Gogouyave.com's Forum

Views expressed on this website are those of the person or persons posting the message and does not reflect the views of Gogouyave.com

Rules Of this Talk Shop

1. Do not use this forum to post any material which is knowingly false and/or defamatory, obscene, vulgar, hateful, abusive, threatening, or an invasion of a person's privacy, or otherwise a violation of any laws.

2. Finally, the owners of this web site reserve the right to remove any messages posted, for legal reasons. 

So please! please! try to keep your posts clean. Webmaster

Gouyave Talk
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Is it time for a 'blooming' Gouyave?

The welcome to Gouyave sign is very high up, where are the hanging baskets of the islands colourful plants to surround the sign? And, the ‘you are leaving Gouyave’ sign, needs to be brightened up with let me say….flowering plants.

In the last couple of years, Grenada has taken ‘flower superstage’ at the London Flower show with gold medals, silver medals etc. During visits to London, I have seen some of the floral displays,fantasically breathtaking, fantastically tropical, fantastically beautiful; because the flowers are governed by the flawless laws of the Creator God. So why is the Member of Parliaments not tapping into the island ‘creative’ talents of island’s floral experts to beautify their towns with flowering plants where space is appropriate.

So, where are the carpenters of Gouyave? Where are the Gouyave flower growers? Where are the generous Fish Friday vendors’ contributions or donations to enhance this fishing town? Another vision of mine: I would like to see some wooden troughs constructed, lined and filled with soil….and flowers growing, all colours, and oh, what an exit as you leave Gouyave or around suitable identifiable areas.
People of Gouyave arise from your slumber and beautify your town. And, remember everyone loves to see a beautiful floral display.