Start a New Topic 
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Topic
Author
Views
Replies
Last Post
OBEDIAH, AND MR. JIM!!!
On Edwards Street in Shanty Town lived two men. One was called, Obediah; and the other one was Mr. Jim. They lived in close proximity to each other, on the same side of the famous Gouyave River. Everyday, they were serenaded by the rhythm from the river water's flow,...
Views: 441   Replies: 10
Last Post: Jan 18, 2014 1:53pm
by Daniel Nathan Jo...
We used to say all kinda ting in Grenada:
We used to say all kinda ting in Grenada: Move yuh SCRUTCH BOY YOU TOO LICKRISH, YOU GO PUFF! Ah fall down BEFF Don’t BLAM me door Is two BULL PISTLE you want Ah take ah BUSH BATH HE STAND UP DEY LIKE AH POLICE BUTOO. You too dam CABOOSAY Ah go CLIP...
Views: 498   Replies: 1
Last Post: Dec 24, 2013 2:04am
by Wendell DeRiggs
NAKOODA, KIRPALANI'S, AND BIG WHEEL!!!
During the nineteen seventies, men that walked around the 'wee' island of Grenada, selling clothes form suitcases, were called" Syrian", with the exception of one man, Nakooda, who was an Indian man. None of the men who sold the clothes from the suitcases lived in Go...
Views: 591   Replies: 17
Last Post: Dec 11, 2013 9:53pm
by Daniel Nathan Jo...
SCHILLING, SALVA, AND CAPTAIN BRIGGO!!!
Schilling was the No. 1 bad boy where the fishermen in Gouyave were concerned. Salva was a distant close behind him. Captain Briggo was the kindest of them all. All three men, Schilling, Salva, and Caltain.Briggo, had three things in common. They were fishermen; but...
Views: 485   Replies: 9
Last Post: Dec 6, 2013 7:16am
by Tony DeCoteau
a
Arthur
Photo gallery updated
check it out for for update
Views: 439   Replies: 0
Last Post: Dec 5, 2013 12:58pm
by Arthur
Views: 350   Replies: 0
Last Post: Dec 2, 2013 8:08am
by kevkenrick
How does one determine the value of importance?
You can’t take shelter from the rain if there is no roof over your head. It makes no difference whether the floor and the side walls are already up, if there is no roof the rain will surely come through, and there won't be any place to shelter. So it's importan...
Views: 429   Replies: 4
Last Post: Dec 1, 2013 10:53pm
by Tony DeCoteau
Tears will soothe the spirit.
Tears will soothe the spirit. (For those who can relate) There are feelings Words cannot adequately express And they erupt with intense might. When words fail to recapture the mood Tears flow and bathe the spirit. A particular scent, a scene or song Can re...
Views: 327   Replies: 1
Last Post: Nov 29, 2013 6:36pm
by memories of mom
HAPPY THANKSGIVING
Happy Thanksgiving to all. Have a wonderful day.
Views: 291   Replies: 1
Last Post: Nov 28, 2013 12:59pm
by Daniel Nathan Jo...
a
Alban
Congrats
Congrats St.John's sports club, GFA second division champions.
Views: 373   Replies: 1
Last Post: Nov 26, 2013 7:38pm
by Daniel Nathan Jo...
Views: 390   Replies: 0
Last Post: Nov 26, 2013 8:23am
by kevkenrick
Views: 361   Replies: 0
Last Post: Nov 25, 2013 9:41pm
by Kevkenrick
MISS DOUNCE, A WOMAN OF SIIMPLICITY AND JOY!!!
She wore one of the most happiest and beautiful smiles ever seen by man. Without any doubt, she was, in her poor state, very contented with the way life was for her. She lived in Central with her husband, Christopher, but had no children to care for. She was best kno...
Views: 569   Replies: 15
Last Post: Nov 24, 2013 2:30pm
by Daniel Nathan Jo...
a
Arthur
Gallery updates
click on this link:Click here
Views: 570   Replies: 0
Last Post: Nov 23, 2013 12:07pm
by Arthur
I WONDER IF PEOPLE ARE DOING THAT STILL!!!
Were people better off when they used to make their own stuff, instead of purchasing it from the store? Things like the grater, the swizzle stick, the washing board were made by the proverbial man. Not any more though! Electrical appliances have taken over, leaving t...
Views: 632   Replies: 0
Last Post: Nov 23, 2013 11:05am
by Daniel Nathan Jo...
Grannies old sayings
I have no idea if it is her original or whether it belongs to someone else, but reading this poem posted on FaceBook by my grand-daughter forced me to think about the things our own grandparents used to tell us as children back in Gouyave. Ayanna Lee “E...
Views: 485   Replies: 0
Last Post: Nov 23, 2013 7:56am
by Tony DeCoteau
Views: 402   Replies: 0
Last Post: Nov 21, 2013 12:25am
by Kenrick
Just in case you're looking for another forum
check out my forum http://www.partygrenada.com/talkshop/pg
Views: 321   Replies: 0
Last Post: Nov 20, 2013 12:23pm
by Partygrenada.com
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8