Gogouyave.com's Forum

Views expressed on this website are those of the person or persons posting the message and does not reflect the views of Gogouyave.com

Rules Of this Talk Shop

1. Do not use this forum to post any material which is knowingly false and/or defamatory, obscene, vulgar, hateful, abusive, threatening, or an invasion of a person's privacy, or otherwise a violation of any laws.

2. Finally, the owners of this web site reserve the right to remove any messages posted, for legal reasons. 

So please! please! try to keep your posts clean. Webmaster

Gouyave Talk
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: THEY WERE SOME OF THE SHOREST MEN AMONG US!!!

Moyah was a place where I'd spent some of the summer vacation each year from school. That was howI'd gotten to know the two shortest men I've ever seen in Grenada. They resembled Shortie, but Idon't know what relation there was between them. Shortie was just a little taller than they were. One of them was called,'Sugar'. Well, Idon't recall the other one name. But, he was the shortest of the two. He drove a wooden bus. I never ride on his bus, because I was too afraid that he wouldn't have been able to stop it quickly in times of a potential accident. All the same, I've never heard of him being involved in an accident of any kind. He was the one who died by the hands of his brother, in a cconflict over a woman. However, he'd two sons. They were both short (dwarfs) as well. One of them turned outto be a Calypsoian, and was magnificent when he was on stage. It was truely a great pleasure to watch him perform his songs on the big stage.

Shortie was In Gouyave for most of his life so, actually, I thought that he was a Gouyaverian, by birth. No wonder why he did not participate in fishing, while he was living in Gouyave. Because where he came from in Moyah, is miles away from the sea.

In Moyah, the residents there waited on the cars/vans, or small trucks that sold jacks and other kinds of fish o come to them. Or buy the corned jacks in Grenville, and take it home with them.

Still, Shortie came from one of the more nicest places in Grenada, in terms of having friendly people.

I inaccurately referred to Bee-shay as "Little man," it should have been "Little Corporal" as Paulita correctly pointed. Thanks Miss P.

Hilariously, it knocked the boots off my feet!

There were many jokes told about people from Gouyave, but this one tops them all. Beeshay was that good in spirit and in truth. He gave us a good time in our lives. I remember his eyes, and the way he looked at you. He was truely one of a kind of man.