Gogouyave.com's Forum

Views expressed on this website are those of the person or persons posting the message and does not reflect the views of Gogouyave.com

Rules Of this Talk Shop

1. Do not use this forum to post any material which is knowingly false and/or defamatory, obscene, vulgar, hateful, abusive, threatening, or an invasion of a person's privacy, or otherwise a violation of any laws.

2. Finally, the owners of this web site reserve the right to remove any messages posted, for legal reasons. 

So please! please! try to keep your posts clean. Webmaster

Gouyave Talk
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
For the youths

Young people, you should leave the F word and all such words out of the things you write or say...You do not need them. Remember this; the people who need them are those who are limited in their thinking and reason. Don't give people the impression that you are of this sort.. You are smart intelligent young men and women. Demand respect through what you say and do...Always be above the trends and popular garbage.. Set your own standards and let others follow you rather than you follow them in ignorance...Follower the ways of the wise Prophets of old, for they have set the highest standards for the good of all men. And last but not least; keep company with the righteous that you may learn to be a good model for those around you and those who would come in the future generations. Sow a good seed in the land, and in its infancy take good care that it may grow into a great big tree that will give good fruits to all the future generations. For those fruits will also be a source of infinite blessings for you. Keep in mind; everything is a trial. Don't worry too much about the mistakes of today, for they can be the guiding light of tomorrow; opportunities to teach us the right way. So use them wisely as stepping stones to cross over the great river of life. Rather than allow them to be a weight upon you back..

Re: For the youths

A great part of our bringing up came from the way the old folks of the past lived their lives. We learned the vvaluable lessons from their deeds,.actions, and the love and the respects they'd among themselves. They were actually flawless in their teachings of the young people that lived among them. Their reputation for godliness. was well known, and their eating habits were much different than that of today's. Hypotension was very seldom recognized in them, unlike the youths of today.

The youths of today are living in a different time. They hardly know anything about yesterday. If we could turn back the hand of time, they would be shocked to see how life used to be, and find it a good example to shape and mold their own lives. But things are not the way it used to be, and there's absolutely no way to bring back the golden years of the past.

Moreover, you can't blame the youths for the actions. They have no guidance worthwhile to talk about. All they have is the television, the computer, and wearing their trousers under the waistline, and the policemen to arrest them, after they commit a crime of felony, or even a simple misdemeanor, based on what they saw on the television, adding to it, the violent games from the computers. It makes you wonder what ten or twenty years from now would look like for the young people in that time. I can assure myself that it'll be madness, and people that deserves to be in the crazy house, because of their 'Wild, Wild West behaviors, among other things.

But something can be done to change the trends that the youths of today have. With the right teachings, they can reverse on the same road they are on, back to where they started from, and start all over again.

But, still, I don't expect life today to be like yesterday's; nor equal as tomorrow. However, the future's always bright and prosperous. Preparation from now is all it takes to make it there safely. The youths need help, as much as they can get; It could never be too much which, they'llbe tthankful for later on.

Your advice to the youths is a sound one. You've shown great cconcern for them. With many deaf ears among the yoiths, it a hard job to complete your mission, I must say!

However, if you sow one hundred seeds, even in fertile ground, and just one of them grows and bring forth fruits, that something to be thankful for.

Remember, no farmer sows seeds, without expecting to reap a harvest!

Keep reaching out to the youths. They need people like you to help them to steer their vessels in the right direction, to come into the port where they'll be able to let the anchor go in peace and perfect harmony!

Mr. Daniel Joseph, I sincerely commend you, and I deeply appreciate your take on the present condition of the young people of today. From your writing I got the feeling that you also had given much thought to the current situation of our young people in Grenada, the Caribbean and the world at large. You my friend seems to be a man after my own heart. As every word you wrote here seems to echo my own. Your concern about the future is also a great concern of mine.
I have always been in the service of young people, Running sport clubs, study groups and teaching martial arts as a matter of fact I was one of four pioneers of martial arts in Antigua. Myself and two friends were the first to start practicing karate in an organized way in Antigua, and in 1970 or 1971. I introduce Martial Arts to Grenada for the first time. I later brought Johnny Madrid to carry on the program there. I am very happy to say that just about all the people who were influence by the martial training became somebody that others can look up too. Some have said to me; had it not been for you I might have been one of these guys sitting on the sidewalk drinking alcohol and smoking weed.
I have no doubt in my mind that our presents political, economical, social and cultural backslide are all due to the neglectful attitude of the former generations of religious leaders, parents and political leaders. The blame can be the shared in the above order.
Religions are responsible for the moral training of the Nation, but they failed the people when they gave up moral training for what I call religious welfare. That is to say: “Jesus dies for you sins, just believe in him and you are saved, you don’t have to the anything else.” This trend in religions came about through these little sideway churches that popped up everywhere, in every little shack they can fine, in the last 50 years. Their founders measured the people and realizing that people love to be entertained with music so that they can sing and dance, so they provided what they think the people need rather than what was good for them. Then the old establish churches found that they could not compete, so they joined them. In short Religion failed the people.
And that my friends are how morality was lost in the society. Thus the parents lacking in the knowledge of how to train their children in good morals, manners, order and discipline were unable to cultivate in their children the values that would make them grow into better men and women, hence creating a more harmonious and more progressive society.

As to the politicians part in this sad part of our history…They are the ones who we the people elected to make sure the train advancement stays on the right track. They should have by observation seeing the unfolding situation and visualize where it’s leading, and take measures to prevent what we have today. That would be the mark of a good leadership.
In conclusion: The true recognition of God along with the teaching, practice and development of moral virtues are the only way to turn back a people from corruption and vice.
Talking is not enough! We need to rise to action.
For those of us who have eyes to see, there is an urgent need to come together to organize and plan a course of action to stop the current trend and set up a well structured plan for a better future. We just cannot depend on the corrupt politicians of this our present era.

I am thoroughly impressed with you. And, thanks for the compliment! That's the kind of warnth one looks forward to in view of his work as a leader.

Building bridges for a good cause is one's most important focus when dealing with the development of young minds. Great leadership results in satisfaction for both leader and follower. However, it's not always good to be the follower, but if the leader is going in the right direction, then the follower will be secure even if he's last on the line. There, he'll realise that life makes sense only when you make a change!

Virtually, all the iinformation the youths need is how to be a good follower and not one of bad company. Which in turn will help them to be a good leader later on for the younger generation that is to come after them.

But, still, the burden of seeing a child walk on the right road is laid on the parent. They have that primary responsibility, to teach then how to expand their mind to not delve into the pitfalls and calamity of the obstacles they will be confronted with along the way of growing up. With the assistance of the village which it takes to raise a child.

What you said about the politicians is correct. They're concern mostly with filling the pockets with the country's money. It's better for all of them to work in the Treasury, because tthat's where their hearts are.

Yes, the politicians focus is on evil in the modern world, as it has been in the past.world. I shouldn't spend too much time on them. Unless they change their ideology, and do exactly what they were elected to do.

Your leadership is a perfect example to that important issue of helping a youth to stay on the Iright track.

Mr. Joseph. I reproduce one of your statements here "But, still, the burden of seeing a child walk on the right road is laid on the parent. They have that primary responsibility," Under normal circumstances I would agree with you totally and from all that we have learned, we are program to believe your statement is 100% correct. And yes it should be the parents responsible. But if we take a deeper look at most parents of today, you will come to find out that they are in no position to offer good training to their offspring, as they themselves lack right-training. Thus the present condition demands drastic measures to bring back that balance and development in child rearing, so that the upcoming parents will be equip to train their offspring. Then the and only then we can shift back the full responsibility onto the parents. So this is a case where the government, for the good of the nation should step in and create a program to develop good parents.

I had put a program together and send it the Obama while I was working with campaign for his first term. Then I send it to the Clinton foundation, then I sent it to NNP and NDC, then I come to realize that none of these people care about what happen to the youths.