Gogouyave.com's Forum

Views expressed on this website are those of the person or persons posting the message and does not reflect the views of Gogouyave.com

Rules Of this Talk Shop

1. Do not use this forum to post any material which is knowingly false and/or defamatory, obscene, vulgar, hateful, abusive, threatening, or an invasion of a person's privacy, or otherwise a violation of any laws.

2. Finally, the owners of this web site reserve the right to remove any messages posted, for legal reasons. 

So please! please! try to keep your posts clean. Webmaster

Gouyave Talk
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
WOULDN'T IT BE NICE TO HAVE A HOSPITAL IN GOUYAVE?

Not having a hospital in Gouyave isn't a good thing. But each man, woman, and child in Gouyave have learned to live without it for umpteen years. No political personality, as representitive for the constituent of St. John's, has ever demanded their Government to build a hospital in Gouyave, because actually, they never saw the need for it. However, if there was a hospital in Gouyave, it would've served the residents, and people from the neighboring parish, St. Mark's, and even the folks, who resided in the nearest parts of St. Patrick's from Gouyave. For too long, the sick people from St. Patrick's, St. Mark's, and St. John's had to be taken to the General Hospital in St. George's, to be treated for some serious illnesses that they had.

Gouyave people are known to be a strong and healthy people. But not everyone is lucky to feel good all year round, in spite of the fresh fish broth, and healthy eating habits that existed in Gouyave. But when serious illnesses befall them, it can quickly become a matter of concern for their loved one, knowing that it takes time, and long distance to reach the General Hospital in St. George's.

There are only two hospitals in Grenada that serves the sick people in the country. One of the hospitals is The General Hospital in the City of St. George's; The other one is The Princess Alice Hospital in Meribeau (sp), St. Andrew's. Both hospitals were built some good few years ago, and has served the sick people well. But the advantages of reaching the hospitals in time is for the sick people, who were living in the immediate areas, where the hospitals were located.

There were times when some sick persons were rushing to the General Hospital in St. George's, and didn't make it there on time. They succumbed to their illnesses, and died helplessly, on the way.

I remember that when I was a young lad, a fatal motor vehicle collision happened in Palmiste, St. John's. A pregnant woman, in labor, was on her way to The General in St. George's to give birth to a child. She made it to the hospital with extra pain, but her husband didn't make it there.with her. He died in the vehicular accident. Had there been a hospital in Gouyave, her husband's life migjt've been saved. Probably!

Even my big brother, Kent's life might've been saved, after he suffered a stroke, had there been a hospital in Gouyave. It was too late for him, because he'd to be rushed to The General Hospital in St. George's from Gouyave, to be treated.

What I'm saying is, two hospitals on the Island of Grenada aren't enough for at least one hundred, and ten thousand people. Like in New York, there are at least two hospitals for every ten thousand people.
(My calculation).

Life is hard in New York, but not short of hospitals,

In New York, there are lots of hosptals. Some are private owned hospitals; others are owned by the City and State. Some hospitals in New York are in close proximity to each other. For example, The Kings County Hospital is across the street from The Downstate University Hospital. They attend to all those who enter their premises, with or without medical insurance. And, that's the way it ought to be!

I am not implying that Grenada should compete with New York, and their hospitals. But having a hospital midway, between St. Patrick's and St. George's, is most needed for the benefits of those people who lives along that route.

Rightfuly speaking, there are what we call, a health centers in every parish in Grenada. But that only serve the purpose of cuts and bruises, and treatment for most minor aches and pain. We're most obliged to have them. But treatment for life-threatening illnesses is out of the equations in these facilities.

Gouyave is a place of many great, and beautiful stories, and vibrant life. Having a hospital in it will add to the adventurous journeys that so many people from there had been on. Many will be elated to see what had seemed to be impossible, be made possible.

Re: WOULDN'T IT BE NICE TO HAVE A HOSPITAL IN GOUYAVE?

Great idea DNJ

Yes, indeed!

It might just bechance for Gouyave and its neighbors in our lifetime, because there's lots of space for more elaboration throughout Grenada. That's exactly how I see it.

I totally agree and also a park and a new building like the modern park have