umbilical cord. Or what about the para who volunteers only for the clubs her kids are in to ensure better positions. Nothing against the kids but really. What is this, Dance Moms? Go away bigboy furburger. Then there's the para who cries oh they're picking on me as a ruse to have employees think she's not connected to BC to obtain information to then feed it to management, not just BC, BC the biggest jerk to ever step foot in a school. You are the bottom of the pit, with your rat pits. That's all for now.

Your correct
jobs

I have nothing against TB or MS but they definitely had their favs. The former sec then Pres DF never had a one to one or a class. For years she would only be assigned to 3 easy classes that she could leave and 3 blank blocks. This was everyday. She spied in the paycheck of a para that's now at the Lincoln. Checks were sent to the middle school unstapled, no envelopes and picked up by a para. When DF noticed that a para, was arriving a little late, as approved by JC, because she needed to get her young son to school, DF went to JC and arranged that all paras from only mms would each get $500. We are a union. She should have bargained for all paras regardless of school. The irony in this is DF was late to school daily from driving her husband to the T. She was so jealous of MR's yearly assignment of spending everyday assigned to the nurses office so the nurse, BD could smoke in her car that she claimed and complained the nurse was harassing her. The nurse was terrible at her job but you don't make up lies. Mean while, MR who we refer to as management didn't care that the other paras she worked with had difficult assignments. She drooled do badly over MS that you wanted to hand her a tissue. DF didn't drool over anyone but her son who she thinks is a god. Trust me, as I've observed he is anything but. His nickname was Mr. Anger Management. Thank goodness he's gone from Melrose schools but moved next door to his mommy. Cut the apron strings or umbilical cord. Or what about the para who volunteers only for the clubs her kids are in to ensure better positions. Nothing against the kids but really. What is this, Dance Moms? Go away bigboy furburger. Then there's the para who cries oh they're picking on me as a ruse to have employees think she's not connected to BC to obtain information to then feed it to management, not just BC, BC the biggest jerk to ever step foot in a school. You are the bottom of the pit, with your rat pits. That's all for now.

Yes bc does the same thing but you can not compare tb and ms with bc. He a woman hating, student bullying, jerk with one goal. To be our superintendent and yes bc will be worse than ct as ct is worse than jc.

Oh he is
Your correct
jobs

Yes bc does the same thing but you can not compare tb and ms with bc. He a woman hating, student bullying, jerk with one goal. To be our superintendent and yes bc will be worse than ct as ct is worse than jc.

Late, leaving early, things like that were TB and MS. Not being marked absent or use of personal time was the secretary for the principal, Blondie who would but her nose in everywhere. You couldn't even say what you were out sick with as she'd tell. Hey Hardy Har Hat, not funny. Ever hear of the HIPPA Law?

Call HR and ask why the paras are the only staff left out of the school directory under CT? Maybe PWL the vice superintendent can answer that question she is in charge of discrimination in the schools.

call HR
Call HR and ask why the paras are the only staff left out of the school directory under CT? Maybe PWL the vice superintendent can answer that question she is in charge of discrimination in the schools.

*No HR in the school* only in city hall and she, MAL is worthless. People, people, people, please understand, HR works to protect the employer, not the employee. Repeat, protects the employer NOT THE EMPLOYEE.
PWl has been *removed* as the person handling discrimination. After all the OCR found her guilty of a fake, inept investigation on the plantation incident. You know, PWL never spoke to any witnesses including the librarian. It's typical Patti-do-wrong. Read the report from the OCR. It is public record, easily downloadable and fascinating though unbelievably disgusting what you will learn. Baline admitted to making the racist remark to the only African American student in that class *day one*. Baline made additional remarks about the student speaking like a slave would to a master *day one*. I know, WTF.
So she admits to it, make additional disbarraging remarks about the student to *Brow, Parsons and the student* and surprise surprise, *no notes on the incident are taken*. Nothing documented.
Anyways another one of *Robbie's brilliant ideas* is to have the *city solicitor RVC*, hire an attorney that works about 20 hrs at the school to *handle* discrimination, and what not, and I use the term loosely. It's not another *control* issue with doughboy Ya think???
Oh and do you recall that *RVC* was the one who, and I'm paraphrasing, *told the newspaper* the plantation remarking teacher, Baline, had a fairly unblemished record & they he was checking to see if the student, or as I call the child a victim of racial discrimination and intimidation, had any disciplinary record. So, what's your next idea.
The school committee and superintendent Taymore found out the next day, *day two*. What happens next can you guess?? *COVER UP* of course like everything else that is wrong in Melrose is.
There have been many, many teachers, principals, paraprofessionals, maintenance who see exactly what has been transpiring in the Melrose School System for years. Very few spoke up. The rest, the majority are either cowards or racists. No other option. And yes, if you report you will be retaliated against. Here's the difference though. You are the adult. If you can't handle speaking up, doing the right thing than how do you expect a child to?

Does Melrose hire any good Principles? Honestly? They keep hiring women Elementary Principles and I never hear a darn good thing about them. And why keep hiring women? To prove you are a women friendly city? Give me a break. How about hiring the best candidate. What happened to working your way through the ranks? Putting your years in as a teacher and then qualifying, if you are worthy enough, to be Principle. This hiring of people who are in their 20's and 30's because they have a Principle or whatever you call it degree, is not working. You need a seasoned, compassionate, wise, strong educator with common sense.
This past school year we had a student at the Lincoln school bouncing a basketball down the hallway whenever he wanted because after it was taken from him one day for doing it his family threatened the school. Yes folks this is what the American school system has become. The inmates run the asylum and those who are supposed to be in charge are scared ****less. This is also one of those highly ranked schools, so imagine what the lower ranked ones are like.
This is progressiveness.

1 2