Gogouyave.com's Forum

Views expressed on this website are those of the person or persons posting the message and does not reflect the views of Gogouyave.com

Rules Of this Talk Shop

1. Do not use this forum to post any material which is knowingly false and/or defamatory, obscene, vulgar, hateful, abusive, threatening, or an invasion of a person's privacy, or otherwise a violation of any laws.

2. Finally, the owners of this web site reserve the right to remove any messages posted, for legal reasons. 

So please! please! try to keep your posts clean. Webmaster

Gouyave Talk
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Searching for historical information on the female line of my father's family from Gouyave

I remembered Florence and Monica when I lived in Harlem. They were friends of my father and very close relative to Craft

Re: Searching for historical information on the female line of my father's family from Gouyave

Wow! Thank you for that. They apparently were fairly close to my father, Owen and lived for some time in Trinidad. My aunt says they partied together a lot as young people. However, as time went by, people go their own ways. My aunt lost touch with the nieces after the mother died. I am learning about these folks for the first time really. We stayed by one of them in 1963 for about 1 month, but my memory is vague as I was really young.

Any further info would be appreciated. I can be reached at mzzpia@yahoo.com

Looking forward to hearing from the Roderique family and Tony. Sent my details via a rather lengthy email.

So.... an exciting update - I was able to connect Elizabeth Beggs as the mother of Sophia Jardine (nee Welsh) as well as the mother of my grandmother Mabel Nicholas. This ties in to the dna connect I got to Sophia's granddaughter - Joy Jardine.

Wow! DNA testing works! ...and the fact that USA has good records. I actually got the connect off Sophia's death record.

BTW, FamilySearch.org is an excellent source of information for the Caribbean