Gogouyave.com's Forum

Views expressed on this website are those of the person or persons posting the message and does not reflect the views of Gogouyave.com

Rules Of this Talk Shop

1. Do not use this forum to post any material which is knowingly false and/or defamatory, obscene, vulgar, hateful, abusive, threatening, or an invasion of a person's privacy, or otherwise a violation of any laws.

2. Finally, the owners of this web site reserve the right to remove any messages posted, for legal reasons. 

So please! please! try to keep your posts clean. Webmaster

Gouyave Talk
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: FYI, Cecil "Weatherman" John has died.

Thank you Sherma and Gemma for giving clarification to Cecil's story. She was the eldest, so how could I have forgotten that her name was Rita? I guess it's a case of "ole age."

I remember Joslyn had a daughter named Gemma who was so very close to her granny, that you couldn't see one without the other. I don't recall Sherma, though. Thank you for reminding us about the other siblings, Jeanette, Herbert and Anthony John. They lived on the Lance. And lastly, there was your grand-uncle, Saville, who was the brother of Miss Winifred, I believe. He also lived with the family.

Your uncle Cecil will always be remembered fondly by those of us who knew him, and were fortunate to be his friend.

May he RIP.

Thanks you Tony for your sincere condolences.
Cecil John was our Uncle. Rita John Butler is the name you were trying to remember, who passed away in 2017. My uncle also had 3 other siblings, Herbert, Jeanette and Anthony John.

Our uncle left Grenada at the age of 17 to join his other siblings in London England. In the early seventies he left London and immigrated to the USA. He lived in Queens New York for a while. Then decided to settle in Birmingham Alabama with Vera, where he sadly passed away on Wednesday.
Uncle Cecil will be sadly missed by the family and his friends.
I fondly remembered when I went to New York in the Summer of ‘76’ - he gave us a Summer to remember. He was a fun guy and loved life.
My condolences to Vera, and all his children, grandchildren and the extended John family cousins etc.

My dear Uncle, you have left a void in our hearts. We will always love you Uncle, gone but never forgotten - RIP our dear Uncle till we meet again 😭.

COndolence to Cecil (Weatherman) family and friends on his passing,i remember weatherman he arrive in ENGLAND 1year before me,(RIP)Cecil,

I wish to extend my sincere condolences to the children of Cecil John, his spouse Vera, brothers and sisters including Herbert, Jeanette, Anthony and nieces Sherma and Gemma. I had the opportunity of visiting Cecil and Vera in Birmingham a few years ago. We had a good visit and got to know Vera, she is a beautiful lady. Cecil was a true Gouyaveman and was very proud. You are in a better place now old friend. Rest-In-Peace. RIP.

Funeral Arrangements for Cecil Vincent John

Funeral arrangements for Cecil Vincent John

Public viewing: Friday, September 4, 2020 at 10am.
Funeral service: Friday, September 4, 2020 at 11am.

233 6th Avenue SW
Birmingham, AL 35211

Live Stream will start 11am at www.Lusain.com

The family of Cecil John would like to express our gratitude for you kind words of condolences and prayers.
To those who attended his funeral, or watched the
service online, thank you all from the bottom of our hearts.
We really appreciated it - The John Family 🙏🏽