Gogouyave.com's Forum

Views expressed on this website are those of the person or persons posting the message and does not reflect the views of Gogouyave.com

Rules Of this Talk Shop

1. Do not use this forum to post any material which is knowingly false and/or defamatory, obscene, vulgar, hateful, abusive, threatening, or an invasion of a person's privacy, or otherwise a violation of any laws.

2. Finally, the owners of this web site reserve the right to remove any messages posted, for legal reasons. 

So please! please! try to keep your posts clean. Webmaster

Gouyave Talk
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: REMEMBERING ALISTER MCPHIE!!!

We've lost some of our young friends, through different kinds of tradegies, and we kept on remembering them ever since. They were the boys we grew up with, playing games and cooking Flying Fish, and other kinds of fishes; the Manicou or, a yard fowl, etc, ect. It was an integral part of what we'd to call our recreation. Alister was certainly one that we wanted to be around us everytime. It couldn't have been harder for the folks in Gouyave, when we lost him, and another young friend, Fluke. The sea can be deemed a brutal place to venture out into. Although one can make a decent living, by fishing in its deep waters. My Bone, and Fluke were unfortunate to be two of the victims of the sea.

Fluke was from Upper Depardine Street. I believe that he was Miss Laura's son. The day we lost Alister and Fluke at sea, is a day Gouyave will never forget. They were still in the prime of their lives.

I remember you playing with Harmonys With Brass. My nephew, Rawlins, talks about you everytime. Rawlins was a run-around with Harmonys With Brass, for partying, and meeting new people sake. As you may recall, Rawlins hailed from Waterloo, and he is the grandson of Mr. & Mrs. George (Windblow) Chatram.

Thanks for letting me know more about the role Alister played in Harmonys! He was more important to the group, than I'd ever imagined.

Ramdan,I can vividly remember dem days. Mybone used to feel so "heavy". You remember how loud he used to be? (laugh).

It's so sad to hear that story about Alister McPhie. I thought he was alive and well in Gouyave. DNJ, the sea has a bizarre and cruel way of showing her love for those like Kiurks and My Bone who truly loved her by keeping them all to herself and never letting them return.
Belated condolences are extended to his family, and may he rest in peace.

It's alawys sad news for us when our fishermen went out to sea and didn't return back to shore. Usually, it takes more that a million heartbeats just to let the lost of our dear fishermen sink in our minds. Although we live our lives expecting the unexpected, we are left with questions that we, or anyone else have answers to, except Mother Nature. But, then again, Mother Nature won't give us the time of the day, to satisfy our curiousity in finding out what'd happened to our friends, who were lost at sea. My Bone, and the other men, including one woman, whom I think was Little Man, and Christine, from Central daughter, who were lost at sea, was an unfortunate situation, but were just have to live with the lost because, we must accept the things we can not change. Because it's nothing more than an absolute reality to embrace, in spite of the measure of pain in it!

Besides My Bone, we've lost other young people at sea. We've lost Steve, Loslyn's son; We've lost Davis. Davis was Theresa's son. Theresa was the daughter of my father's sister, Lily Alexander, and sister to Trevor (Bay-Bay), and Papa Son, and Muggy, from Central, and niece to Pie. Davis was my second cousin. We've lost Fluke, who I believed was Miss Laura's son. We've lost Kiurks, and a man we called, "BoundTo Drunk." Bound To Drunk was from somewhere in St. Patrick's, but lived in Gouyave as a fisherman. They were claimed by the sea a long time ago, but the memory of them lingers in our minds day, aafter day.

These were some of the saddest days that Gouyave experienced. But, like we all know, God alone understands the reason for removing these young men away from us. We must still give him the thanks and praises; for he's the giver and the taker of everything that he made.

What would be nice is to have a Memorial Day set in place for those men that Gouyave had lost at sea,by the fishermen, who are still alive. IIt'll be a recognition of their time, and work.

Nevertheless, I haven't heard of any one from Gouyave being lost at sea for the longest while. If that's true, I pray to the Almightly Father above, that it remains this way for us, and be thankful to God for it.

Hwever, I still have hopes that one, two, three, or more of these men, who were deemed lost at.sea, will show up on the L'Anse one.day, with Spanish as their second language. The way I see it there's no wrong in anticipating the best results from the wrost tradegies that'd occurred to us, after all these years.

Because, you see, with God, everything's possible! So, we must keep hope alive!