Melrose Cares: Open Community Dialogue

Click here to report offensive or inappropriate posts.

Schools & School Committee
Start a New Topic 
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Topic
Author
Views
Replies
Last Post
Melrose Public Schools will close for two weeks March 16-27
Melrose Public Schools will close for two weeks as the district joins many others across the state closing in the face of the growing threat of the new coronavirus. Schools will be closed from March 16-27. Superintendent Cyndy Taymore said the closures could exten...
Views: 341   Replies: 3
Last Post: Aug 27, 2020 10:27pm
by Geezer
Views: 672   Replies: 33
Last Post: Aug 24, 2020 1:41pm
by Elizabeth
liz
The Mask Do Not Work If You Can "Blow" Out A Lite.
Most of the city are really not wearing masks anyway, and we are all doing fine.
Views: 45   Replies: 0
Last Post: Aug 22, 2020 7:11pm
by liz
Reopen schools
Please sign this petition asking the school committee to follow state guidelines and reopen schools with at least some in-person instruction: https://www.change.org/p/mayor-paul-brodeur-reopen-melrose-schools
Views: 101   Replies: 1
Last Post: Aug 17, 2020 4:43pm
by Frank
Elementary children should go back they are NOT a risk or carrier.
No the Left is at it again with union involvement. The next four years they will have no reason to keep hurting our country.
Views: 90   Replies: 1
Last Post: Aug 17, 2020 9:20am
by haverhill
Teachers unions balk at reopening schools
hurting the country and Trump. Teachers, union and Melrose will do nothing for Trump. Gov. said its safe.
Views: 218   Replies: 5
Last Post: Aug 5, 2020 11:00am
by America 2.0
Sam
Will the paraprofessionals still be working for the City of Melrose?
I think paras will not be needed this year.
Views: 89   Replies: 0
Last Post: Aug 3, 2020 2:57pm
by Sam
Concerned parent
I recently purchase my house in Melrose, and im excited to join this community. When i bought my house, i was told my house sit both in Melrose and Saugus, where i pay taxes for both counties. The previous owner kids(decades ago) went to school in Melrose, however i...
Views: 352   Replies: 4
Last Post: Jun 4, 2020 8:18pm
by just julie
Budget
So the budget scenario shows that they need an increase of 5.6%. This is before Covid outbreak! Didn’t we just give them a substantial amount of money with the override? My street is actually crumbling as is others in Melrose. Did our police and fire get update...
Views: 416   Replies: 9
Last Post: May 14, 2020 9:57pm
by Reality
Jeff Ugino Article
Having read the article in the Melrose Weekly News by Jeff Ugino denigrating the closing of schools, I asked myself: is this selfish, ignorant person for real? In support of his absurd position, he states that the COVID-19 risk to children is "insignificant", and hey...
Views: 266   Replies: 9
Last Post: Apr 27, 2020 12:01pm
by Awake and Alert
Noah Hano with seven tablets he later donated to local hospitals. –Maddy Allen
Many patients dying of COVID-19 never get to say goodbye. Related Links Live updates: The latest news on the coronavirus outbreak in New England An updating overview of coronavirus in Massachusetts How to find help and access resources if you’re impact...
Views: 71   Replies: 0
Last Post: Apr 14, 2020 10:28pm
by Hospitals
Trolls and Spammers Will Not Be Tolerated
During this time of global tragedy and great suffering there have been numerous shameful attempts to trash this message board. This is a mostly unmonitored board, privately sponsored, relying on an honor system of sorts. When offensive and otherwise unacceptable post...
Views: 64   Replies: 0
Last Post: Apr 13, 2020 9:44am
by Melrose Cares Ad...
mvmms corona curriculum
I hope the next phase of the learning will have some substance. My son has done close to zero writing in the past few years. Maybe they can use this break to assign some substantial writing assignments to produce argumentative, expository or persuasive pieces. Ask yo...
Views: 241   Replies: 1
Last Post: Apr 5, 2020 1:08am
by High School pare...
Thank you Mr. Kenny
Just want to express appreciation for Mr. Kenney, who spoke at school committee last night (and for Mr. Dittmer, who showed up!). Seeing these reliable, dedicated and concerned citizens in the chamber gives some comfort to those of us who are despairing about the dis...
Views: 518   Replies: 12
Last Post: Mar 28, 2020 6:30pm
by Ted Kenney
Principals
Did the Hoover and HM principals resign ?
Views: 336   Replies: 4
Last Post: Mar 27, 2020 6:31pm
by Disgusted
Thoughts on New Superintendent?
What are your thoughts about the newly appointed Julie Kukenberger? I haven’t watched her interview, but there were several articles (in regards to her previous work) that I’ve found that concerned me. In her previous school district, Scarborough, 83-1...
Views: 560   Replies: 15
Last Post: Mar 27, 2020 4:03pm
by Horace the MAN
The absolute state of the public school system
In Europe school systems switched from the traditional format of in person schooling to 100% online schooling OVER THE WEEKEND after schools closed due to the pandemic and were up and running the following Monday. My daughter attends Bulgarian school on weekends and...
Views: 172   Replies: 0
Last Post: Mar 19, 2020 5:12pm
by Michael
School Closings
WTF is wrong with Brodeur, Taymore and Clay ? Why aren’t the MPS being closed like most of our neighbor print communities?
Views: 237   Replies: 2
Last Post: Mar 12, 2020 9:40pm
by Melrose Student
Mayor Brodeur - Mental Meandering as well as Brash & Disrespectful
I am starting to wonder about our new Mayor. Have you seen his antics at school committee meetings lately? He seems to take a simple thought and contort it to the point of ambiguity! I never saw a Mayor who gets tangled up in his thought process while speaking - whic...
Views: 378   Replies: 8
Last Post: Mar 11, 2020 11:25am
by engaged citizen
Paymor and her pals
Hey there C, Glad to know you're paying some attention. You may think you're smarter than everyone else. Not so much. There are actually quite a few who know exactly what you've been doing. Some know exactly how you've abused your power, including your willingness...
Views: 636   Replies: 17
Last Post: Feb 27, 2020 9:19pm
by Choices
New Superintendent
Yes you are right Ms. Taymor! What is the hold up starting this search? Why do we need to pay an expensive firm for this. Is the Chair of the School Committee holding this up? Someone please take over and speak up
Views: 1380   Replies: 50
Last Post: Feb 19, 2020 10:30pm
by Melrose Taxpayer...
38M for Schools
So CT and SC wants 38M next year. Stop this Something is not right! Is this mismanagement? Our city needs other improvements. This is out of control
Views: 150   Replies: 1
Last Post: Feb 16, 2020 8:34am
by Resident
Executive Session
Why are the SC meeting in Executive Session to pick the Superintendent Search Committee members? The City website says an “Open Meeting” would be “detrimental to finding qualified candidates”? What the hell?
Views: 285   Replies: 6
Last Post: Jan 30, 2020 7:53pm
by Melrose Student
The POSERS
I believe PAUL Brodeur there tonight and i was not impressed.Has he forgotten about running for mayor?I was at a public meeting he talked about things that might help melrose funding repairs to the arts.Maybe Paul has to remember just showing up all public events wil...
Views: 3858   Replies: 81
Last Post: Jan 14, 2020 10:59pm
by Leaders
Public Safety Shaft
The new Mayor is quoted in today’s Boston Globe about his priorities. Another F..K You to the Police and Fire Departments. Strike!
Views: 92   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jan 12, 2020 3:21pm
by Public Safety Sh...
Beebe
All everyone complained about was why can’t we open up the Beebe again for MPS use and now everyone complaining because they are 🤷🏻‍♀️
Views: 754   Replies: 22
Last Post: Jan 7, 2020 10:31pm
by Won't Be Ready
Melrose High School Ranked Liw in STEM & Graduation Rates
Any thoughts on this? Education, especially STEM, is critical to us. We do not have the resources to send our children to private schools. Are there any additional parents of high school students forums where I can get more feedback? https://www.bostonmagazine.com...
Views: 263   Replies: 9
Last Post: Dec 23, 2019 1:57pm
by achievement
Paraprofessionals
Why is it that some Kindergarten classes each have a full time para (not inclusion) and other schools either have to share one para per 3 classes or part time only. Lincoln and Hoover have to do this. What about other schools. Just curious. It should be the same acro...
Views: 472   Replies: 10
Last Post: Dec 14, 2019 11:23am
by I'll Help you M...
A Person who Feels Appreciated will Always Do More Than What's Expected.
How do you build stronger work relationships? Every relationships is different, and there is no one-size-fits all in a hand book. They feel authority these workers and will talk behind your back to make people dislike you. They can not be your friend nor enemy and it...
Views: 119   Replies: 1
Last Post: Dec 7, 2019 9:27am
by Mary
Personnel Report
The school personnel report for October lists five who are already leaving the district after one month of school.
Views: 714   Replies: 24
Last Post: Dec 4, 2019 6:47am
by Huh
My Perspective on the Health of Melrose Schools:
When my oldest son was young, his Melrose elementary school...Is this the thriving of which you speak, Ms. DeLillo?...I'm at the tail end of my life as a parent of a Melrose Public School student.
Views: 363   Replies: 8
Last Post: Dec 3, 2019 7:39pm
by nice try
Melrose SC Silly Spectacle
The Felon, amazingly chair of the MSC, starts tonight's meeting, "Welcome one and all..." as if he's the frickin' Father Christmas, for gawd's sake. Then, when Paymore announces her impending June retirement, he signs off on her statement with "Thank you for your ser...
Views: 518   Replies: 21
Last Post: Nov 30, 2019 10:17pm
by Life
Beebe
So no Beebe for 2020?
Views: 110   Replies: 1
Last Post: Nov 30, 2019 9:34am
by That's OK
Melrose schools struggle to hire and retain teachers. The teacher shortage makes it more diffic
The teacher shortage makes it more difficult to build a solid...a school's share of inexperienced teachers who are not fully certified or...
Views: 295   Replies: 1
Last Post: Nov 4, 2019 4:45pm
by No Staff
Which mayoral candidate will do better on the School Committee?
Don't forget that the mayor of Melrose has a seat on the school committee. My opinion is that Monica Mediros will add more value than Paul Broduer. We need someone who will push back at Cyndi Taymore. The current committee members act like they work for her when in...
Views: 85   Replies: 1
Last Post: Nov 4, 2019 4:23pm
by Female
Racist administration continues to plague and harass
This post was buried in another string and needs to be viewed. The United States Office of Civil Rights came down hard on the Melrose Public Schools and its administration (superintendent, assistant superintendent, principals, teachers, School Committee) for creating...
Views: 402   Replies: 4
Last Post: Oct 13, 2019 9:28am
by parent
Who are you voting for on September 17th? My one vote is going to ???????
Who are you voting for on September 17th? My one vote is going to???????
Views: 207   Replies: 4
Last Post: Sep 16, 2019 6:57pm
by Geezer
Who we voting for Tuesday and why?Mayor primary
Who we voting for Tuesday and why?Mayor primary on September 17 2019.
Views: 84   Replies: 0
Last Post: Sep 15, 2019 11:28pm
by Mayor primary
Revolving Principal Door
Word on the street is that CT has sent the MVMMS principal packing. That makes how many new principals for this coming year? Add that to how many teachers? And Mr. Richards from METCO, whose position was "eliminated" (only for another one to be opened). And wasn't...
Views: 1267   Replies: 41
Last Post: Sep 5, 2019 10:10pm
by Miracle
Melrose parents may be asked to buy new laptops .THE NEXT SCHOOL COMMITTEE MEETING!
Incoming sixth- and ninth-graders may have to provide Chromebooks starting next year, although financial assistance is available for some. Parents of sixth- and ninth-grade students may be asked to buy Chromebooks for their children at the start of next school yea...
Views: 1645   Replies: 52
Last Post: Sep 4, 2019 10:03pm
by Lmao
JSB
Paraprofessional-Student Relationship
Bulling can exist anywhere whenever there is an imbalance of power, there is potential for abuse. Most Para's I've met have patience of a saint but after reading my para was supposed to Help me, instead, she Bullied me I went looking for some first-hand feed back. It...
Views: 217   Replies: 1
Last Post: Aug 13, 2019 7:06pm
by Oldie
Melrose Was Negligent, Irresponsible after Sewage Disaster
Melrose irresponsible after sewage disaster residents say melrose was negligent in clearing homes: Melrose, MA- Melrose has either stopped or will soon stop paying for hotels for those affected, despite gross and dangerous conditions in their homes. Melrose, Ma- It's...
Views: 405   Replies: 9
Last Post: Aug 12, 2019 7:33pm
by Oldie
In Light of the recent tragedies in Ohio and Texas
I would like to remember the time Melrose Middle gave a shout out to sandy hook mid Christmas concert. Very classy move by the band that year. https://youtu.be/fbX7pwUIUG8?t=3859 Enjoy, and pray for Gilroy.
Views: 107   Replies: 0
Last Post: Aug 7, 2019 11:40pm
by When I Say Sandy
Beware of the 60 ish Year Old Man, Medium Height, Who is seen moving Shaws grocery trolley
Hey guys, there is this old thin man in his 60's who probably lives on West Wyoming Avenue but is seen walking on Willow St, Corey St and W.Forester street pushing Shaw carts. He is a violent alcoholic. If you see him walk away. This man will scream at you, chase &...
Views: 168   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jul 30, 2019 10:57pm
by Safe Streets
K paras
I hope that there will be consistency this year with paraprofessionals in the Kindergarten classes. There certainly wasn’t last year I have heard that some schools will only have part time paras in K. Why do some schools have full time paras in each K class and...
Views: 279   Replies: 5
Last Post: Jul 27, 2019 1:49pm
by Melissa
Contract
How do I obtain Taymores contract? Public records? Please let me know and thanks!
Views: 469   Replies: 5
Last Post: Jul 23, 2019 7:43pm
by The Big Show
Finance Director
Is Maryanne Farrell leaving? There is a job opening for Finance Director and Administrative Affairs
Views: 387   Replies: 4
Last Post: Jul 22, 2019 8:15pm
by POLITICS
Girls Hockey Team is not wanting to merge with Stoneham.
I like playing with Melrose girls only and not adding another city.
Views: 161   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jul 17, 2019 10:18am
by Girls and not Bo...
Override Money Will Go To Brazil St./Settle out of court.
The money is already spent on the out come on Brazil St.
Views: 229   Replies: 3
Last Post: Jul 15, 2019 7:14pm
by The Big Show
Time-line Disaster/Last Nights News
Melrose City officials, Administration called to answer to board. Mayor's administration expected to answer to board. An upcoming board of alderman meeting may see city officials explain a sewage blowout that filled Brazil St. homes with excrement.
Views: 218   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jul 15, 2019 11:28am
by DPW
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10