Return to Website

Free Basketball Skills Message Board

Come here to learn free basketball skills, drills, moves, and lessons for free. improve your game. come on in.

Free Basketball Skills Message Board
Start a New Topic 
1 2
Topic
Author
Views
Replies
Last Post
Re: You need to put precautions.
We have them all over the site. But thanks for your input and we'll make sure people know about it. --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- Replying to:Whoever is making this site, please put precautions on some of the excercises before someone tries it. Box ju...
Views: 72   Replies: 0
Last Post: Sep 28, 2002 6:35pm
by The Producer
Please become more knowledgeable
Please read up on Vertical leap in books before you undertake posting stuff you just guess on. The vertical leap excercises you posted will not work and a combined program of speed-strength that develop fast-twitch muscles is what you need. Your basketball skills are...
Views: 84   Replies: 0
Last Post: Sep 28, 2002 2:09pm
by Anonymous
You need to put precautions.
Whoever is making this site, please put precautions on some of the excercises before someone tries it. Box jumps are ONLY TO BE USED IF YOU CAN SQUAT 2x UR BODY WEIGHT (and may result in serious injury), which i am almost positive no one on this board can do. Also, i...
Views: 80   Replies: 0
Last Post: Sep 28, 2002 2:04pm
by Anonymous
how can i Be relax in a game
Often in a game when I enter in court I freeze and I am sort of scared. I play well in training but when I come in an official game I am scared and I don't combine anything. What shall i do to be relaxed when I enter in a game?
Views: 68   Replies: 0
Last Post: Sep 28, 2002 6:08am
by Matthew
§
§
Freethrow problems
I dont know why but when I shoot My freethrows (it looks good and nothings wrong) it always hits the back of the ring ( the iron ring) when ever we play 21...and when ever it is over i always get my rhythm back....but lose it again...whats wrong? and what is the prop...
Views: 61   Replies: 0
Last Post: Sep 20, 2002 7:30pm
by §
NEED MORE HELP?
If you need someone to talk to you about basketball, and you have questions that need to be answered live, goto FBSBUDDY on ur AOL Instant Messanger. We'll almost always on!
Views: 61   Replies: 0
Last Post: Sep 15, 2002 7:44am
by The Producer
Re: get tall in a few seconds
The SURVEY SAYS: JOKE WAS A 2.7 TERRIBLE DISPLAY! --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- Replying to:first find something and stick it to your head the stick that on the wall. Tell your friends to grap from you legs and pull you. You now will be streeched and ta...
Views: 58   Replies: 0
Last Post: Sep 14, 2002 10:10pm
by Kevin Yorke
get tall in a few seconds
first find something and stick it to your head the stick that on the wall. Tell your friends to grap from you legs and pull you. You now will be streeched and taller than ever. lol just kiddin'.
Views: 44   Replies: 0
Last Post: Sep 14, 2002 9:04am
by andrew frost
Re: tryouts
Checkout our training section about making the team, there is nothing more that i can say than what is on that page. --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- Replying to:i am trying out for the basketball team at a new school how do i show the coach at tryouts how w...
Views: 40   Replies: 0
Last Post: Sep 2, 2002 3:09pm
by Alex Trost
s
s.b.g.
tryouts
i am trying out for the basketball team at a new school how do i show the coach at tryouts how well i cann play without showing off anything i should and should not do plz reply
Views: 67   Replies: 0
Last Post: Sep 2, 2002 6:35am
by s.b.g.
Re: Is it Late for me?
no, its not too late. Ive played with plenty of people who have only been playing a few years but r good. Just keep playing and practicing, you'll get better over time --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- Replying to: Im already 15 and new to basket ball (only s...
Views: 76   Replies: 0
Last Post: Aug 23, 2002 4:35am
by Anonymous
Help me Improve please
I am 6'1 tall and in merit of this site I succeed to jump 6 inches more than I ever did. If I continue to use this site's exercises do u think I can Jump even more?? And one thing is that troubles me.I, who goes to all training sessions and love basketball, and can't...
Last Post: Aug 21, 2002 2:52am
by Maltese
Re: Height.......
the address for growth tips is http://www.homestead.com/basketballskills/growthtips.html B2 (riboflavin) is neccary for growth and is found plentiful in cheese, egg yolks, fish, legumes, meat, milk, spinach, and yogurt. B1 (thiamine) has a positive effect on gr...
Views: 52   Replies: 0
Last Post: Aug 20, 2002 1:18pm
by Alex Trost
s
Seth
Re: Re: Re: Re: Growth Tips
Ey your lucky you get to grow to 6 feet.....my genes wont allow me! i can only get the maximum of 6 flat,,, Im now drinking Vitamin Bs and stretching tryn to grow again and im 15!? --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- Replying to:o my uncles are 6-2 and 6-3 and...
Views: 53   Replies: 0
Last Post: Aug 19, 2002 2:41am
by Seth
$
$
Re: Re: Re: Height.......
Cant Find it but can i ask something....does taking vitamins rich in Vitamin Bs help and does it affect my weight? or is stretching a good way to increase height --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- Replying to:nicely put wang --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---...
Views: 54   Replies: 0
Last Post: Aug 18, 2002 3:09am
by $
Re: Re: Height.......
nicely put wang --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- Replying to:There is our Height exercises on the site. Search "Height". There are many tips and hints on how to try to grow. --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- Replying to: Do any one of you know an e...
Views: 45   Replies: 0
Last Post: Aug 14, 2002 9:17am
by Alex Trost
w
Wang
Re: Height.......
There is our Height exercises on the site. Search "Height". There are many tips and hints on how to try to grow. --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- Replying to: Do any one of you know an exercise to help me with my height im 5'5 and i want to grow taller im...
Views: 69   Replies: 0
Last Post: Aug 13, 2002 9:04pm
by Wang
$
$
Height.......
Do any one of you know an exercise to help me with my height im 5'5 and i want to grow taller im only 15 years old! any one of you know a good way to be taller?
Views: 64   Replies: 0
Last Post: Aug 13, 2002 2:42am
by $
Re: Need Help Getting In Shape !
A proven remedy: Running for a mile a day can improve ur stamina. But for advanced training , follow these guidelines to get yourself trained for the basketball season. 1. 50 situps a day 2. 50 shots a day 3. 50 layups a day 4. run 2 miles a day Try making 50...
Views: 59   Replies: 0
Last Post: Aug 9, 2002 5:37pm
by Kevin Yorke
Need Help Getting In Shape !
Can anybody help me get in shape befor basketball season? And Iam 6'0 and I can't dunk so I need help on that too.
Views: 68   Replies: 0
Last Post: Aug 8, 2002 12:42am
by Adam Johnson
S'up Y'all
S'up every1, i was wonderin how i can grow taller and if there is n e thin more to the diet and sleepin?/!this b well appreciated Peace..
Views: 75   Replies: 0
Last Post: Aug 5, 2002 12:15pm
by Trey Jones
Views: 39   Replies: 0
Last Post: Aug 5, 2002 12:12pm
by Trey Jones
Re: Vertical leap equipment?
So far i have purchased Jump soles, Air Alert II And Rise to the Rim all in that order. the jump soles were goofy and expensive and i didn't see much of an increase from them. Air Alert was a little better but i didn't gain nearly as much as i did with Rise To The Ri...
Last Post: Aug 1, 2002 7:31am
by Alex Trost
Re: Help Me learn three pointers
Also you have to start beleiving that you can make the threes. believe it or not, most of it could be just mental. good luck. -Alex Trost --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- Replying to: I really want to learn how to hit some threes..... but I have a weak...
Views: 35   Replies: 0
Last Post: Aug 1, 2002 7:26am
by Alex Trost
Re: I an 6 ft and needs to jump higher
that stuff does not work,it's all about the strength in your legs. Im 13 and im 5'11 you said you are 6'00 how old are you --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- Replying to:I followed everything on this site to jump higher but still not high enough, can anyone gi...
Views: 65   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jul 22, 2002 9:22am
by THE FUTURE
Re: Help Me learn three pointers
I suggest you do some weighted squats along with some wrist curls. They will both help you be able to put more power into your shots. E-mail me if you need any more help. --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- Replying to: I really want to learn how to hit some th...
Last Post: Jul 21, 2002 8:40am
by Alex Trost
s
Seth
Help Me learn three pointers
I really want to learn how to hit some threes..... but I have a weak arm and a weak leg power.....is there a way for me to strengthen it.... I fare well inside the arc but beyond.... Man I suck!!!!
Views: 65   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jul 16, 2002 3:53am
by Seth
the key to increasing your vertical is to have some sort of a program or scedule. You can't just do one of the exercises one day and expect to see a huge increase. Over time you will gain. By the way, i must reccommend THe vertical leap program Rise to the Rim. it wo...
Views: 43   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jul 12, 2002 1:44pm
by Alex Trost
k
katie
just jump for a long time try to touch the rim of the back bord it works --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- Replying to:I followed everything on this site to jump higher but still not high enough, can anyone give me advise to jump higher without buying anyth...
Views: 63   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jul 9, 2002 7:04pm
by katie
k
Kobe
I an 6 ft and needs to jump higher
I followed everything on this site to jump higher but still not high enough, can anyone give me advise to jump higher without buying anything?
Views: 74   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jul 9, 2002 6:48pm
by Kobe
k
katie
help with me hight
i love basketball but i am so short i know i could do alot better if i was taller. right now i am not so bad but i know when i get to high school i wont make the team because of my hight.
Last Post: Jul 9, 2002 11:03am
by katie
Re: HELP!!!!!
Try spending a whole lot of time only dribbling with your left hand. Try putting it through your legs from your left hand to your left hand on the other side and things like that. The way to practice the iverson like crossover that we posted is to pretend that while...
Views: 42   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jul 8, 2002 9:32am
by Alex Trost
?
?
Re: HELP!!!!!
let your left hand get a fell for the ball and constantly dribble with do any move you can with just that on hand like behind the back --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- Replying to:Well I want to tryout for my high school basketball team but a few problems pr...
Views: 70   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jul 3, 2002 1:07pm
by ?
?
?
Re: Help me please
eat protien filled foods and get in the weightroom --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- Replying to:I am 6ft1 tall (184cm)& I am 14 years old. Thanks to this website I succedeed to jump more than ever I did. From rest I reach more than 9ft4 (290cm). Do you thin...
Last Post: Jul 3, 2002 1:04pm
by ?
Re: Need some advice
i went through the same thing this is what u must do first have confidents in your skills and believe that you can guard anybody and take anybody on the court. don't put pressure on your self and don't try to make something happen let the game "come" to you --- -...
Last Post: Jul 3, 2002 12:52pm
by Anonymous
No Subject
Well I want to tryout for my high school basketball team but a few problems present me. Tryouts are in September and I don't know how to go about working on specific aspects of my game. I can shoot well, but can't dribble real well with my LEFT hand. I also don't kno...
Views: 54   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jul 2, 2002 9:45pm
by Michael
HELP!!!!!
Well I want to tryout for my high school basketball team but a few problems present me. Tryouts are in September and I don't know how to go about working on specific aspects of my game. I can shoot well, but can't dribble real well with my LEFT hand. I also don't kno...
Views: 73   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jul 2, 2002 9:44pm
by Michael
Re: Re: Re: Growth Tips
o my uncles are 6-2 and 6-3 and my cousins 6-4. o my greatgrandpa is 6-7, but my parents are short u think i got a shot to get around 6-5,6-6? --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- Replying to:no you are not too old to start it, and the number of inches depends a...
Views: 63   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jul 2, 2002 7:16am
by bballbalbs
Re: Re: Growth Tips
no you are not too old to start it, and the number of inches depends alot on your diet, your body type and genes. --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- Replying to:hey does this work? I am too old 2 start at 13? How many inches does it increase height? --- ---...
Last Post: Jun 28, 2002 9:07am
by Alex Trost
Re: Re: Re: No Subject
wang what are you talking about?? lol --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- Replying to:Yep, thats a 10-4 from here to --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- Replying to:Cool Jenn, if you need any help just click the contact us part on the site, or post anot...
Last Post: Jun 28, 2002 9:06am
by Alex Trost
w
Wang
Re: Re: No Subject
Yep, thats a 10-4 from here to --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- Replying to:Cool Jenn, if you need any help just click the contact us part on the site, or post another message here.
Views: 53   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jun 26, 2002 10:45pm
by Wang
Re: No Subject
Cool Jenn, if you need any help just click the contact us part on the site, or post another message here.
Views: 74   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jun 26, 2002 6:23am
by Alex Trost
j
Jenn
No Subject
Hey guys, awsome site, it's really helping me out. I'm gonna try some of the things you guys have suggested over this summer and see if I can make it on the varsity team this upcoming season this time, I'll keep you posted.
Views: 66   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jun 24, 2002 9:41pm
by Jenn
c
Carlos
Views: 66   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jun 12, 2002 8:13am
by Carlos
c
chris
a hidden secret
HOW TO TURN SIX DOLLARS INTO SIX THOUSAND: READING THIS COULD CHANGE YOUR LIFE! IT DOES WORK! Yes alike LL I also tried this and I was amazed if u send the money to the people on the list, money really comes to your door, way more than what you give out.. guys...
Views: 49   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jun 11, 2002 11:38am
by chris
c
chris
a hidden secret
HOW TO TURN SIX DOLLARS INTO SIX THOUSAND: READING THIS COULD CHANGE YOUR LIFE! IT DOES WORK! Yes alike LL I also tried this and I was amazed if u send the money to the people on the list, money really comes to your door, way more than what you give out.. guys...
Views: 46   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jun 11, 2002 11:37am
by chris
Defense
I have a couple questions concerning ur defense lessons. First of all im a late bloomer to the game. I play mostly in a town called Narberth..which is located outside of Philadelphia, PA. Anyway on ur "Position" lesson, u said to keep the right hand up and left hand...
Views: 46   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jun 8, 2002 9:40pm
by Sixerscenter13
Re: Growth Tips
hey does this work? I am too old 2 start at 13? How many inches does it increase height? --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- Replying to:We have just written a new Lesson based on drexler's question about growing. check it out. http://www.homestead.com/baske...
Views: 79   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jun 8, 2002 2:44pm
by bballbalbs
1 2
Free Forum powered by Bravenet