Gogouyave.com's Forum

Views expressed on this website are those of the person or persons posting the message and does not reflect the views of Gogouyave.com

Rules Of this Talk Shop

1. Do not use this forum to post any material which is knowingly false and/or defamatory, obscene, vulgar, hateful, abusive, threatening, or an invasion of a person's privacy, or otherwise a violation of any laws.

2. Finally, the owners of this web site reserve the right to remove any messages posted, for legal reasons. 

So please! please! try to keep your posts clean. Webmaster

Gouyave Talk
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Water log! Is it possible to hydrate too much?

Hey miss P eight glasses of water stretched over the day,isnt to much,(But Is that Compulsary or when you are thirsty) I agree with the latter Drink when you are Thirsty and Don't Overdrink,

Re: Water log! Is it possible to hydrate too much?

Melo, that's a great piece of advice for everyone. But it was a contest. Thirst had nothing to do with the amount of liquid consumed by the participants in the contest. The prize(s) may not have worth the risk, but some people love taking chances, even if it means death for them at the end. To me, its irrational to go that way, for recognition, or a small prize.

I saw a similar story from Africa a few years ago. The drink wasn't water, but a sort of a homemade liquor. The rules in that contest were almost the same, as in the story told here. The winner was a young boy, who was to get married in two days, after the contest was held. Unfortunately, he died from drinking too much of the juice in the contest. He didn't collect the winner's prize; nor got married to the beautiful girl, and make her his wife.

Again, some folks enjoys doing strange things, without compromising it.

I'll advise others not to partake in over-drinking of any sort of liquids, for their own good.

This is indeed a sad story, but the ultimate price must be paid sometimes, for others to learn a lesson.