Gogouyave.com's Forum

Views expressed on this website are those of the person or persons posting the message and does not reflect the views of Gogouyave.com

Rules Of this Talk Shop

1. Do not use this forum to post any material which is knowingly false and/or defamatory, obscene, vulgar, hateful, abusive, threatening, or an invasion of a person's privacy, or otherwise a violation of any laws.

2. Finally, the owners of this web site reserve the right to remove any messages posted, for legal reasons. 

So please! please! try to keep your posts clean. Webmaster

Gouyave Talk
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: RIP Storm Damage

Sympathy to the family and friends of STORM DAMAGE on his passing away,(MAY HE REST IN PEACE)

I do understand the arguments of those who disagree with the attachment of nicknames in order to identify the deceased. But few would doubt how helpful it could be. Here I was wondering who was Ambrose Joseph from Gouyave. He at 79 years had to be someone I knew. And while I knew Ambrose was his name, it never dawned on me that it was our beloved "Storm Damage."

How could one mourn his passing without referring to his nickname? I can clearly remember how Storm used to look out for me when I was a pre-teenager, and I was very saddened when he migrated to England.
I saw him off and on during my visits, and despite his condition there were always pleasant thoughts of him. who could forget legendary characters like Swell, Willie, Carlton, Rusty, Voom-Poe, Tizzane, Storm Damage, Koo-Toon, Rags, Voh-Lay and the many others who made you feel good to be a Gouyaveman?

My sincere condolences are extended to his family, and siblings Lillah, Carlyle and his other brothers.
May he rest in peace.

My sincere condolences to Neila, Julien, all other members of Ambrose's family. Rest In Peace, Ambrose.